thrust reversers ops bug

• Noticed that thrust reverse works different on the Lear than with the 737, A320 and the 747, but in all cases not realistic.

The way it's simulated on the Lear you can't modulate between idle and max reverse, since you have to keep the reverse thrust key pushed to keep the reverse buckets open, which always results in max reverse thrust.

On the other jets the animation timing and function is wrong. Pushing a reverse key results in no change at all, neither in the cockpit indications, nor on the engines.

E.g. on the A320 there are even realistic reverse icons but their function is as wrong as the reverse application itself.

If you push the reverse thrust key with the thrust levers at idle, nothing changes. If you keep the button pushed and you advance the thrust levers, the reverser sleeves stay closed and forward thrust increases.

This happens until you reach full forward thrust and suddenly the reverser sleeves open, the ground spoilers are extending and max forward thrust switches to max reverse thrust.

It should happen the following way (on all the Aerofly jets).

Pushing the reverse thrust button should make

a) the ground spoilers extend and the reverser sleeves deploy fully. On the A320 the amber reverse icon should appear until the sleeves are fully open. Once they are fully open, the green icon should appear

b) idle reverse should be active now and you should be able to simply modulate reverse thrust by moving the thrust levers.

It would be also great (and more realistic) if the reverse button would be an on/off button (or one button for each function) so once reverse thrust is selected you don't need to keep the button pushed as long as you need reverse thrust.

Edited once, last by FL54 (November 20, 2018 at 9:28 PM).

• What hardware setup do you have and how exactly did you assign your throttle and reverse inputs? (Please include all secondary axes that are hidden until you unplug or disable the primary device)

The 737, A320 and 747 use a different type of control input which I wrote as a combination of two axes. The first axis controls the throttle and the second axis controls the reverse (in the opposite direction). When you move the throttle axis the lever will increase into the forward range, closing any reverse that was active. By moving the throttle you end up in the forward range.

if you move the reverse then first the throttle is closed to idle before the reversers are activated and you move into the reverse range. If you have a button assigned for the reverse then that should close the throttle and activate full reverse thrust. Right now this happens almost instantly and as soon as you let go the lever moves back to idle.

If you grab the levers with the mouse it becomes clear what the goal is. Grab the throttles and move them to idle, then grab the reverse handles and pull them aft, then you activate the reverse range.

All this is working perfectly on my end, so some assignment of yours is different to what I have been testing with and I would like to know your assignment to reproduce this issue.

The reverse indications of the A320 and Learjet work perfectly on my end as well, they are amber until reversers are not fully deployed and turn green when fully deployed.

• I'm using a T16000M. The slider is the throttle axis (and glider speed brake axis) and button 9 is set for thrust reverse (and prop RPM decrease)

Pushing the reverse button does nothing, pushing and holding the reverse button doesn't do anything either (pushing and holding the same button e.g.in the Baron results in a continuous prop RPM reduction)

I can't grab and move neither the reverse levers nor the throttles with the mouse. I do get a get a red left mousebutton and wheel symbol, but that's it.

Moving the spoilers/flaps with the mouse isn't a problem.

• Found the problem but no solution. For yaw control I'm using the superb VKB sim MkIV pedals. They have an x y and z axis but I can (and want) only assign the y axis.

Aerofly does see the other 2 axis but it doesn't use it and I can't delete them.

Using the mouse for reverse thrust is unfortunately not an option (although it does work) since I can't grab and move both thrust and/or reverse levers together.

• Found the problem but no solution. For yaw control I'm using the superb VKB sim MkIV pedals. They have an x y and z axis but I can (and want) only assign the y axis.

Aerofly does see the other 2 axis but it doesn't use it and I can't delete them.

Using the mouse for reverse thrust is unfortunately not an option (although it does work) since I can't grab and move both thrust and/or reverse levers together.

You can grab both levers when you hold down the right mouse button ;)

I just wanted to know if it works then, you don't have to look down and use your mouse every time...

• You can grab both levers when you hold down the right mouse button ;)

I just wanted to know if it works then, you don't have to look down and use your mouse every time...

Ah, great info, thanx :) Unfortunately I have to choose, rudder pedals or correctly working reverse thrust, but that's a rather minor problem!

edit: concerning the reverse lever animation, the lever should extend almost vertically when unlocked.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Btw, if it's not too much trouble, unifying the reverser logic/ops for all jets would be great.

IMO it would really add to realism if the reversers could be unlocked/locked with a single key press and reverse thrust controlled with the thrust lever.

It's much more passenger friendly and more elegant if e.g. the Lear silently slows down only with spoilers and the reverser deployed ;)

Furthermore IRL use of more than idle reverse (except for safety reasons) is forbidden at most airports anyway.

Update. 12.21.2018 Managed to get rid of the interfering VKB t-rudder pedals additional axis.

Although nothing except the rudder axis had been assigned, the software controlled axis did interfere with the thrust reverse ops.

I had to select the 'remove all assignments' option in the controls menu and afterwards I re-assigned the pedals to the rudder axis.

Since I'm using only a T16000M I have to use a button to activate reverse thrust, I only get max reverse (as designed) but the additional axis don't interfere anymore :)

Edited once, last by FL54 (December 21, 2018 at 7:28 PM).