Got the R-22 downloaded and installed but need help

• Hi Ray

I have seen in this post, that you have a joystick that I like (and I will surely buy it). Since you have it, I beg you to inform me of the following:

1) .- In AMAZON, there are many negative reviews related to failures that claim that this joystick has. You already know that this is always very debatable; If you get one with bad luck, the opinion is going to be negative.

2) .- And more important, I am interested in this: the length of the cable of each of the pieces (joystick and accelerator), from the piece to where both cables are joined, that is, the length of both cables separating them to the maximum, from one piece to the other.

And since it is related to the R-22: have you already configured your joystick to fly that toy correctly in the easy case, as in 'profi mode'?

I await your reply

kind regards: Delfin

• Hello Delfin,

Yes, I have had the Saitek X52 Pro for several years with absolutely no problems whatsoever. I authored a review for avsim.com maybe 4 years ago for many Saitek products with the Milviz F-15E introduction. You can search google to read them if you like. The specs must give the length of the X52 Pro connector cable. It is probably close to 4 feet. I have the throttle on the left side arm and the flight stick on the right side arm with the connector cable hidden under the desktop.

I use the throttle reversed for the R-22 but change it back to standard when flying the F-15 or Learjet. I have Combat Rudder Pedals but am using one of the thumb wheels for the tail rotor for now.

Regards,

Ray

https://www.avsim.com/home/reviews/f…ontroller-r259/

Regards,

Ray

Delfin,

You really need to learn how to use the search function for simple questions. See below.

Regards,

Ray

• Thank you very much for the information, Ray. Two more questions.

1º) .- This joystick + accelerator, I suppose that includes the connection cables to the CPU of the computer (in my case).

2) .- From each device comes a cable, which I guess join the two, in one, and this, is connected via USB to the CPU. Is that so?

Oh, the cables have a length of 4.6 feet = 1.4 meters (according to information on Google)

Sorry for so much discomfort, I am very grateful

Kind regards : Delfin

• The base of the throttle unit has a built-in USB 2.0 cable that connects to your PC. The other cable connects the throttle unit to the flight stick unit. Easy Peasy. Lots of buttons, switches and turn wheels, good hat switch for panning, protected button with cover that I use for Thrust Reversers, Two buttons at 2 o'clock on the stick that works great for elevator trim. 10 o'clock four way switch is good for zooming in or out and moving left or right or whatever blows your skirt up. Sometimes I set this for seat (eye) up and down and left and right. There is a 9 o'clock push button that I use for flaps. I use a button on the throttle for flaps up. I also use a button in the middle of a thumbwheel on the right side of the throttle for gear up and down. The slider on the throttle works great for deploying and retracting the spoilers for the Learjet and F-15E. There are buttons and knobs left over for whatever may come up.

We don't have any weapons for I guess they are typically used for dropping bombs and firing missiles.

The current version is the X-56 Rhino with a split throttle which would be nice but not necessary. Me personally, I would seriously look at getting a refurbished x56 rather than a new x52 Pro, but that is just me. If you buy at amazon you have 30 days to return it if unhappy.

Regards,

Ray

• Moin,

vielen Dank an das IPACS-Team für den schönen Helicopter. Er ist eine echte Bereicherung für den Aerofly und bringt eine Menge Spaß. Das RPM-Verhalten ist mir allerdings nicht ganz klar. Wenn man den throttle über einen Schieberegler erhöht oder senkt, zeigt die RPM-Anzeige die entsprechende Veränderung und der Motor erhöht oder senkt die Leistung. Es scheint dabei egal zu sein, ob die governor-Funktion ein-oder ausgeschaltet ist. Ich hätte nun erwartet, dass beim Flug mit deaktivierten governor die über den Schieberegler eingestellte und in der Cockpit-Anzeige dargestellte RPM gilt z.B. 90% oder 100%. Dies scheint aber nicht der Fall zu sein, da es trotzdem zur low-rpm-Warnanzeige und sinkender Motorleistung während des Fluges kommt. Auch mit aktivierten governor erscheint die low-rpm-Warnanzeige zeitweise und kann nicht immer durch Pitchanpassung erhöht werden. In beiden Fällen verändert sich die RPM-Anzeige nicht (trotz low-rpm-Warnung). Die im Cockpit angezeigten RPM müssten doch in diesen Fällen unterhalb der Idle-Markierung fallen? Führen ein falscher Pitchanstellwinkel oder eine falsche Gemischeinstellung zu den RPM-Drops bzw. Leistungsverlusten in der Simulation? Nach meinem Kenntnisstand wirken sich magere oder fette Gemischeinstellungen in Abhängigkeit zur Flughöhe bisher im Aerofly nicht aus. Oder ist es eher eine Art Strömungsabriss bzw. Stall-Warnung bei zu niedriger Geschwindigkeit? 

