R22 Update, Problem with Next Level Motion Platform v3

• thanks Jeff - appreciate it!

Flying A330 as a day-job and enjoy VR-flying with PIMAX 5k+. NextLevelRacing v.3 Motion platform, Watercooled and overclocked i9-9900k, 32Gb 3600RAM, Samsung 970EVO Pro 2Tb m.2, nVidia RTX-2080Ti FE, Thrustmaster HOTAS, VKB pedals, Cockpitforyou motorised throttle quadrant, Precision Flight Controls Jetliner column

• Still ongoing looking into this guys.. I don't have any more news other than that at the moment.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Still ongoing looking into this guys.. I don't have any more news other than that at the moment.

Response appreciated all the same Jeff. My platform bought purely for FS2 sits idle. I haven't been nagging but its nice to be reassured its getting attention.

• Spit40

I am seriously considering a motion platform and was reading some of your comments on another website about the yaw slack of the H3 model. In your opinion, which version would you recommend? H2, H3 or something else all together.

Also, would I be able to use my existing gaming seat, or do I have to purchase a different seat for it?

Thanks

Redtail

KFRG, KTEB, KEWR, KLGA

~Straighten up and fly right~

DESKTOP: i7-7700k @5GHz (water cooled), Nvidia GTX 1080Ti FTW3, 32GB DDR4, 500GB SSD, Oculus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Home 64 bit,

TM HOTAS Warthog (large spring removed), Saitek PRO Flight Combat Rudder Pedals, YOKO yoke!

Laptop (gaming): Acer Predator Helios 500- Intel Core i7-8750H @4.1GHz, Nvidia GTX 1070, 32GB DDR4, 256GB SSD/1TB HDD.

Gametrix JetSeat FSE (Flight Sim Edition)-USB Vibrating pad. Nextlevel V3 Motion Platform / Sim cockpit.

• If I was starting again I think I'd be tempted with the 3dof from simukit - pitch/roll and heave. I think heave is more interesting in flight than yaw especially when the yaw is a bit slack when done via traction loss.

https://simukit.com/26-3-dof

Personally my grand plan is to build my own 6DOF. dofreality now has a 6dof at a very low price so that's another interesting option. You'd need to adapt gaming seat fittings probably but you'd still need the seat.

• If I was starting again I think I'd be tempted with the 3dof from simukit - pitch/roll and heave. I think heave is more interesting in flight than yaw especially when the yaw is a bit slack when done via traction loss.

https://simukit.com/26-3-dof

Personally my grand plan is to build my own 6DOF. dofreality now has a 6dof at a very low price so that's another interesting option. You'd need to adapt gaming seat fittings probably but you'd still need the seat.

Heave simulates a more accurate sensation of G I assume?

I will look into the Simukit as a possible option.

I see most of the videos focus on racing sims, however, I only use flight/combat sims.

Overall, does a motion platform (2DOF/3DOF) really add a lot to the VR experience to justify the cost?

Redtail

KFRG, KTEB, KEWR, KLGA

DESKTOP: i7-7700k @5GHz (water cooled), Nvidia GTX 1080Ti FTW3, 32GB DDR4, 500GB SSD, Oculus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Home 64 bit,

TM HOTAS Warthog (large spring removed), Saitek PRO Flight Combat Rudder Pedals, YOKO yoke!

Laptop (gaming): Acer Predator Helios 500- Intel Core i7-8750H @4.1GHz, Nvidia GTX 1070, 32GB DDR4, 256GB SSD/1TB HDD.

Gametrix JetSeat FSE (Flight Sim Edition)-USB Vibrating pad. Nextlevel V3 Motion Platform / Sim cockpit.

• The Next Level V3 is an awesome bit of kit though. So compact and just no faff, plug it in and you're good to go with great simple software.

I sim race more than fly, and in combination with VR (as with Aerofly of course) it's simply amazing!

Wow, so many choices! Guess I have my work cut out for me.

Basically looking for the best bang for my buck. Simple setup. Compact and not too big. Quiet as possible (don't want a bunch of noise as my mancave is in the attic directly above my son's room). Also has to be compatible with my three major sims, AFS2, DCS and X-Plane 11.

Thanks for any advice.

