R22 with Oculus Touch. Wow!

• The problem here is that it's very difficult to find a solution to something you can't recreate.

Can you please provide as many details as possible regarding your PC configuration and exactly what you do to set up prior to seeing this problem, including even things like wind setting.

Also, please post your TM log on here as well.

Yes, I understand.

I select the R22 and place it at grund level (helipad, runway etc.) and touch none of the instruments prior to takeoff. The selected view is of course from right seat inside R22. There is no difference using in game VR hands to control the collective vs the Oculus thumbstick. Moving the collective lever fast or slow also makes no difference.

My computer is freshly installed within the last month.

Computerspecs.:

Win10Pro 64bit

I7 9700K non oc

Gigabyte RTX2080 Gaming OC

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X motherboard

Corsair Vengiance RGB Pro 16GB 3000M

SSD 512 GB + HDD 4 TB

Oculus Rift CV1

T Flight Hotas X

Logitech G29 (only for pedals)

AFS2:

Let me know if you need more info?

Windows 10 64bit | I7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X motherboard | Corsair Vengiance RGB Pro 16GB 3000Mz | Gigabyte RTX 2080 Gaming OC | SSD 512 GB + HDD 4 TB | Oculus Rift CV1 | X-Plane | DCS: F-15, F-5E, SU-27, SU-33, Mig29, A10 & Nevada | T Flight Hotas X | G29 Logitech

Edited 6 times, last by Pokredde (December 3, 2018 at 10:39 PM).

• Your configuration is set up well from what I see here.

In your TM log I noticed the following line; 26.19-tmcollision: ERROR: (tm2file::LoadFile failed. error loading file 'aircraft/r22/copilot.tmc')

Have you messed with any files within the R22 folder?

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Your configuration is set up well from what I see here.

In your TM log I noticed the following line; 26.19-tmcollision: ERROR: (tm2file::LoadFile failed. error loading file 'aircraft/r22/copilot.tmc')

Have you messed with any files within the R22 folder?

Yes, noticed some error lines too with R22.

I dont see any copilot though?

This also? :

'scenery/places/DK/22 r_decal.tmb' not found

No, I have not touched any R22 files.

(I have only touched some lines in the dr400 folder back in august - I wanted to remove the visible pilot in Trespassers Dr400 mod)

Windows 10 64bit | I7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X motherboard | Corsair Vengiance RGB Pro 16GB 3000Mz | Gigabyte RTX 2080 Gaming OC | SSD 512 GB + HDD 4 TB | Oculus Rift CV1 | X-Plane | DCS: F-15, F-5E, SU-27, SU-33, Mig29, A10 & Nevada | T Flight Hotas X | G29 Logitech

Edited 4 times, last by Pokredde (December 3, 2018 at 10:55 PM).

• OK. I really see no issues here. This is a bit odd.

Let me discuss this internally to see what else can be done.

I just tested your config again here and everything works properly on my end.

This must be something odd on your end.

On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• OK. I really see no issues here. This is a bit odd.

Let me discuss this internally to see what else can be done.

I just tested your config again here and everything works properly on my end.

This must be something odd on your end.

Okay thank you :)

It's just odd that there is no rudder problem with:

1) R22 Profi mode in VR

2) R22 Profi mode in non-VR

3) R22 Easy mode in non-VR

4) All the aircrafts in VR

5) All the aircrafts in non-VR

Only R22 in easy mode in VR is the problem with left rudder.

Integrity check in Steam didn't do the trick.

I guess last option is to completely uninstall and reinstall ASF2 ?(

Capt Haddock seems to have same issue?

I actually saw this when I first tried the R22 in easy mode (re: left pedal pressed). I assumed it was part of the help mode, to stop the helicopter spinning to the right... And it's true than in easy mode rudder is not very effective when turning left.

Personally I'd suggest turning "pro" mode on. Everything works as expected and it will be far more rewarding in the long run. Give it a try! :)

Edited 2 times, last by Pokredde (December 3, 2018 at 11:27 PM).

• I have tested the R22 in easy mode using the Oculus Touch controllers left stick l/r and it's good alone, and also using rudder pedals connected I tested a combination of pedals and controller stick and it's also good with no problems.

Keep in mind, easy mode is meant to assist you if you over control as well, maybe you are just seeing more of a defined problem with the assistance enabled. In easy mode there's really no need to even use the rudder controls as the heli will fly well without input. I basically only use rudder to turn for landing alignment.

So in essence, there really may not be anything wrong here.

Regards,

Jeff

• I have tested the R22 in easy mode using the Oculus Touch controllers left stick l/r and it's good alone, and also using rudder pedals connected I tested a combination of pedals and controller stick and it's also good with no problems.

Keep in mind, easy mode is meant to assist you if you over control as well, maybe you are just seeing more of a defined problem with the assistance enabled. In easy mode there's really no need to even use the rudder controls as the heli will fly well without input. I basically only use rudder to turn for landing alignment.

So in essence, there really may not be anything wrong here.

I get your point, but then I guess the rudder should behave the same way in VR and non-VR. (both easy)

And that's not the case for me.

Just to be clear, when you turn left in easy mode it takes maybe a hole minute or more to turn 360 degrees and maybe only less than 10 seconds to turn right 360 degrees?