Gruß aus EDDH

Ives

• Moin, moin,

Faustregel beim Aerofly: wenn man einen Steuerinput nicht ganz versteht dann am besten gar nicht erst belegen. Wenn er nicht belegt ist, dann erzeugen wir einen sinnvollen Ersatz.

Beim r22 muss man während des Fluges den throttle gar nicht bewegen. Einfach bei 50% stehen lassen, dann hat der governor die richtige Zieldrehzahl. Wenn man da bei eingeschaltetem governor an der Motorleistung rumspielt, dann ändert man einfach nur die Zieldrehzahl und kann zu hohe als auch zu niedrige Drehzahlen erreichen.

Die höhenabhängige Leistungsabnahme ist natürlich bereits eingebaut, soweit ich weiß bei allen Modellen. Bei manchen der Motoren mag sie noch etwas zu schwach sein. Gemisch macht schon auch etwas, ich weiß aber nicht ob die Leistung damit bereits verbessert werden kann.

Die Low RPM anzeige wird immer dann angezeigt, wenn man zu viel collective zieht und die Rotordrehzahl einbricht. Richtige Reaktion ist collective reduzieren.

• The base of the throttle unit has a built-in USB 2.0 cable that connects to your PC. The other cable connects the throttle unit to the flight stick unit. Easy Peasy. Lots of buttons, switches and turn wheels, good hat switch for panning, protected button with cover that I use for Thrust Reversers, Two buttons at 2 o'clock on the stick that works great for elevator trim. 10 o'clock four way switch is good for zooming in or out and moving left or right or whatever blows your skirt up. Sometimes I set this for seat (eye) up and down and left and right. There is a 9 o'clock push button that I use for flaps. I use a button on the throttle for flaps up. I also use a button in the middle of a thumbwheel on the right side of the throttle for gear up and down. The slider on the throttle works great for deploying and retracting the spoilers for the Learjet and F-15E. There are buttons and knobs left over for whatever may come up.

We don't have any weapons for I guess they are typically used for dropping bombs and firing missiles.

The current version is the X-56 Rhino with a split throttle which would be nice but not necessary. Me personally, I would seriously look at getting a refurbished x56 rather than a new x52 Pro, but that is just me. If you buy at amazon you have 30 days to return it if unhappy.

Regards,

Ray

Hi Ray

Finally, you have been very, very explicit in explaining to me how the cable (cables) that connect the joystick and accelerator are formed, with the CPU of my computer. I had to be clear, because I have a problem of space and distribution in my office.

Not only have you done it extensively, you have even described how to assign functions of the Sim, to certain buttons, switches, rotating wheels, etc.

Well this is really interesting, because when you start assigning functions to so many devices, it can turn out that you do not know which way to start and in what order and priority to assign those functions.
    Again many, many thanks, and ... I remain in debt to you.

Very interesting and extensive the link of your writing in AVSIM. Thanks also for that.

Oh, I was hoping you would connect personally with me. Again, this is my personal e.mail. "delfinperezmarino@gmail.com". Initially, you do not have to write anything, simply: "hi Delfin ...". I will write to you. What ... you do not dare ?. Then tell me how to do it with you, well, in your personal e.mail, or, through this forum if there is such a possibility to connect with you, and only with you.

Kind regards: Delfin

• Hello Delfin,

We have a built-in private communication system here at the forum. Just click on the "Conversations" icon between the bell and the magnifying glass in the upper right and press + to send a private message to any member.

Regards.

Ray