A320 liveries?

• I’ve had this game for a couple years now and I noticed there are no new Liveries on the downloads tab for the A320. I feel like it’s the most used aircraft and should have more liveries such as American, Alaska, etc. but we don’t. I would take more liveries over the R22 helicopter because it makes the game more interesting. We only have one American carrier which is delta and is annoying because you can really only do long flights in the U.S. someone let me know what the progress is on the template for it. Would be nice to Have new liveries for the A320.

• We don't work with templates as such, we have Photoshop files with several hundreds of layers that we can't share just like that. Each repaint template has to be prepared by us manually and we have not had the time to do so for all of our airplanes, sorry. It's not just exporting your files to the correct format, it also involves testing if the produced repaints actually work as intended.

• My understanding, feeble as it may be, is that one of the primary developers is "the one" that has been making the Paint Kits and uploading them for our personal use. This is Dr. Marc Borchers.

However, I occasionally read tidbits of other team members making specific liveries or repaints that become official default liveries.

I have never read anyplace that we would not be receiving new or additional Paint Kits for the default aircraft. I expect that it is as we all are guessing - a matter of priorities with the Paint Kits someplace lower on the list than the R-22 and ATC and Weather and Water and 3D object libraries, and updates to the SDK, and a few other things.

NOTE: I would like to see a Paint Kit for the F-15E Strike Eagle. :)

Regards,

Ray

• We don't work with templates as such

Maybe you should.

I am a graphic designer and I am the fastest one of the company. Why? Because I spend extra time preparing InDesign and Photoshop projects. I like to have a well thought out and laid out template. I like to think ahead. In contrary to what people often think this ALWAYS pays out in saved time.

Maybe an interesting tip for IPACS. Why create templates as an afterthought while you could have a user template in mind right from the start? It will make your own work a lot easier (and QUICKER) too.

• There is no problem doing repaints without a template. It just takes longer, since you need to workout the textures by using colored, marked pattern.

I have done it with the Extra and can now make my own liveries, putting my sequence into the cockpit and change the registration. The result can be downloaded on flight-sim.com and I provide also my livery as a template.

If you can do new liveries with an official template you can do it also without.

Of cause it is easier to eat from the silver plate. But everything needed is there and even the chili eaten from a wooden plate can taste much better if you worked hard before. ;)

Wish for Aerofly FS 2/4:

- Flightpath recording on hard drive and replay in sim from different view points

- Smoke for aerobatic planes

- Multiplayer or at least watching other people flying sitting on ground or inside tower

• There is no problem doing repaints without a template. It just takes longer, since you need to workout the textures by using colored, marked pattern.

I have done it with the Extra and can now make my own liveries, putting my sequence into the cockpit and change the registration. The result can be downloaded on flight-sim.com and I provide also my livery as a template.

If you can do new liveries with an official template you can do it also without.

Of cause it is easier to eat from the silver plate. But everything needed is there and even the chili eaten from a wooden plate can taste much better if you worked hard before. ;)

I sure wish you would get interested in flying the F-15E Strike Eagle and decide that you would like to have a generally white with a little blue NASA livery. After admiring your creative work you could then make the repaint available to us AFS2 users. dream on, Ray.

Regards,

Ray

• Ray, we have all participated in formatting the templates. The problem is that every single one of us are tied up with way more important tasks and it's not that easy to give you these templates to work off of.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Ray, we have all participated in formatting the templates. The problem is that every single one of us are tied up with way more important tasks and it's not that easy to give you these templates to work off of.

Exactly, that was covered in the "as we are all guessing" was the case, except I thought it was just Marc as he is the one that is associated with the uploaded Paint Kits. Now it is no longer a guess. everyone is involved.

I suppose it is fair to say, we all understand and are sympathetic to the pace of the internal workload, but, being on the outside looking in, we are hungry for any crumbs you might drop our way in the way of information or status. But, you already know that because someone will post something similar every day.

Each day I log on to the forum just hoping "today is the today" for the next update or R-22 release. One day it will happen, and I hope it is sooner than later. Then, once that is all sorted out, maybe, just maybe we will see a trickle of Paint Kits and new liveries. :)

Anyway, thanks for the response. :P

Regards,

Ray

• I can tell you that the R22 is currently in testing and looking really good. Look for some screenshots by myself or Jan soon, and a release shortly thereafter.

Hang in there please, there is a light at the end of this tunnel :)

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff