Colleagues that helped me solve this problem: 'Attemp failed to download an airport (LEST, Spain)

• I know that one more will have been surprised by my attitude towards this difficulty; I'm not surprised, even I am,

I had a strong conditioning for the habit of doing it for many years in FSX. Therefore, I assumed that here was the same as with Microsft F. Simulator. It was not lack of attention, as Jeff categorically stated. I simply did not admit that there were "two routes" in this Sim. It took for granted, that as in FSX, the added files were mixed with those existing in the folder, or without mixing, they were copied into different folders, but at the same time, they were subfolders of others of higher rank. Those of us who are not computer scientists, we do not know those details, (which for you, constitute authentic scientific sacrileges).

In view of what happened, I assume my share of guilt; Now, you (and from the beginning) saw the route marked by me:

C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Steam \ SteamApps \ common \ Aerofly FS 2 flight simulator \ Scenery \ places \ ch ...

It always started with C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Steam, instead of 'Users'. You would have to tear your clothes, give a punch on the table, and shout: That route is wrong !!, there you can not touch it !!, ... and I sure would have understood the problem. Only at the end, was Ray, who did it, and with good manners. Your Jeff, you were already beginning to "crucify me". In short, ... determined difficulty, and I thank you deeply.

Well, even being on the wrong route, the runway was correctly in the right place, but the problem of the "prisms ..." arose. It was Goofy who first warned me. I did what he suggested and ... after doing the verification, in effect, 6,835 files were missing (it could not be validated). They were unloaded and ... eureca !, everything perfect.

Very grateful colleagues, this was the strangest mishap I have had in my relationship with the Sims.

I repeat, I am deeply grateful, especially for your patience to my ... reaction to the "change of route".

Kind regards: Delfin

I think Jeff, you should not have deleted the thread "Attempt failed to download an airport (LEST, Spain)".

In my opinion, it was a great lesson for other partners not to make the mistake I made.

regards: Delfin

• Delfin, we are just glad that you got it working. That entire thread would be very confusing for others so it's best just to keep it deleted.

This was not a common problem that too many users have encountered a problem as it states in many places which folders to use for user-created scenery.

Also, for the record, I told you 4 times which folder you should be using and you completely ignored me. I took the time to help you, which I do for anyone seeking help, and you chose to not listen. But like I said, I'm glad that you solved your problem in the end.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff