How can I switch to easy mode of the R22?

• On the selection page there is a small check box at the bottom. I guess if you have not seen it you flew in easy mode already :)

Regards,

Thomas

i7-14700KF @ 5.6 GHz, Geforce RTX 4090, 32MB RAM, 1TB SSD M.2, 1TB SSD M.2, 2TB SSD M.2, 32" Monitor 4K, Pimax Crystal

• On the selection page there is a small check box at the bottom. I guess if you have not seen it you flew in easy mode already :)

frui i.e. where you choose R22 instead of C172 etc. Took me 15 minutes to find it and yes I'm sure you were in easy mode by default. Wow, it takes some handling to fly in Profi. I'm building a DIY collective to give me the fine control it needs.

Thank you for the instruction. Now that's very embarrassing...^^

frui i.e. where you choose R22 instead of C172 etc. Took me 15 minutes to find it and yes I'm sure you were in easy mode by default. Wow, it takes some handling to fly in Profi. I'm building a DIY collective to give me the fine control it needs.

So the easy mode of FS2 is more difficulty than the standard mode of FSX and X-plane. I can handle the latter two quite easily.

• I find out that the diffcult is because I have reverted the roll axis. Now it’s super easy in easy mode.

Also if you inadvertently map the Helicopter throttle to something, I believe the governor then defaults to off. (?)

I spent 30 minutes trying to figure out why flying in Profi mode was virtually impossible. Once I cleared the throttle mapping I managed to do a flight in Profi, after getting the hang of tail rotor control.

AeroScenery - Easily create photoreal scenery for Aerofly

• Also if you inadvertently map the Helicopter throttle to something, I believe the governor then defaults to off. (?)

I spent 30 minutes trying to figure out why flying in Profi mode was virtually impossible. Once I cleared the throttle mapping I managed to do a flight in Profi, after getting the hang of tail rotor control.

If you leave the throttle at 50% then you are OK. But if you increase the throttle then your rotor RPM actually goes above the 100% and if you throttle down it drops below it (just like in the real thing). That's why it is best to not assign the throttle at all.

• If you leave the throttle at 50% then you are OK. But if you increase the throttle then your rotor RPM actually goes above the 100% and if you throttle down it drops below it (just like in the real thing). That's why it is best to not assign the throttle at all.

Thanks for the explanation. I guess my throttle wasn't at 50% and I was assuming that the governor would just override that.

For a while I thought that flying helicopters must take super-human abilities. ^^

AeroScenery - Easily create photoreal scenery for Aerofly

• Also if you inadvertently map the Helicopter throttle to something, I believe the governor then defaults to off. (?)

Ahh, thank you !!! I have the throttle mapped to the collective grip. So that should be the governor? I just jumped in and tried to map things by trial and error - was never one to RTFM !