R22 Update, Problem with Next Level Motion Platform v3

• Hallo,

die Next Level Motion Platform v3 funktioniert seit meinem heutigen Update nicht mehr. Diese ist nun vorwiegend eine extrem starke Rüttelplatte.

Bisher hatte sie mit der Cessna 172 sehr gut funktioniert.

An Fliegen mit dem R22 und der NLMV 3 ist auch nicht zu denken...

Es wäre nett wenn das SDK mal geprüft werden könnte

Vielen Dank !

Gruß André

Hello,

The Next Level Motion Platform v3 does not work anymore since my update today. This is now mainly an extremely strong vibrating plate.

So far, she had worked very well with the Cessna 172

Flying with the R22 and the NLMV 3 is also out of the question.

it would be nice if the SDK could be checked

Many Thanks !

Greeting André

• Hallo,

ich hoffe auch...!

Es kommen ja schon Daten, wenn der Simulator im Pausen Modus ist.

Vor ca. 3 Wochen funktionierte es bei mir mit der 172 noch...

Gruß Andre

Hello,

I also hope...!

There are already data when the simulator is in pause mode.

About 3 weeks ago it worked for me with the 172 still ...

Greeting Andre

• As Raging Beard said - they are aware that the Motion Platform output became "disabled" for all aircraft with the update containing the R22. Shouldn't take long as these guys are onto it! The ORBX bug contained within the same R22 update got sorted within hours, so we'll just have to be a bit patient.

Flying A330 as a day-job and enjoy VR-flying with PIMAX 5k+. NextLevelRacing v.3 Motion platform, Watercooled and overclocked i9-9900k, 32Gb 3600RAM, Samsung 970EVO Pro 2Tb m.2, nVidia RTX-2080Ti FE, Thrustmaster HOTAS, VKB pedals, Cockpitforyou motorised throttle quadrant, Precision Flight Controls Jetliner column

• Hello,

As we have read, the problem will probably take longer. Is there a possibility of downgrading the software?

We can do without the R22 for a while. Extremely negative is that the motion platforms at the moment do not work with Aerofly FS2

Greeting Andre

• Hello,

As we have read, the problem will probably take longer. Is there a possibility of downgrading the software?

We can do without the R22 for a while. Extremely negative is that the motion platforms at the moment do not work with Aerofly FS2

Greeting Andre

Unfortunately there is no was to downgrade Aerofly from the current version. Please be patient while we look into the issue. You can still use Aerofly, just unplug the motion platform for now.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Just to make sure we're talking about the same thing, I've just finished building my new G-Seat and have been monitoring the DOF output coming into SimTools. The heave & surge DOFs seem to be sampling much slower than others like every 500ms so flap movements are very jerky rather than smooth.

Is this the sort of thing other people are experiencing?

Some video'd the output in SimTools - which shows with Sway what I see with Heave & Surge (I've not done much with sway)

• Hello Devs

Any update on the time frame to fix this?

I reached out to NLR and they are asking as well.

The devs are very aware of this issue and I'm sure they are working hard to fix it. It's a fine line between "nagging" and showing a keen interest in achieving an outcome, so while I share your frustration in not having motion anymore for the best VR-sim on the planet, I also understand that we need to cut them some slack in sorting it out (not suggestion for a minute that you have crossed that line gman- just rambling on;-)). I often wish there was an option to "roll back" to an earlier version though, when an unintended result has snuck into an update, like the loss of motion in AFS2. For everything else that's wrong with X-xxxne, one thing they do right is the roll-out of betas, where you may choose to sign up, - or not. They also allow 2 simultaneous installations on the same computer, so you can have a "stable version AND a "all-horns blazing" experimental beta-sim to muck around with new stuff. This is a "bigger picture" proposition for IPACS, but if they do solicit input from users, I would like to express an interest in them implementing it for Aerofly FS2!

Flying A330 as a day-job and enjoy VR-flying with PIMAX 5k+. NextLevelRacing v.3 Motion platform, Watercooled and overclocked i9-9900k, 32Gb 3600RAM, Samsung 970EVO Pro 2Tb m.2, nVidia RTX-2080Ti FE, Thrustmaster HOTAS, VKB pedals, Cockpitforyou motorised throttle quadrant, Precision Flight Controls Jetliner column

• Hi,

i can confirm that. For me, Aerofly FS 2 in VR is running, controls are working, NLM Motion Platform just gives movements that feel completely random.

We know this. Please give us time to sort this issue out.

On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Gifts for the Christmas tree have long been unpacked. My motion system is still like an ordinary chair since the R22 update.

Honestly, I appreciate the IPACS team for all the hard work involved in the Aerofly FS2 project.

The owners of mobile platforms are a minority, but the solution to the problem would be great in the new year.

I am asking for understanding, I bought NLR V3 and Logitech X56 H.O.T.A.S only for Aerofly FS2. In combination with VR goggles and a top computer set, it gives an unforgettable experience. When one part is missing the whole project does not make sense.

• I totally understand your frustration tzawad, being in the same boat. AFS2 was the “showcase” simulator whenever I wanted to induct friends and colleagues into the wondrous world of VR-flying. As excited as I was about the R22 release, that is becoming a bittersweet experience, as that update hobbled motion-telemetry for all aircraft in AFS2. Here’s to hoping that the good folks at IPACS will give this top priority, now that Xmas has come and gone!

• I totally understand your frustration tzawad, being in the same boat. AFS2 was the “showcase” simulator whenever I wanted to induct friends and colleagues into the wondrous world of VR-flying. As excited as I was about the R22 release, that is becoming a bittersweet experience, as that update hobbled motion-telemetry for all aircraft in AFS2. Here’s to hoping that the good folks at IPACS will give this top priority, now that Xmas has come and gone!

Top priority or not this fix may take quite some time. So I'm once again going to state that we know about this issue and will resolve it as quickly as possible. Most of the team is currently on winter holiday which will delay this even more but demanding this to us is not going to make us release a fix any faster.

For the time being Aerofly is still playable so my suggestion is to just disable the motion platform until we release a fix, that was you can still enjoy our product.

Regards,

Jeff