AFS2 will only start in VR mode

• HI,

After accidentally deleting Aerofly while doing a clean up :(I have completed a reinstall via steam (20+hrs).

I now find I can only start AFS2 in VR mode! which starts steam and oculus.

I have tried everything I can think of including an integrity file check, have set up various shortcuts and did get one to work in 2d last night but switched computer on this morning and steam altered the shortcut settings back to VR again!

What am I missing? must be something simple and I hate admitting defeat, but after all day yesterday messing with this I gave up and had a couple of hours on X plane.:)

Any help very much appreciated.

?( Mick

• Open Steam, rightclick on AFS2, select Properties and then Startup options (or whatever it is called in the English version). You probably have -othervr entered there. Remove it and you're done. Or maybe -othervr has been added to one of those shortcuts you created. Another option may be to start AFS2 from the Steam interface: if you haven't entered -othervr anywhere you should then get the option to choose between the 2D and VR options.

• Thanks.

-othervr had been added to the start options in Steam and it will now start in 2d.

I previously had 2 short cuts on the desktop to give the option of starting in normal mode or vr mode which worked well so clearly I am doing something wrong now. Perhaps you could take a look for me.

The targets:

"E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Aerofly FS 2 Flight Simulator\bin64\aerofly_fs_2.exe" -----------------works ok

"E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Aerofly FS 2 Flight Simulator\bin64\aerofly_fs_2.exe" -othervr --------------opens a box in steam and stops never had that previously.

Thanks Mick

• Are you telling me that people still fly using monitors? Wow.

Try setting up all your controls and buttons pointing your finger in VR and you'll soon understand why.

P3D 3.4/XP 10,11/AFS2/DCS/Flyinside FS - Win 10 Home 64 - ASRock Z270 Extreme 4, Intel i7 7700k 4.5GHz, 32Gb 3,200 G.Skill Trident RAM, Gigabyte AORUS 1080Ti Extreme 11Gb, Samsung 960 Pro 512Gb M.2 NVMe + 2Tb WD Gold, NZXT Kraken X62 Oculus Rift.