Update: Just watched a video of the NL V3 on Amazon and it does look pretty impressive! Compatible with every sim I use as well.:)

Redtail

KFRG, KTEB, KEWR, KLGA

Edited once, last by Redtail ().

• The Next Level V3 is an awesome bit of kit though. So compact and just no faff, plug it in and you're good to go with great simple software.

I sim race more than fly, and in combination with VR (as with Aerofly of course) it's simply amazing!

+1 on the Next level Motion sim v.3. It is spectacularly good, has fantastic developer support for software and most important it uses proprietary algorithms to cancel out motion induced by the sim for VR use. What this means is that if the motion of the headset is induced by the sim (seat moving in response to roll or pitch) you won't see it in your HMD - if the movement of the headset is induced by you actually moving the head around - it works as you'd expect. Completely seamlessly and with no fuss. This is VERY important, as you'd constantly be putting your head through the windshield or side-windows if this wasn't compensated for. All telemetry in AFS2 has been hobbled since the release of the R22 however so its a mute point. We do need to cut the developers some slack on this so I will do my best not to nag, but reality is that for those of us who have invested in motion it literally means that AFS2 sits idle, while the other sims gets all the action. Hope the admins will allow the motion sim discourse her in the meantime, as long as we all promise to play nice....;-)

Flying A330 as a day-job and enjoy VR-flying with PIMAX 5k+. NextLevelRacing v.3 Motion platform, Watercooled and overclocked i9-9900k, 32Gb 3600RAM, Samsung 970EVO Pro 2Tb m.2, nVidia RTX-2080Ti FE, Thrustmaster HOTAS, VKB pedals, Cockpitforyou motorised throttle quadrant, Precision Flight Controls Jetliner column

• +1 on the Next level Motion sim v.3. It is spectacularly good, has fantastic developer support for software and most important it uses proprietary algorithms to cancel out motion induced by the sim for VR use. What this means is that if the motion of the headset is induced by the sim (seat moving in response to roll or pitch) you won't see it in your HMD - if the movement of the headset is induced by you actually moving the head around - it works as you'd expect. Completely seamlessly and with no fuss. This is VERY important, as you'd constantly be putting your head through the windshield or side-windows if this wasn't compensated for. All telemetry in AFS2 has been hobbled since the release of the R22 however so its a mute point. We do need to cut the developers some slack on this so I will do my best not to nag, but reality is that for those of us who have invested in motion it literally means that AFS2 sits idle, while the other sims gets all the action. Hope the admins will allow the motion sim discourse her in the meantime, as long as we all promise to play nice....;-)

Thanks guys.

Based on videos I've seen and your testimonials, I'm pretty much sold on the NLV3.

Redtail

KFRG, KTEB, KEWR, KLGA

• Just noticed you have a JetSeat Mr Redtail! Works very nice with the NLv3.0! I have it as well and it really makes the immersion complete!

• Just noticed you have a JetSeat Mr Redtail! Works very nice with the NLv3.0! I have it as well and it really makes the immersion complete!

That's good to know. The JetSeat is incredible, I really love it (although the effects in AFS2 seems very weak at the moment).

Soon I will be adding a Buttkicker 2 to my setup as well.

Mr. Redtail? I'm not that old, I'm only 53 and I'm not a real Tuskegee Airman, I'm just an impostor :D

Redtail

KFRG, KTEB, KEWR, KLGA

• "uses proprietary algorithms to cancel out motion induced by the sim for VR use"

Good point. All other (affordable) platforms use SimTools as the interface between game and platform and SimTools lacks reliable compensation.

• Response appreciated all the same Jeff. My platform bought purely for FS2 sits idle. I haven't been nagging but its nice to be reassured its getting attention.

If interested, Kyle from NLR had sent me the below as a temporary fix, personally FS2 is not my main reason for the motion platform so I am just going to wait...

"Our engineer has decided to create a temporary fix for FS2 while we wait on the developers to update their game. The fix itself is only temporary and isn't amazing/as good as what it should feel like but it fixes some of the issues that are making it unplayable. You cant test out the platform manager beta which has this temporary workaround using the link below:"

https://npff-my.sharepoint.com…5wGsQpMd42eQy9oA?e=rfaZAk

• We are already disappointed ...

