Logitech Throttle Quadrant problem in Airliners A320, B737, B747

• I have a problem with a newly bought Logitech (Saitek) Throttle Quadrant. In airliners like the B737, B747 and A320 the virtual cockpit throttle reaches already 100% when the Logitech Throttle is by 50% only. This does not happen in any other aircraft, ie. 100% are reached when the Logitech Throttle also is by 100%.

Regards,

Thomas

i7-14700KF @ 5.6 GHz, Geforce RTX 4090, 32MB RAM, 1TB SSD M.2, 1TB SSD M.2, 2TB SSD M.2, 32" Monitor 4K, Pimax Crystal

• Thank you for reporting this to us, we will have to investigate what we can do about this.

When you look at the throttle levers in the virtual cockpit, do you see them jumping around a lot?

Also the throttle is sometimes initialized at 50%ish, so moving your throttle levers then from idle to 50% might cause the simulated ones to be already at max. So my question would be: is this behavior present all the time, e.g. when you have moved your physical device up to max and down to zero at least once?

• Thank you, Jan, for taking care of my problem.

No change if I move the physical throttle once fully up and down. The throttle levers do not jump around and they show very linear moving in the cockpit when moving them.

Regards,

Thomas

i7-14700KF @ 5.6 GHz, Geforce RTX 4090, 32MB RAM, 1TB SSD M.2, 1TB SSD M.2, 2TB SSD M.2, 32" Monitor 4K, Pimax Crystal

• Have you also tried to just delete the 'gc-map.mcf' file located in your documents\aerofly FS 2 root folder. This will reset all controller settings and once you reboot it will be set back to default.

Some changes to the controller interaction system was done and this may actually fix your problem.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• This did not help. As I said it only happens with A320, B737 and B747. With all the other aircrafts incl. Learjet it works perfectly.

Regards,

Thomas

• Hi

I have the same problem, Also with saitek throttle, but it wasn't always so. It started a couple of months ago. I thought it was because I had downloaded a new skin for the 747 and that it was conflicting, But I just returned to using my other throttle quadrant and then got into Scenery building and forgot about it.

• Hi

I have the same problem, Also with saitek throttle, but it wasn't always so. It started a couple of months ago. I thought it was because I had downloaded a new skin for the 747 and that it was conflicting, But I just returned to using my other throttle quadrant and then got into Scenery building and forgot about it.

Custom skins don't have an impact on how the throttles work. Those two things are in different threads on the cpu, heck the repaints are technically even on your GPU whilst the throttles are computed on the CPU.

No, this probably has to do with the changes I made to the throttle inputs. Now you can have your physical throttles at 50% and then the autothrottles moves the virtual levers and they stay where they are even when you disconnect athr. And we can initialize the throttles for cruise or landing, so that you don't have to change throttle even if your physical devices are still at idle or full throttle. BUT it seems like the new way of doing things has some glitch with these throttle quadrants, we'll have to debug what signal aerofly receives and why it increases throttle twice as fast. I'm guessing the bit-resolution is lower than I anticipated but we will see. Give us some time to figure this one out :)

In the meantime can you confirm that your throttle axis is assigned only once (per engine)?

Go to the control settings and delete all assignments for the throttle axes. Then re-assign them and check if the issue is still there.

• I am using the Saitek/Logitech throttle. Just checked and it works the throttles in all airliners exactly as it should.

I had a similar problem some time back with CH throttles and as Jan said above it was multiple throttle assignments in controls.

Hope that helps.

Mick

• Yes, that was it. Several axis were defined (Saitek Throttle, CH Flight Sim Yoke and a Logitech Joystick). For most airplanes this is not a problem but for the bigger airliners it is one.

Thanks all for your help.

Regards,

Thomas

• My throttle problem (Saitek quadrant) is a little different. When controlling twin jets, the in-sim aircraft throttles do not move in unison. Generally, throttle/engine 1 is sluggish or sticks and I have to move it over the range to bring it in line with engine 2. Retard is fine as both sticks actuate the reverser switches, However, when reverting to forward power the throttles do not keep together and cause a drift from centre on the runway.

This problem does not manifest itself in P3D, XP 11 or Flyinside Simulator, and the control set-up in AFS2 shows both axes moving in tandem.

P3D 3.4/XP 10,11/AFS2/DCS/Flyinside FS - Win 10 Home 64 - ASRock Z270 Extreme 4, Intel i7 7700k 4.5GHz, 32Gb 3,200 G.Skill Trident RAM, Gigabyte AORUS 1080Ti Extreme 11Gb, Samsung 960 Pro 512Gb M.2 NVMe + 2Tb WD Gold, NZXT Kraken X62 Oculus Rift.

• My throttle problem (Saitek quadrant) is a little different. When controlling twin jets, the in-sim aircraft throttles do not move in unison. Generally, throttle/engine 1 is sluggish or sticks and I have to move it over the range to bring it in line with engine 2. Retard is fine as both sticks actuate the reverser switches, However, when reverting to forward power the throttles do not keep together and cause a drift from centre on the runway.

This problem does not manifest itself in P3D, XP 11 or Flyinside Simulator, and the control set-up in AFS2 shows both axes moving in tandem.

Can you please double check that each of your axes is just controlling one input in aerofly?

Delete all throttle assignments and then reassign each axis.

If you click on your saitek quadrant in the list of the control devices in the control settings, are all of the axes well calibrated? Do they "stick" on this settings page, too and do they move in unison there? If no then a calibration of the device in Aerofly could fix that; if yes then we'll have to investigate further.

• Hi Jan,

Yes, as I meant, in the AFS2 control settings the axes move in unison (sorry, I used "tandem" : working together), no sticking and perfectly smooth.

I'll check the inputs once more to be sure and revert.

Thank you.

Mike

P3D 3.4/XP 10,11/AFS2/DCS/Flyinside FS - Win 10 Home 64 - ASRock Z270 Extreme 4, Intel i7 7700k 4.5GHz, 32Gb 3,200 G.Skill Trident RAM, Gigabyte AORUS 1080Ti Extreme 11Gb, Samsung 960 Pro 512Gb M.2 NVMe + 2Tb WD Gold, NZXT Kraken X62 Oculus Rift.

• Jan,

Update. I've checked the settings and all controls and assignments are ok. Further, I've narrowed the issue down to just the A320, B737 (and B747). Additionally, I found that the reverser lever/switch on those planes is only recognised on engine two not on engine/throttle one (lever stays in forward position). There is no problem with the Lear and the Q400 and King Air: throttles and reversers act in unison as they should.

Mike

Edited once, last by ollie (November 2, 2018 at 4:34 AM).