• I have copied a radio tower (fernsehturm) from the switzerland dlc to four other places within the switzerland dlc. The link below contains the explanation how this can be done. I could share the tsc files with you of the four places I copied. You then only need to copy the folder 'fernsehturm' from the switzerland dlc, rename it and replace the tsc in it.

Copy an object

Yes it's a good idea, we can add it to autogen. I’ll probably add Heliports as well, and trees cultivation in some places like Zermatt for exemple.

• I decided to check out Switzerland once more, after mainly flying over TrueEarth Netherlands since its release, and it answered a question I had for me... I love TrueEarth Netherlands but somehow I had the idea I never could get the weather settings right. No matter what I did things looked a bit bland and hazy. I sort of got used to it but it seemed the sun never shone over the Netherlands as I was used to in AFS2. It seemed as if the windows weren't totally transparent.

Yesterday I did a flight in Switzerland and immediately the sun really shone! After two flights I went back to the Netherlands and made a few screenshots, comparing things with Switzerland and I have to say the Swiss scenery from IPACS looks a LOT better than the TrueEarth scenery...! The latter looks a bit brown, dull and bland. The shadows (which are baked into the scenery) are also really grey while Switzerland has real blacks.

Here are two random shots: when you compare them the first one (TrueEarth) the green fields look bland, dull and hazy, lacking contrast: the Swiss screenshot however, using the exact same weather and time settings, has really sunny green fields. It looks a lot more pleasing to me.

I think it's time to check out some of those freeware cultivation addons for Switzerland and spend some serious time there! I am really happy to see the sun shining again in AFS2!

Job well done IPACS. I really hope future TrueEarth releases will have the sun shining as your DLC.

I just installed drassaud's Swiss cultivation and the fscloudport airports for that region and, well... Wow indeed! Just look at the difference! The cultivation really transforms (West) Switzerland in the place to be! Not only does the sun shine here, it also looks great now! As it is now Switzerland beats the Netherlands hands down! Loving it! It looks soooooooooo much more real with cultivation! (I am allergic for photoreal without buildings...) Thanks for the great addon, drassaud !!! :)

Edited once, last by J van E (December 15, 2018 at 11:49 AM).

• Anyone tried the new Swiss South cultivation from drassaud already? I did! And I love it (even though it's beta)! Did I miss a topic about this one...? Anyway, go get it: https://flight-sim.org/filebase/index…and-south-beta/

Switzerland has become my number 1 country to fly in thanks to drassaud's cultivation: it makes a WORLD of difference imho! :)

I actually linked all of those at avsim in the Aerofly forum.....

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

• I actually linked all of those at avsim in the Aerofly forum.....

Yes, thanks for that, that's how I found out about them! ;) But I am surprised there wasn't anything posted about it here yet.

• Indeed, thanks to the considerable work of drassaut, Switzerland becomes more real :thumbup:Thanks again!;)

However, I have one essential point: I regret to note that the IPAC scenes of the main airports have never been 100% achieved at the level of 3D modeling. Only on the side of German-speaking Switzerland, have done a considerable job, Example: Bern-Belp, Altenrhein, Grenchen, ... Perfect! In French-speaking Switzerland, only Lausanne-Blecherette was modeled. Sion, Eplatures, Ticino, Lugano or other Basel-Mulhouse in international transit are non-existent ??? :(

Best wishes 😉

Pascal

AFS2 / FS4 / MSFS / - Intel(R) Core i7 -12800HX 4.80 GHz - DDR5 4800MHz 32 Go - NVIDIA GeForce RTX™ 3070 Ti 8 GB GDDR6X - 2x 2 TB SSD M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4

• Small flight with this fabulous R22, in front of the Schilthorn, 2980m. and Panorama on the Bernese Alps, Eiger, Mönch, Jungfrau;)

Regards, Tomfa

Best wishes 😉

Pascal

AFS2 / FS4 / MSFS / - Intel(R) Core i7 -12800HX 4.80 GHz - DDR5 4800MHz 32 Go - NVIDIA GeForce RTX™ 3070 Ti 8 GB GDDR6X - 2x 2 TB SSD M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4

• Indeed, thanks to the considerable work of drassaut, Switzerland becomes more real :thumbup:Thanks again!;)

However, I have one essential point: I regret to note that the IPAC scenes of the main airports have never been 100% achieved at the level of 3D modeling. Only on the side of German-speaking Switzerland, have done a considerable job, Example: Bern-Belp, Altenrhein, Grenchen, ... Perfect! In French-speaking Switzerland, only Lausanne-Blecherette was modeled. Sion, Eplatures, Ticino, Lugano or other Basel-Mulhouse in international transit are non-existent ??? :(

I am too chicken to try the user add on scenery but I had a look at some of the sceneries in the flight-sim org pages and there is a very impressive Sion for download.

• Thanks for your info, but I have not found anything regarding this airport Sion? Or I missed a chapter ..?

Best wishes 😉

Pascal

• Small flight with this fabulous R22, in front of the Schilthorn, 2980m. and Panorama on the Bernese Alps, Eiger, Mönch, Jungfrau;)

Hi Tomfa,

Nice integration of the Schilthorn cable car and station.

Just a technical question : did you manage setting up the Helipad start position in AFS2 at the proper altitude ? In other words, if you select the location and start from there with the R22, does she stand properly in place on the dropzone ?

Thanks in advance

Cheers

Antoine

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 3.20GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.

• Antoine,

Schiltorn scenery, with cable car and station is a default Switzerland DLC scenery from IPACS. It exists by default.

Best regards ;)

• Dear Hervé,

Thank you so much for pointing this to me, my mistake.

Cheers

Antoine

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 3.20GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.

• Hi Antoine,

Yes, absolutely, as HervéF has said, but now concerning the altimeter, the R22 is struggling to take off from this location? But I do not know if we can give an altitude cap to get more stability?

Best regards:)

Best wishes 😉

Pascal