Water color RGB: 7 - 23 - 46?

• Rodeo was giving the Info IPACS told him, that the Aerofly FS2 general water color is RGB: 7 - 23 - 46

With this info I get a much to light blue for transitioning. Was it the wrong value? Or possibly it is not the one for my region?

I like to get the transition from my Ortho-Photos as smooth as possible to the Aerofly FS 2 standard deep water.

Wish for Aerofly FS 2/4:

- Flightpath recording on hard drive and replay in sim from different view points

- Smoke for aerobatic planes

- Multiplayer or at least watching other people flying sitting on ground or inside tower

• I got similar wrong results:

I painted with color 7 23 46

and got 13 43 77

Somehow AFS2 lightens up the paint color.

Please see the screenshot with the original area (lower part) and the lighter color I got when i painted with 7 23 46

I think the paint color has to be darker, so we end up with 7 23 46

Cheers, Thomas

• Also noticed this; the GeoConvert process seems to lighten any image that passes through it.

I'm going to guess that there's some kind of colour palette transformation going on. It's definitely not a documented thing.

Although more effort, you'll get the result you want by feathering out the shore edges to transparent.

AeroScenery - Easily create photoreal scenery for Aerofly

• Feathering out to transparent is not working since the mask is only on or off. So it is more a sprinkle out (I hope this word makes sense here... ).

So I need to test this the hard way to find the correct color.

Wish for Aerofly FS 2/4:

- Flightpath recording on hard drive and replay in sim from different view points

- Multiplayer or at least watching other people flying sitting on ground or inside tower

• Feathering out to transparent is not working since the mask is only on or off. So it is more a sprinkle out (I hope this word makes sense here... ).

So I need to test this the hard way to find the correct color.

If you use the alpha channel of the TIFF or PNG rather than mask files I thought that it supports proper transparency?

(I could be wrong, it's a while since I played with this).

AeroScenery - Easily create photoreal scenery for Aerofly

• I could be wrong too but unfortunately no, in geoconverter transparency is managed only in ON / OFF mode ... no smooth transition or gradual attenuation possible. For masks, it's white (255) or black (0). :(

that is why it is all the more necessary to work on imagery (especially on the coastal areas) and to take care of transition between |Imagerie sea<> IPACS sea| in another software before running in geoconverter.

Personnaly, in my last work, I use Trespassers Sea Color RGB: 0-11-24 that fits perfectly to the default IPACS's imagery in Antilles area.

I think that RGB sea color depends mainly on the water color of the images used by IPACS in the area concerned by your work.

Edited once, last by vogel69 (November 12, 2018 at 3:01 PM).

• If you use the alpha channel of the TIFF or PNG rather than mask files I thought that it supports proper transparency?

(I could be wrong, it's a while since I played with this).

Like vogel69 say, the alpha channel in tifs are not working. (Or at least also only in an on/off way.) I experimented a lot with this...

So at the moment there is no way around fitting the color with the sea color from the region.

Wish for Aerofly FS 2/4:

• Personnaly, in my last work, I use Trespassers Sea Color RGB: 0-11-24 that fits perfectly to the default IPACS's imagery in Antilles area.

I think that RGB sea color depends mainly on the water color of the images used by IPACS in the area concerned by your work.

As Kevin writes, default sea is an ultra-low res satellite photo. In places like Antilles, islands relief frequently causes clouds to form and drift away with the wind.

As a result, in many cases the sea around islands is scattered with clouds that must be "painted away".

RGB 0-11-24 colour is merely a compromise I found that happens to fit quite well with the deep sea in the Antilles.

In other places, I had to use different colours, it's sure not universal.

After some experiment, I can also say that working with masks is quite touchy with the geoconverter.

I can provide more info on this if desired.

Cheers

Antoine

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 3.20GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.

• Crazy... The masked area is darker than the surrounding area. It should be transparent instead of darkening the water. Strange.

My Color in BMP: 0 8 18

Wish for Aerofly FS 2/4:

Edited 3 times, last by flightxtreme (November 12, 2018 at 9:13 PM).