Aerofly FS 2 Robinson R22 Helicopter Released!

• Had to try it 8)

Windows 10 64bit | I7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X motherboard | Corsair Vengiance RGB Pro 16GB 3000Mz | Gigabyte RTX 2080 Gaming OC | SSD 512 GB + HDD 4 TB | Oculus Rift CV1 | X-Plane | DCS: F-15, F-5E, SU-27, SU-33, Mig29, A10 & Nevada | T Flight Hotas X | G29 Logitech

Edited 3 times, last by Pokredde (November 29, 2018 at 7:33 PM).

• Kann mal einer kurz die Steuerungsbelegung erklären? Die ersten vier sind klar - aber bei Gas, Clutch ( Gas und Kupplung ) kann ich mir noch was drunter vorstellen ( was muss da eigentlich gekuppelt werden? ), aber was ist "Governor"? Rotorbrake = gleich Rotordrosselung? Also, wie eine Bremse? :/

• Kann mal einer kurz die Steuerungsbelegung erklären? Die ersten vier sind klar - aber bei Gas, Clutch ( Gas und Kupplung ) kann ich mir noch was drunter vorstellen ( was muss da eigentlich gekuppelt werden? ), aber was ist "Governor"? Rotorbrake = gleich Rotordrosselung? Also, wie eine Bremse? :/

Die anderen Kanäle musst du nicht belegen. Gas, Kupplung und Bremse brauchst du nur zum Abstellen, nicht während des Fluges.

Der Governor ist ein Drehzahlregler, er kümmert sich während des Fluges darum, dass dein Rotor auf Drehzahl bleibt.

Zum Ausmachen wird zunächst das Gas zugedreht, dann fällt die motorleistung und -drehzahl und aber der rotor dreht sich durch den Freilauf erstmal noch weiter, Man kann den Motor komplett abstellen und der rotor dreht sich und man kann noch kontrolliert sinken und landen (auto-rotation).

Wenn der motor abgeschaltet ist dreht der Rotor noch sehr lange weiter, deswegen gibt es eine bremse, die den rotor stoppt.

Zum Anlassen wird der Motor gestartet, hier muss man erst die Kupplung öffnen, wie bei einem PKW. Wenn der Motor warm ist kann die Kupplung geschlossen werden und der Rotor läuft langsam hoch. Schließlich wird wieder gas gegeben (ca. 50% reicht) und der rotor beschleunigt auf die nötige Drehzahl.

• Windows 10 64bit | I7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X motherboard | Corsair Vengiance RGB Pro 16GB 3000Mz | Gigabyte RTX 2080 Gaming OC | SSD 512 GB + HDD 4 TB | Oculus Rift CV1 | X-Plane | DCS: F-15, F-5E, SU-27, SU-33, Mig29, A10 & Nevada | T Flight Hotas X | G29 Logitech

• Hey guys where is the aircraft carrier? I must have missed that one, looks fantastic

Thanks 🙂

https://flight-sim.org/filebase/index…ff-pt-mugu-af2/

https://flight-sim.org/filebase/index…eisenhower-af2/

Windows 10 64bit | I7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X motherboard | Corsair Vengiance RGB Pro 16GB 3000Mz | Gigabyte RTX 2080 Gaming OC | SSD 512 GB + HDD 4 TB | Oculus Rift CV1 | X-Plane | DCS: F-15, F-5E, SU-27, SU-33, Mig29, A10 & Nevada | T Flight Hotas X | G29 Logitech

• Oh boy, just got in from work to find the R22 downloaded on Steam, took her out for a maiden flight around Monterey. Really, really good aircraft. 90fps in VR, smooth as you like, it handles beautifully straight out of the box with the pro flight model. Excellent work guys, well worth the wait. On first impressions it feels right up there with the best of the X-Plane helicopters.

If I had to pick a slight downside it would be the sound for me, it felt a little muted, but other than that it's a wonderful piece of work. I can feel another helicopter wishlist thread coming, I think my last one got deleted :thumbup:

i5-12600K/MSI RTX 3080/Win11/64Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+ Beyer DT990 pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/Quest Pro/TM Warthog+VKB MkIV Rudder pedals

• Ray,

Can you please tell me the route to find (and configure), in Steam to automatically load "High Priority"

You don't have to configure anything, just make sure you are connected to the internet, open steam, select aerofly and press play. Steam will start downloading the update for you.

• Think I'm missing something. Love it but I don't see any easy or pro flight choice. So far I'm just setup for joystick and throttle. Flys fantastic. I've no idea what to set up the other controls with.

Also you mention loads of helipads. Seems like only a select few appear on the map until you click in an area. They take some finding :) Haven't found any in Denver.

• Think I'm missing something. Love it but I don't see any easy or pro flight choice. So far I'm just setup for joystick and throttle. Flys fantastic. I've no idea what to set up the other controls with.

Also you mention loads of helipads. Seems like only a select few appear on the map until you click in an area. They take some finding :) Haven't found any in Denver.

The profi mode can be switched in the aircraft selection menu, underneath the text description.

Profi mode just disables all stabilization

• My wish Jan, is to download R22, not some update. I still can not find the helicopter on Steam

Thanks, and regards: Delfin

The R22 is part of the update to the core Aerofly. Your Aerofly needs new code to be able to simulate the R22 helicopter and new files, which are included in the base Aerofly package. Get the update = get the R22. :)

There is no separate download or installation needed.

• The R22 is part of the update to the core Aerofly. Your Aerofly needs new code to be able to simulate the R22 helicopter and new files, which are included in the base Aerofly package. Get the update = get the R22. :)

There is no separate download or installation needed.

In my case, it was not necessary to download anything, as always, it had been self-updated, and the R 22 was already part of the aircraft squadron. I thought that, as in previous cases, it had to be expressly downloaded.

Thanks, Jan

Regards; Dolphin

• In my case, it was not necessary to download anything, as always, it had been self-updated, and the R 22 was already part of the aircraft squadron. I thought that, as in previous cases, it had to be expressly downloaded.

Thanks, Jan

Regards; Dolphin

Yes, you are correct, the R22 was placed in a standard update and not by DLC. You have it, now get flying :)

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• The profi mode can be switched in the aircraft selection menu, underneath the text description.

Profi mode just disables all stabilization

Thank you Jetpack.

Please pass on to everyone concerned with this that they've done a stunning job!! It flies beautifully and feels great. Stunning graphics and smooth.

Also I have to add that in VR it's the best. At this speed you can really take in the scenery and the VR hands are wonderful. Really reactive! You feel fully in control of the helicopter down to the slightest movement. Well done all.