Any graphic changes closes game

• I play in VR, any time I make a change to graphics, when I click to go back to main menu, the game closes. No error message or anything. When I load the game it remembers what I changed but it's a little annoying and never used to happen.

Any ideas?

• My performance with the Oculus is unchanged, but I do get a crash whenever I use and then come out of the settings menu. The settings are changed when I reload the program, but I have to reload each time I go into settings. Sometimes it is a complete crash to a white screen, sometimes the mouse stops working correctly.

• My performance with the Oculus is unchanged, but I do get a crash whenever I use and then come out of the settings menu. The settings are changed when I reload the program, but I have to reload each time I go into settings. Sometimes it is a complete crash to a white screen, sometimes the mouse stops working correctly.

I have found this type of thing is often fixed by deleting the MCF

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

• I don't use VR but had the game close on me after changing some graphics settings. It successfully applied twice, very soon after, I entered the Controls menu and it froze, then exited and did not return.

Can you remember what you changed in the settings? This helps us track down issues.

What do you mean with "did not return"?

• Can you remember what you changed in the settings? This helps us track down issues.

What do you mean with "did not return"?

I don't remember completely for proper repro.

I think I did these things at that time, but not sure:

Graphics Settings

Lens flare off

Switch opengl -> vulcan

High qual AA On

Qraphics Quality

Graphics quality Med -> High

During these changes, the game window disappeared then reappeared twice as if a big graphical switch had taken place.

(Twice being after applying two different changes some seconds apart.)

After this, I entered the Controls menu.

The controls menu did appear, and I tried to move my mouse to select and item, but the game appeared frozen. After some seconds the game window disappeared, but this time did not reappear. There was no error message. I manually restarted the game shortly after. I did not try to locate a log file.

I was only changing these settings because they changed or reset after the recent update.

This crash has not reoccurred, though I did not attempt to reproduce the same steps.

System:

Windows 10 Pro

Intel i7-4790

16GB RAM

nVidia Geforce 1070

Thrustmaster joystick

Logitech G502 mouse

Dell 4K monitor running at 1440p

• I know that on my system, I have a standard 'monitor' on my desk, and an associated flat screen HD TV on my wall also assigned as monitor No. 2. If I drag the window from the true 'monitor' over to the flat screen, or the other way around, either way I get booted out. I am presuming it is due to the differing resolution settings for the two displays. All other programs I can drag back and forth just fine.

• I have found this type of thing is often fixed by deleting the MCF

I'm having problems after upgrading my computer. AFS2 Won't start in Oculus mode - opens to splash screen, and then shuts down. What is the MCF?

Thanks

Flying A330 as a day-job and enjoy VR-flying with PIMAX 5k+. NextLevelRacing v.3 Motion platform, Watercooled and overclocked i9-9900k, 32Gb 3600RAM, Samsung 970EVO Pro 2Tb m.2, nVidia RTX-2080Ti FE, Thrustmaster HOTAS, VKB pedals, Cockpitforyou motorised throttle quadrant, Precision Flight Controls Jetliner column

• I'm having problems after upgrading my computer. AFS2 Won't start in Oculus mode - opens to splash screen, and then shuts down. What is the MCF?

Thanks

Make sure that your video card drivers are fully up to date and that you are using the drivers from the manufacturer and not ones added by Windows.

If you have the Steam version make sure everything installed correctly by running the Steam file integrity check, and delete your 'main.mcf' file located in your documents\Aerofly FS 2 root folder; this will reset all of the graphics settings for you.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Thanks Jeff - as always!

Flying A330 as a day-job and enjoy VR-flying with PIMAX 5k+. NextLevelRacing v.3 Motion platform, Watercooled and overclocked i9-9900k, 32Gb 3600RAM, Samsung 970EVO Pro 2Tb m.2, nVidia RTX-2080Ti FE, Thrustmaster HOTAS, VKB pedals, Cockpitforyou motorised throttle quadrant, Precision Flight Controls Jetliner column

• Thanks Jeff - as always!

No problem. Please let us know if you are back in business.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• All good now thanks. Deleted the main.mcf file, and set up graphics again.

Happy Christmas to you Jeff!