CAN THE ROBINSON R-22 BE FLYED?

• This was one of the demands that IPACS made with more insistence. It is assumed that they will have worked very hard and in long hours to satisfy us before the end of the year.

November 29 was the chosen day to launch it. And ... we all launched in search of the download. It even happened to me, that I did not find it anywhere to download it; in the end Jann that began to play, that Steam was willing to please me. What I did not know, is that this was the first fully automatic download, along with an update.

I played and ... there he was, among the other aircraft, ready to ascend to the heights.

I made the necessary assignments for your flight control, and ... to fly! .

I was surprised, apparently, that I had little capacity for promotion. Also in surprised, that the effect of the tail rotor was not appreciated; It flew practically in a straight line without any control of tail displacement. Naturally, I assumed that by default it was the 'easy version'.

In third place I also observed, that I had no control over the effect of the tail rotor; the truth is that I did not need it either, and that still surprised me more, since this displacement of the rotor effect seems to be the biggest difficulty in helicopter piloting.

So, I asked these questions to the forum:

"A DOUBT:

I have assigned two keys to control the tail rotor (they are the same as those that control the aircraft, the steering rudder), and I observe that they do not act at all, on this tail rotation. I also observe with amazement, that it is not necessary, since the R-22, stays aligned, and does not need control of that rotor. Is this the behavior of this R-22 in the 'novice' version, or should I do some Adjustment or configuration ?. "

As nobody answered, I assumed that nobody yet knew how to solve this difficulty (and without doubt, others raised by other users).

I continued experimenting with the new aircraft and waiting for the mountain of questions that, without a doubt, would arrive from the users. And so began to get questions and more questions, that virtually no satisfactory answer, especially related to the control of the tail rotor.

Today I saw that Phil (Spit40), commented that in 'Porfi mode', it was impossible to pilot this R-22.

Then I was moved by curiosity and I put it in 'professional'. Just stop touching the ground, began to spin by the rotor effect ... and there is no way to control it. Again I went back to configuration, and I could see that the control of 'TailRotor', was correctly assigned to two keys, which, continued to act absolutely nothing, and the R-22, turned like a top. Obviously, my assignment does not work in relation to this control. Why?.

Before the launch, it is evident that the team that programmed it, will have done almost infinite tests of operation in all imaginable situations. Then I ask myself:

Why then, it is possible that we have so many difficulties, and precisely in the most elementary of this machine: 'the control of the tail rotor, which also is the great difficulty of helicopter flight' ?.

It is also assumed that the programmers had their programming machines, in the same conditions as we users. So, how is this contradiction explained?

It is also very evident that the programming team will be fighting the human and the divine to solve all these difficulties. Hopefully the solutions do not delay.

Regards: Delfín

• I don’t know what’s causing your issues. The profi version flys perfectly for me with full size helicopter controls. Are you trying to control the helicopter anti torque axis with a keyboard? That makes no sense! Why are you trying to control an analogue axis with a digital input? I can understand not many people will have proper helicopter controls but surely you can find something better than a keyboard to fly a helicopter, even a game pad would make more sense.