F-15E FLTCTL, Baron gear doors, Axis/button assignment

• Hi IPACS team,

Not many bugs left so far since I've flown Aerofly FS2 on it's initial release, but some are there since day one. So I thought of posting these items in a single thread.

1. Most important; 3. Include the ability to add/delete axis and/buttons from joystick assignments. (That way I could e.g. use my T-rudders pedals and my T16000M joystick as intended). 

2. Correction for F-15E flight controls, which means no aileron droop, less aileron down travel and simple two position, up or down flaps.

3. Correction for the Baron gear doors. They should be closed when the gear is down as well.

4. Correction for the prop/engine sound relationship on the C90GTx. It's (behavior) is different than with earlier releases, but still wrong.

• 1. You can delete an assignment by clicking on the assigned button or axis and then pressing the backspace key.

2. F15 flight controls still need a major overhaul, that is correct. The F15 needs a lot of other things, too, but it is meant to be more of a fun aircraft, cruise along at mach 2 forever or fly through the canyons. Right now the aileron droop comes from the F18 flight controller underneath. If I rip that out then the F15 won't have a g-limiter (which is the main reason why it is in), no turn coordination and no aileron/elevator mix.
    The two position flaps is already added in my version and will most likely be included in the R22 update, which is just around the corner.

3. Before this goes under, I'll just quickly add this in. Don't blink!

4. Yeah, that one will have to wait for our own sound engine. Then we can have the same frequency of sound but modulate more or less bass or have two sound files in sync and fade from one to the other. Right now we'd have to do some major audio filtering to get the right parts of the sound to change with the engine power, whilst keeping the rest of the sounds at constant rpm.

Regards,

Jan

• 1. You can delete an assignment by clicking on the assigned button or axis and then pressing the backspace key.

2. If I rip that out then the F15 won't have a g-limiter (which is the main reason why it is in),

1. I can delete the assignment but not the axis itself. The rudder pedals are connected with an RJ45 connector which sees 3 axis and 2 buttons.

Only the x-axis is active and either one of the other axis or buttons is interfering e.g. with the thrust reverser ops.

2. The real one luckily doesn't have a g-limiter. That's why it has an aural 'over-G' warning and there have been documented cases of emergency pull outs with way more than 12Gs. There are even rumors about a 20G pullout but the airframe had to be scrapped afterwards.

Thanx for the closed gear doors on the Baron :)

It looks a bit strange that the outboard gear doors, which should move together with the gear since they are connected to the strut IRL, are moving on their own during the extension/retraction cycle. but that's super minor ;)

Concerning the sound on the C90.... the engine/prop sound combination works perfect on the Dash8. It should sound exactly the same way on the C90.

? What happened to my reply I wrote a few hours ago???