• So has anyone flown Switzerland DLC lately? For me it's be a few months and I need to get something clarified as I am noticing some seriously nice quality I never noticed before.

Is it me or is this DLC just a whole new level since it was first released? Seriously, I have been enjoying the many new Helipads IPACS has delivered along with their awesome new R22 in the region and I can't for the life of me remember so many of the airports being upgraded as I am finding. Has this DLC been given some upgrade treatment over the past year?

I mean look at the detail of Altenrhein in the attached screenshot. Reflective surfaces, benches, flowerboxes, photoreal and accurate to real-life buildings....this is not limited to this airport alone. It seems half of the airfields in the DLC are more sophisticated then I remember them months ago. So devs, am I imagining this or has much of this been improved without the fanfare I would think it should have received.

I want the best for Aerofly and commend IPACS on the work they are doing. For $19.99USD Switzerland DLC is one heck of a value! and flying in Switzerland DLC recently with the R22 is a true joy.

• It is my favourite scenery but it is old and could do with an update, surely the cross-border textures could be improved especially the southern side of Lake Geneva. It screams out for bridges, look at the bent 'tapes' crossing the steeply banked Aare river winding through the city of Bern which is also far too 2D ugly, Bern completely vanishes if trees are displayed.

I find Switzerland delightful, much more pleasing than the desert of the western U.S.

• Switzerland is where the FS2 dream started. I wish it could be given a complete upgrade. It really needs complete coverage of autogen buildings. With the current cultivation means and OSM data it shouldn't be of much difficulty.

• Switzerland is where the FS2 dream started. I wish it could be given a complete upgrade. It really needs complete coverage of autogen buildings. With the current cultivation means and OSM data it shouldn't be of much difficulty.

So true!

Sylvain from Orbx promised this a long time ago:

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/15…y-fs2-freeware/

drassaud has done a great job starting some of this himself:

https://flight-sim.org/filebase/index…itzerland-west/

We desperately need more autogen for the free and paid DLC from IPACS. One of the most common complaints by new players is flat and empty terrain, and autogen makes a big difference. Massive difference when it includes night lighting.

• I drafted an OSM cultivation coverage for Switzerland a long time ago.

Since Sylvain was planning to release one, I stopped development and started working on other projects.

Hope Sylvain can update us on his project. If it's stalled I can resume mine.

Regarding lake Geneva, I've been working on my own to improve the place and created a French ground photo scenery covering the complete western Swiss border, from Basel to Mont Blanc and repainting the French waters of lake Geneva.

For technical reasons, some low res tiles of the Swiss DLC need to be deactivated for my scenery to show up, due to lack of clear priority management.

Cheers

Antoine

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 3.20GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.

• Maybe we could share the work ;)

• Wish for Aerofly FS 2/4:

- Flightpath recording on hard drive and replay in sim from different view points

- Smoke for aerobatic planes

- Multiplayer or at least watching other people flying sitting on ground or inside tower

• Back to the topic of this thread: a well coordinated effort for improving the Switzerland DLC would be great. Some published cultivation (USA) is of a poor quality, e.g. people are not aware of the exclude feature (result is a mixture of cultivation and Aerofly scenery) or they are not really familiar with the scenproc script. For a good result only people with a very good understanding of scenproc should do building cultivation of Switzerland. And enhancements would be needed. For Switzerland it would be good to have e.g. farmhouses. This exists in the OSM data and can surely be filtered by Scenproc, but they do not exist in the cultivation library. I also think that the vegetation needs to be done for the whole switzerland, which is a lot of work. Maybe this includes new texturing also.

Regards,

Thomas

i7-14700KF @ 5.6 GHz, Geforce RTX 4090, 32MB RAM, 1TB SSD M.2, 1TB SSD M.2, 2TB SSD M.2, 32" Monitor 4K, Pimax Crystal

• Back to the topic of this thread: a well coordinated effort for improving the Switzerland DLC would be great. Some published cultivation (USA) is of a poor quality, e.g. people are not aware of the exclude feature (result is a mixture of cultivation and Aerofly scenery) or they are not really familiar with the scenproc script. For a good result only people with a very good understanding of scenproc should do building cultivation of Switzerland. And enhancements would be needed. For Switzerland it would be good to have e.g. farmhouses. This exists in the OSM data and can surely be filtered by Scenproc, but they do not exist in the cultivation library. I also think that the vegetation needs to be done for the whole switzerland, which is a lot of work. Maybe this includes new texturing also.

You're right, and coordinated effort for improving the Switzerland DLC is a very good idea, but to want to do too well, we often don’t do anything. Personally, I have very little expertise, but the autogen I created, at least has the merit of being there and being shared. All contributions are good to take, free for everyone to use or not.

• Seriously looking forward to this.

• I have copied a radio tower (fernsehturm) from the switzerland dlc to four other places within the switzerland dlc. The link below contains the explanation how this can be done. I could share the tsc files with you of the four places I copied. You then only need to copy the folder 'fernsehturm' from the switzerland dlc, rename it and replace the tsc in it.

Copy an object

Regards,

Thomas

i7-14700KF @ 5.6 GHz, Geforce RTX 4090, 32MB RAM, 1TB SSD M.2, 1TB SSD M.2, 2TB SSD M.2, 32" Monitor 4K, Pimax Crystal