Had the NLR V3 extra for AFS2 purchased. Meanwhile, we have bought alternative flight simulations, with stronger map (RTX 2080 ti)

We will probably not switch back to AFS2, a pity about the investments, including the many addons.

Greeting André

• That's good to know. The JetSeat is incredible, I really love it (although the effects in AFS2 seems very weak at the moment).

Soon I will be adding a Buttkicker 2 to my setup as well.

Mr. Redtail? I'm not that old, I'm only 53 and I'm not a real Tuskegee Airman, I'm just an impostor :D

Sounds like you and I have very similar ideas - that’s exactly my “combo”:NL motion sim v3.0, Buttkicker 2 and the JetSeat. It works brilliantly together. I’ve “modded” my motion sim to get the anti-torque pedals and cyclic (as well as collective) attached to the motion platform - so that you are no longer “anchored” to Terra Firma with your heels. Not necessary- but just one more step in the right direction - total immersion👍 I’d be very happy to share my experience if you go in the direction of the NL motion platform.

"uses proprietary algorithms to cancel out motion induced by the sim for VR use"

Good point. All other (affordable) platforms use SimTools as the interface between game and platform and SimTools lacks reliable compensation.

Here’s a link to a description of the software I’m talking about https://motionsystems.eu/vr-headway/

It is complimentary with all of their compatible platforms and has streamlined (easily tweak able) profiles to all common driving games and flight sims. To clarify - the hardware for the Next Level v.3.0 is manufactured by Motion Systems in Poland and marketed by NextLevel in the US and Pagnian Imports in Australia. The software support is amazing and they publish frequent updates and improvements.

• Sounds like you and I have very similar ideas - that’s exactly my “combo”:NL motion sim v3.0, Buttkicker 2 and the JetSeat. It works brilliantly together. I’ve “modded” my motion sim to get the anti-torque pedals and cyclic (as well as collective) attached to the motion platform - so that you are no longer “anchored” to Terra Firma with your heels. Not necessary- but just one more step in the right direction - total immersion👍 I’d be very happy to share my experience if you go in the direction of the NL motion platform.

Here’s a link to a description of the software I’m talking about https://motionsystems.eu/vr-headway/

It is complimentary with all of their compatible platforms and has streamlined (easily tweak able) profiles to all common driving games and flight sims. To clarify - the hardware for the Next Level v.3.0 is manufactured by Motion Systems in Poland and marketed by NextLevel in the US and Pagnian Imports in Australia. The software support is amazing and they publish frequent updates and improvements.

Yes I have the original Buttkicker Gamer but haven't used it in years, after the amp died. So this is my second go at getting one, I'll probably set it up this weekend.

As for the motion platform, I ordered the NL v3.0 along with their Flight Simulator cockpit and I'm looking forward to setting it all up. The proprietary software and the fact that it is much quieter (and compact) than a lot of the competition, were strong selling points for me.

My primary flightsims at the moment are AFS2 and DCS World, so it will get plenty of use while they sort out the issues here. I'll probably do a little Dirt Rally and a few racing games as well, since I have a few but rarely mess with them.

Yes, if you could pm me any tips that would enhance my enjoyment of the unit, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks

Redtail

KFRG, KTEB, KEWR, KLGA

• drhotwing1

Changed the title of the thread from “R22 Update, Problem mit Next Level Motion Platform v3” to “R22 Update, Problem with Next Level Motion Platform v3”.
  • Took me a few days, but I finally completed the setup of my NL v3.0 and NL flight simulator cockpit! Mounted my Thrustmaster Warthog hotas and Saitek pedals and just finished tidying up all of the USB and power cables. Now I just have to hookup the Buttkicker and tweak settings.

It's a pleasure to finally have a real sim cockpit after years of flying a desktop and rigging my controls to it and my office chair. This thing is amazing!

Also, After years of flying (on and off) with modded CH and Saitek yokes, I can no longer tolerate the unrealistic feeling and response they give, especially during landing. So after doing my research, I bit the bullet on the Yoko.

Now I'm just awaiting it's arrival from Spain. :)

Redtail

KFRG, KTEB, KEWR, KLGA