ScenProc Error Messages

• I have almost completed all cultivation for Ireland using ScenProc. However I noticed on some of the OSM data downloads running ScenProc comes up with error messages "too many tags in relation". At first I thought that I was selecting too big an area to download data but it appears not the case.

Anyone out there had similar experiences and what does it mean?

Kindest regards to all, Michael.

Windows Home Premium 64-bit SP1, Intel Pentium G2130 @ 3.20GHz, 16.0 GB RAM DDR3, ASUS H61M-K, Graphics PHL 273V5 1920x1080 @ 60Hz, NVIDIA GeForce GTX960, Thrustmaster Joystick and Home Made Rudder Pedals.

• Hi Ray thanks for your reply. I'm not too sure that the error message does make a difference or not? It sees that areas of no error message I get very good building coverage and on the error message the building coverage is very little?

Kindest regards, Michael.

Windows Home Premium 64-bit SP1, Intel Pentium G2130 @ 3.20GHz, 16.0 GB RAM DDR3, ASUS H61M-K, Graphics PHL 273V5 1920x1080 @ 60Hz, NVIDIA GeForce GTX960, Thrustmaster Joystick and Home Made Rudder Pedals.

• Hi Ray thanks for your reply. I'm not too sure that the error message does make a difference or not? It sees that areas of no error message I get very good building coverage and on the error message the building coverage is very little?

Arno is a member here and seems to be approachable and will explain and even fix errors. He is the developer of ScenProc. I recommend you go to the source with your question.

Regards,

Ray

A steely-eyed Sierra Hotel record setting F-15E Strike Eagle simulator pilot. 8o
    Out now: Hawaiian Islands 8) Part 1: Kauai + Niihau v2

Work in Progress: Part 2: Molokai, Maui, Lanai, Kohoolawe + Molokini Crater

• try to split your source data into smaller areas before processing with scenproc. If I am back this evening I can post what tool I am using.

Wish for Aerofly FS 2:

- Flightpath recording on hard drive and replay in sim from different view points

- Smoke for aerobatic planes

- Multiplayer or at least watching other people flying sitting on ground or inside tower

• Thanks flightxtreme for your help.

I tried making smaller areas this has no effect on the error message. Kindest regards Michael.

• I mean not spliting inside your scensprpc script. The tool is called osmconvertersomething... This evening more...

Wish for Aerofly FS 2:

- Flightpath recording on hard drive and replay in sim from different view points

- Multiplayer or at least watching other people flying sitting on ground or inside tower

• I have seen the "too many tags in relation" appear for features like national boundaries or shorelines for large bodies of water.

So I don't think there is any impact on the cultivation.

/Stu

i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz | ASUS Z170-A | 16Gb DDR4 | Samsung SSD 950 PRO NVME M.2 256GB | Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB | GeForce GTX 1080 Ti on GP102-A GPU | Oculus CV1 | Windows 10

• Look for osmconvert64-0.8.8p to split your osm files. (Or whatever format you use.)

But it can be true, that this is not the solution.

Wish for Aerofly FS 2:

• Ah thank you lenidcamper for your reply.

The message is "Skipping feature: too many tags in relation 62273".

As long as its not effecting the data to convert to cultivation I'm happy with it.

PS. I found a web page with reference to this error message using OSM Data and it appears to be a county boundary issue?

Edited 2 times, last by IZ0JUB ().

• I get that too when using OSM data - sometimes 3x in one run. It doesn't seem to affect my cultivation either - for example I got 13 million trees in one of my level 9 areas even after that message came up.

It never happens when I process Ordnance Survey data (SHP files) in the UK however - and those are very big areas (100 x 100 km).

• Thanks Ian C for your reply. I use this site for my OSM Data downloads which I find very good. Here is the link https://extract.bbbike.org

This is a recent site I found for checking the OSM Data which is most interesting at times https://tools.geofabrik.de/osmi/

As long as it doesn't upset the cultivation process I'm OK with it.

• Hi Michael

Many thanks for the links - I'll check them out!

Best wishes, Ian