Loving Aeroscenery - Now a Question

• I've had Aerofly FS2 for over a year now - but rarely use it, even with Orbx add ons that run like silk on the platform.

I've started playing with "AeroScenery" and generated a very nice looking Anacortes, WA area tile - except for the water.

I'm still lost in "Ortho4XP" world, it seems, with water masks and dynamic water (for now at least).

How does one deal with these "white" areas, where there is evidently not water in the pictures so it shows white?

Does one go into each .png, and then hand-color the water before generating the .ttc files?

Do you stop the process before the .ttcs are made, or re-do the process partway through, etc?

I see files that say "mask" but something didn't work - or the tool is still limited at this point (no offense - it clearly has SO much potential - flying at like 200 FPS over scenery THIS crisp is insane and I'm keenly interested to learn more about AFS2 after all this time).

Maybe I'm missing workflow someplace - am mostly eager to do Wisconsin, but it, too, has Lake Michigan bordering it so I'll have to deal with "Water".

Thanks,

Steve

• Does one go into each .png, and then hand-color the water before generating the .ttc files?

Do you stop the process before the .ttcs are made, or re-do the process partway through, etc?

Yes only click checkbox "Download Image Tiles" and "Stitch Image Tiles" in Aeroscenery, then after it finishes downloading go to your scenery location and edit the water from the "Stitched" .png Image files. Afterwards go back to Aeroscenery and uncheck "Download Image Tiles" and "Stitch Image Tiles". Now click and check "Generate AID/TMC Files" and "Run GeoConvert." -Guy from Wisconsin