(just estimates - have not measured it)

• The turn rate is affected by the physics simulation though. If you press left pedal the tail rotor has to create even more thrust and the engine loses some power for that and you'll need to put in more collective which makes it even harder to turn left. Where as when you turn right you reduce the pitch of the tail rotor blades, the engine has more power, you even start climbing but you spin right much quicker. Imagine you had no tail, then you'd spin right like crazy.

There shouldn't be a difference with turning left in vr vs. non vr though.

• The turn rate is affected by the physics simulation though. If you press left pedal the tail rotor has to create even more thrust and the engine loses some power for that and you'll need to put in more collective which makes it even harder to turn left. Where as when you turn right you reduce the pitch of the tail rotor blades, the engine has more power, you even start climbing but you spin right much quicker. Imagine you had no tail, then you'd spin right like crazy.

There shouldn't be a difference with turning left in vr vs. non vr though.

Yes, the difference between VR an non VR is odd.

The physical aspect just proves how accurate this simulator is. Amazing 👍

Maybe Capt Haddock is able to send his TM file for comparison. Hopefully there is a pattern to why we both experience wierd rudder in easy mode?

(C:\Users\...\MyDocuments\Aerofly FS 2)

EDIT:

I have just made some time measurements:

In VR and stable hovering (not descending or climbing).

A left 360 rotation took 1:56 minute and a right rotation only 8 sec.

Huge difference =O

Edited 7 times, last by Pokredde (December 4, 2018 at 10:08 PM).

• Another point regarding R22 controls in VR with Oculus, profi flight mode:

I first started in VR with Joystick an rudder pedals, worked fine but cyclic very sensitive.

Now i tried using the rift controllers, cyclic now very nice to handle, great experience,

BUT: grabbing downwards to the collective works not always precise enough, so i tried

using the joystick on the left rift controller for that, but with every movement for the

collective, the pedals/tail rotor ist always affected, because i am not able to only

control the collective with the rift joystick. And because i'm using separate pedals

i would like to disable this additional influence on my pedals. Especially while

take off or landing while changing the collective, this additional unwanted movement

of the pedals is disturbing very much.

My wish is: IF tail rotor control (and/or cyclic etc.) in the heli setup is assigned to any

other controller, DISABLE it automatically on the corresponding rift controllers,

to avoid unwanted additional input while using the VR controllers.

And as i said in an older post, especially for the r22 it would be VERY nice to use

the Rift buttons for trim or view change.

Regards

Roger

Win10-x64 | ASUS X370Pro | Ryzen 5 1600X | G.Skill 16 GB DDR4-3200 | 2TB SSD Samsung 860 | ASUS RTX 2080 8GB GDDR6 |
    ASUS ROG Swift Curved PG348Q 100Hz | TM T.16000M | CH Pro Pedals | CH Flight Sim Yoke | Oculus Rift

• @

Jet-Pack and drhotwing1

Is last resort now to completely remove ASF2 and installing all over again?

I ask because due to my slow internet connection it wil take approximately 20-25 hours downloading all scenery and addons again ||

Will it perhaps matter?

EDIT:

I have just made some time measurements:

In VR and stable hovering (not descending or climbing).

A left 360 rotation took 1:56 minute and a right rotation only 8 sec.

• Do you think perhaps there is something wrong with your Oculus Touch controller joystick? I just can't recreate this no matter what I try. Also, to answer your question directly, no there is no need to uninstall Aerofly. You need to give us more time with this one. Something may have gotten corrupted when you updated.

Regards,

Jeff

• Do you think perhaps there is something wrong with your Oculus Touch controller joystick? I just can't recreate this no matter what I try. Also, to answer your question directly, no there is no need to uninstall Aerofly. You need to give us more time with this one. Something may have gotten corrupted when you updated.

It's just wierd that it's 100% isolated to the R22 only in VR and easy mode.

Everything else (also all other gametitles) works perfect.

I will be patient and hope for some fix in the future. It's hard though with this new masterpiece =O

Is it possible to run the update again to fix this possible corruption (not integrity check in Steam)?

Edited once, last by Pokredde (December 5, 2018 at 2:53 PM).

• It's just wierd that it's 100% isolated to the R22 only in VR and easy mode.

Everything else (also all other gametitles) works perfect.

I will be patient and hope for some fix in the future. It's hard though with this new masterpiece =O

Is it possible to run the update again to fix this possible corruption (not integrity check in Steam)?

I just turned on easy mode and tried controlling the anti torque pedals with the stick on the touch controller to replicate your issue. I’m afraid I couldn’t. In pedal turns the speed was the same in both directions. I know it’s not much consolation but wanted to report my findings.

• I just turned on easy mode and tried controlling the anti torque pedals with the stick on the touch controller to replicate your issue. I’m afraid I couldn’t. In pedal turns the speed was the same in both directions. I know it’s not much consolation but wanted to report my findings.

Thank you for trying.

I'm envious :)

I finally bit the bullet and uninstalled ASF2 and reinstalled it (Steam version).

It took about 20 hours ||

Unfortunately it didn't help ;(

When hovering a left rudder 360 rotation still takes 1:56 minute and a right rotation only 8 sec in R22/Oculus using VR-controller thumbstick.

It's just not as immersive to fly the R22 with Hotas as with VR hands.

I really really cross my fingers for your guys to find the cure :saint: