085 Benton Airport Missing - How do I Create It? And Autogen?

• I am really starting to love AFS2 - so SMOOTH, so bright, so crisp!

Two questions...

1) For some reason, the nice 085 Benton, CA airport included in the Orbx Redding package is missing even though most California airports are included.

What tools/workflow would I use to make one and share it (unless someone good at this can quickly whip one up?)

2) There is plenty of tree autogen, is there a way to create cultivated autogen buildings for large areas?

Thanks,

Steve

• Adding a simple airport is super easy and can be done by a novice. The only drawback is that we can’t add the taxiways and ramps without an additional payware program. But, you can have a working airport in just a few minutes with buildings and hangars. Go to FsCloudPort and build your airport. It may already be in the database.

Adding autogen buildings can be accomplished at several levels, depending on what is available online for this area. One of the Mods will step in give you some links and suggestions for this.

Welcome to the AFS2 forums.

Regards,

Ray

• Adding a simple airport is super easy and can be done by a novice. The only drawback is that we can’t add the taxiways and ramps without an additional payware program. But, you can have a working airport in just a few minutes with buildings and hangars. Go to FsCloudPort and build your airport. It may already be in the database.

Directed especially to you Ray (who has already helped me on other occasions in an outstanding way).

This is my difficulty:

I tried to downdload the LEST airport (Spain).

The first thing I did was create a folder with the name "ES", depending on "places".

The instructions found in "http://www.Fscloudport", are these:

Create folder My PC> Documents> Aerofly FS2> scenery> places> ES

Well, I really just created the "ES" folder dependent on "places", then:

Download LEST.zip file to your ES folder and unzip to folder LEST /

Go Fly!

Next, I looked over Spain (Northwest) the airport (blue dot), but I can not find anything.

It is clear that something is wrongly executed. Can you please tell me where my error is?

Kind regards: Delfin

Edited once, last by delfinpm (October 22, 2018 at 3:34 PM).

• I am on the road today and tomorrow but, your downloaded zip file from fscloudport can be any folder as long as it is in your /places folder.

Once you dl the airport you should see a button to direct you to that location where you can unzip the file.

Restart AFS2 and the new airport should show up in Location.

Regards,

Ray

• Thank you very much for your response Ray. I return to expose the problem:

C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Steam \ SteamApps \ common \ Aerofly FS 2 flight simulator \ Scenery \ places \ ch

\usa

\ES       
    This is the route at the end of which, and dependent on "places", I created the folder "ES" (as a subfolder of places), in which I copied the airport "LEST.zip", downloaded from "http://www.Fscloudport " Then I unzipped it. Next I tried to fly over this airport in Spain, but it does not appear graphically where it should be.

What is the mistake made by the one that does not work?

Regards: Delfín

• Yes, Rakouth,
    this is the good path, but it does not work

Rarely are operations as simple as this executed, the amazing thing is that it does not work for me; and I do not know why?. Apparently everything is fine: the subfolder in its place, the LEST.Zip copied to that folder (ES); the Zip unzipped, but ... it does not work! What did I do wrong?.
    The blue circle on the Northwest of Spain does not appear, indicating that there is an airport there!

• Yes, Rakouth,
    this is the good path, but it does not work

Rarely are operations as simple as this executed, the amazing thing is that it does not work for me; and I do not know why?. Apparently everything is fine: the subfolder in its place, the LEST.Zip copied to that folder (ES); the Zip unzipped, but ... it does not work! What did I do wrong?.
    The blue circle on the Northwest of Spain does not appear, indicating that there is an airport there!

Try to NOT use any other folders beyond scenery\places. Also make sure there are no other folders inside of the unzipped folder. In your case you should see: documents\scenery\places\lest then the airport files in the lest folder.

Also, try to rename the folder to use only lower case

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• I have all these scenery files in the documents folder: C:\Users\PC\Documents\Aerofly FS 2\scenery\places

and not in the Aerofly root directory.

Regards,

Thomas

i7-14700KF @ 5.6 GHz, Geforce RTX 4090, 32MB RAM, 1TB SSD M.2, 1TB SSD M.2, 2TB SSD M.2, 32" Monitor 4K, Pimax Crystal

• Yes, what you provided is incorrect.

You need to unzip your LEST.zip onto your desktop or anywhere else. Once you do this you will have a folder 'LEST". You need to rename it to 'lest' and place it (with all of its contents) into your documents\aerofly fs2\scenery\places folder. DO NOT place it into any other folder for now until you verify that it's working.

You can not place zip folders inside of the scenery folder as it will not work.

It should look like this;

Let me know if you now see the airport on your map.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff