• I'm using Logitech G29 as rudder pedals (throttle/brake axis until I find a proper way to combine axis).

In the R22 I'm able to turn right with the tail rotor using my throttle pedal, but when I try to turn left using my brake pedal I'm only able to turn the R22 a very short bit left and the helicopter turns back when I release the pedal again.

This means that I'm only able to turn right at the moment.

In all other aircraft the ruder works perfect if it wasn't for the stiff brake pedal on the G29 🙂

Anyone else experiencing this?

Windows 10 64bit | I7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X motherboard | Corsair Vengiance RGB Pro 16GB 3000Mz | Gigabyte RTX 2080 Gaming OC | SSD 512 GB + HDD 4 TB | Oculus Rift CV1 | X-Plane | DCS: F-15, F-5E, SU-27, SU-33, Mig29, A10 & Nevada | T Flight Hotas X | G29 Logitech

• Pokredde December 1, 2018 at 6:29 PM

Changed the title of the thread from “G29 ruder pedals” to “G29 rudder pedals”.
  • You can use two small free programs to enable you to use clutch and throttle pedals as proper rudder pedals.

vJoy and UCR

Can't type out explanation now but I will if u need me too at some point.

Yes, thank you.

Have already tried that without succes 🤪

But I tuning left issue is also giving me problems using the Oculus controllers (without touching the pedals) 🤔

Windows 10 64bit | I7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X motherboard | Corsair Vengiance RGB Pro 16GB 3000Mz | Gigabyte RTX 2080 Gaming OC | SSD 512 GB + HDD 4 TB | Oculus Rift CV1 | X-Plane | DCS: F-15, F-5E, SU-27, SU-33, Mig29, A10 & Nevada | T Flight Hotas X | G29 Logitech

• It sounds like you might have multiple controls mapped to your yaw for the helicopter. Unfortunately it's not obvious when this happens in AeroFly but it can happen. To fix it, click the axis assignment with your mouse (the same way you would if you were assigning a control axis to it) and then press the delete key on your keyboard. Do this several times, because if you have multiple inputs assigned to it, it will only delete one of them each time you do this. Then click on that axis one more time, and move the control you want to use to re-bind it.

• It sounds like you might have multiple controls mapped to your yaw for the helicopter. Unfortunately it's not obvious when this happens in AeroFly but it can happen. To fix it, click the axis assignment with your mouse (the same way you would if you were assigning a control axis to it) and then press the delete key on your keyboard. Do this several times, because if you have multiple inputs assigned to it, it will only delete one of them each time you do this. Then click on that axis one more time, and move the control you want to use to re-bind it.

I tried deleting all assignments - problem still persist. Even with all controllers disabled and only using the VR controllers I still can't turn left.

Argh this ruins my R22 and I have been looking forward to it - checking this forum multiple times a day in many months ;(

I just tried deleting main.mcf and gc-map.mcf. It didn't help :(

Help, mayday...?

Edited 4 times, last by Pokredde (December 2, 2018 at 11:46 AM).

• Can you confirm that if you assign only your joystick left/right axis to the helicipter pedals that it turns the helicipter nose left and right?

Yes, using only my T Flight Hotas X assigned I'm able to turn left.

But not with pedals and the Oculus controllers?

• Thanks! Do your pedals work on your own? (without using vr)?

Yes, it does.

Now it's narrowed down to VR?

EDIT:

I just tried same assingments in VR - only using my joystick and pedals (no Oculus controllers) and i couldn't turn left in VR.

• And does your VR hand controller work well outside of Aerofly? i.e. do all thumb sticks (or touchpads) work correctly in the menus or in other games?

It seems to me that the controllers interfere with your pedals.

Yes, flawlesly.

The pedals and Oculus controllers also works perfect with all other aicrafts in ASF2

It seems to be only with the R22 the problem occurs.

I have tried to disable both joystick and pedals in the setup menu i ASF2 and still can't turn left with my Oculus controllers in VR.

EDIT:

Now I just tried to physical unplug all connected controllers and the left rudder in R22 is still not working with VR controllers.

Edited 5 times, last by Pokredde (December 2, 2018 at 4:06 PM).

• Sorry if this is glaringly obvious, but I had an issue at first until I went in to Helicopter controls and saw that the various flight axis had bindings. This was after I started using pedals too. Once I deleted the bindings it all then worked again.

• Sorry if this is glaringly obvious, but I had an issue at first until I went in to Helicopter controls and saw that the various flight axis had bindings. This was after I started using pedals too. Once I deleted the bindings it all then worked again.

Thank you Raging Beard. All suggestions are welcome. Unfortunately I have already deleted All my bindings (hitting delete several times until completely gone).

It didn't help.

I desperately need to solve this so I can fly the amazing R22 I have been looking so much forward to 😥

Did you see my answer Jet-Pack?

The issue is only in VR and only with the R22 - it's killing me ||

Is there any way to reset controller settings or repair AFS2 without going through downloading all scenery etc. again? (I have a very slow connection)

I tried deleting main.mcf and gc-map.mcf. It didn't help

In VR with R22 with easy flight mode my rudder pedals looks like this when I don't touch them:

In VR with R22 with Profi flight mode my rudder pedals looks like this when I don't touch them:

(and also in non-VR).

Here I have no problems turning left.

The issue is narrowed down to R22 in easy mode in VR. Everything else works fine.

Hope this make sense to you?

• Yeah but that looks like you do have a left pedal input and are just stalling the engine and thus making it impossible to counter any torque with the tail rotor.

How much collective do you pull?

Your right that the in game pedals gradually move when I touch the collective, but even hovering a few inches above ground makes it almost impossible to turn left.

I'm also not able to turn left using the thumb stick on the Oculus controller even with no other controllers attached or assigned.

The issue is only with the R22 in easy mode in VR. Everything else works fine.

(in profi mode I'm able to turn left in VR, but my flying skills is not there yet)