• Not tested. I found a method to create the heli surface on top of the Montparnasse tower in Paris, but it isn't ideal, therefore I was interested in knowing how the Schilthorn was created. The fact that the dropzone is actually close to the ground (.I.e. little difference between elevation mesh and helipad surface probably makes it easier).

Cheers

Antoine

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 3.20GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.

• I am currently looking for some Airports to complete this beautiful scene of Switzerland! Among others: Sion, Lugano, Neuchatel - Colombier, Modeled 3D, but please, no FSCloudPort, if one of you to, or have these models to share, like for example those from (Flylogic for FSX) I would be very happy! ;):thumbup:

Best greetings to all, and HAPPY NEW YEAR 2019 !!!:)

Tomfa

Best wishes 😉

Pascal

AFS2 / FS4 / MSFS / - Intel(R) Core i7 -12800HX 4.80 GHz - DDR5 4800MHz 32 Go - NVIDIA GeForce RTX™ 3070 Ti 8 GB GDDR6X - 2x 2 TB SSD M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4

• I wanted to port some of them from FSX, but I first need author agreement.

For airports where the ground layer already exists, like Sion, the job should not be too difficult. Just the nasty AFS2 bug with alpha layers necessitating some workaround...

Cheers

Antoine

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 3.20GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.

• Thank you Antoine for all this information! Very apreciated! :)

Unless error Flylogic is a Swiss developer, there should not be too much problem.

But, as you rightly said, it's always a question of protection of rights.

Best regards

Tomfa

Best wishes 😉

Pascal

AFS2 / FS4 / MSFS / - Intel(R) Core i7 -12800HX 4.80 GHz - DDR5 4800MHz 32 Go - NVIDIA GeForce RTX™ 3070 Ti 8 GB GDDR6X - 2x 2 TB SSD M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4

• I have added four radio towers to the Switzerland DLC. The necessary files can be downloaded from the flight-sim.org pages.

Regards,

Thomas

i7-14700KF @ 5.6 GHz, Geforce RTX 4090, 32MB RAM, 1TB SSD M.2, 1TB SSD M.2, 2TB SSD M.2, 32" Monitor 4K, Pimax Crystal

• Thank you Antoine for all this information! Very apreciated! :)

Unless error Flylogic is a Swiss developer, there should not be too much problem.

But, as you rightly said, it's always a question of protection of rights.

Best regards

Tomfa

A quick and dirty 1-to-1 porting of LSGS Sion shows some height adaptation will be necessary to prevent buildings from flying, and ground markings must be painted...

Nothing difficult per se, just time consuming to make something nice.

Getting the author's agreement is probably the most challenging part of the job...

Cheers

Antoine

• Impressive and absolutely fantastic your work! Congratulations!:thumbup:

Regards

Tomfa

Anybody having the original FSX scenery can do the same by simply using MCX (dev release) and Notepad++, both free.

My usual process is to use MCX to first batch convert the bgl library into separate collada (.dae) objects with .bmp textures.

Collada is a text format that can be edited with Notepad++ to automatically rename all texture calls with AFS2-specific suffixes (_color, _light, etc.)

Textures must be renamed accordingly.

Once done, I use MCX to batch convert all my edited colladas into TGIs for AFS2.

The next step is to edit the object placement TSC file and launch IPAC SDK's converter in order to get them into the scenery.

In the case of LSGS Sion above, I also extracted FSX BGL into XML format to get original placement coordinates and I use self-coded tools to automatically rename the textures and generate the TSC file, but as can be seen placement would anyway need manual corrections.

As mentioned, FSX textures using an alpha channel will also need a special intermediate process, as well as non-textured surfaces.

If you feel like trying out, I can help you further in PM...

Cheers

Antoine