Aerofly FS 2019 for IOS Released!

• Greetings fellow flight simmers,

The wait is over!

we are proud to announce the new release of Aerofly FS 2019 for IOS. It's been a long time coming and we hope that it brings many hours of enjoyment. Aerofly FS 2019 was designed around the PC version so expect a lot of true-to-life experiences in this version, including the new R22 Helicopter and Dash 8!

Aerofly FS 2019 lets you explore the world of flying in a quality never seen before.
    Fly in any one of the 20 highly detailed aircraft available to you each with fully animated 3D cockpits that truly mimic the real aircraft. Learn to fly over 160,000 square miles of some of the most scenic terrain of California. Aerofly FS 2019 has highly realistic flight physics, detailed aircraft and a stunning photo realistic scenery.
    Become a pilot and enjoy flying over the famous Golden Gate Bridge or visit Alcatraz Island; the choice is yours. Learn the basics of flying with our Flight School or practice landings in various atmospheric conditions using the ILS navigation system.
    Aerofly FS 2019 features an intuitive user interface and requires virtually no training time. Whether you are a novice using the new optional copilot feature that lets you even fly a full route automatically or a seasoned pilot that wants to do everything manually, there's something for everyone.

FEATURES

• 20 aircraft included ( Airbus A320, Airbus A380, Robinson R22 helicopter, F-18, Dash-8 Q400, Learjet 45, C172, Baron 58, ASG 29 glider, Pitts S-2B biplane, B737-500, B747-400, F-15E, King Air C90 GTx, Aermacchi MB-339, Corsair F4U, Extra 330, Swift S1 glider, P-38 Lightning and Sopwith Camel )
    • Over 150 airports from all over California including KSFO and KLAX
    • Assisted flying copilot
    • Highly detailed and animated 3D cockpits
    • Lighted cockpit at night time
    • Automatic navigation tuning ( ILS, NDB and VOR )
    • Realistic flight physics
    • Sophisticated autopilot
    • Interactive Flight school for learning the basics of flying
    • High resolution aerial images of the San Francisco Bay Area
    • Over 160000 square miles flyable area
    • Display terrain features like mountains, lakes and cities for easy navigation
    • Adjustable time of day
    • Configurable Clouds
    • Adjustable wind, thermals and turbulence
    • Replay system
    • Different view modes 

This version requires one of the following platforms;

Requires iOS 11.4 or later. Compatible with iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Wi-Fi (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), and iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation). 

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• iOS 11 or later means bye-bye to all my iOS 10 based 32bit software!

Are all the iOS 12 graphics bugs in FS2 mobile fixed yet? I could not do without FS2 mobile Switzerland, will there be a 2019 Swiss scenery later?

Thanks everyone in IPACS, no one saw this coming. I really hope this is a huge success.

• We tried to be really quiet about this until we fully knew that we could release it at this time.

Aerofly FS 2019 only has California at this time. We are not sure if or when Switzerland will be released for this version.

On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Any information on Android Jeff?

Android 8 'Oreo' has been out for well over a year now and the manufacturers have had time to upgrade their fastest devices. I'd love to put 2019 on my Android 8.1.0 Google Pixel C tablet. Android was something of a standardisation headache in the past.

I'm a little bit wary about upgrading my iPad pro to iOS 12 as there has been no news on whether the FS2/iOS 12 graphics problem can be fixed.

Later

iOS 12 caused no problems. FS2 was fine.

Edited once, last by Overloaded (December 16, 2018 at 10:44 PM).

Android 8 'Oreo' has been out for well over a year now and the manufacturers have had time to upgrade their fastest devices. I'd love to put 2019 on my Android 8.1.0 Google Pixel C tablet. Android was something of a standardisation headache in the past.

I'm a little bit wary about upgrading my iPad pro to iOS 12 as there has been no news on whether the FS2/iOS 12 graphics problem can be fixed.

I can't provide any information on an Android version yet sir.

We will try to inform the community shortly on the status of the future of the Android version.

Regards,

Jeff

There are too many different devices with varying hardware performance on the android platform. We can't assure each device will be able to handle Aerofly smoothly, which is why we decided to tackle a new ios version first.

• With Aerofly FS 2019 you get new airplanes and a lot of updated features, like clouds, the enhanced co pilot and even a helicopter. Since the hardware demand increased at lot, we created a whole new software that requires a modern iPhone 6S or newer or iPad Pro. The new version does not support older devices.

If you look at the runway texture, airport detail and city buildings you will see quite a lot more 'stuff' compared to the previous version.

We haven't decided yet on Switzerland, but we would of course like to offer it as well. But we want to get feedback on Aerofly FS 2019 first.

Android is another story: There are still way too many device configurations out there and this in turn makes it extremely difficult to get a stable version. The announced Vulkan support is great, but one year after the announcement support for it is lousy and still only a handful of devices support it. For the rest of them we have to fight with buggy OpenGL ES drivers.

• Vielen Dank für die Veröffentlichung von FS 2019. Ein gutes Programm ist immer sein Geld wert, und FS 2019 ist ein sehr gutes Programm, in das viel Energie und Arbeitszeit investiert wurde. Das sollte sich dann auch für alle Beteiligten auszahlen. :)

Gibt es schon eine kurze Anleitung für den Co-Piloten. ?

H.S.

• Thank You for becoming involved here Torsten and Jan. I'm sure that if you look at FS2 and iOS 12 it will be fixed. I'll take iOS 12 for Aerofly 2019 and wait for the FS2 fix.

Tablet storage has increased enormously since mobile FS over 5 years ago so I will take any 2019 scenery add-ons that are made available.

The Swiss scenery is still very popular and would be a colourful ballance to the California desert. I have over 190GB of free storage on my iPad pro and would also enthusiastically embrace much of the beautiful New York area scenery.

LATER

I got iOS 12 and 2019. There were no graphics issues with Aerofly FS2 with my iPad pro 9.7”. Aerofly 2019 seems OK, the R-22 seems to have no profi mode, it is really very, very easy to fly.

Edited once, last by Overloaded: Got iOS 12 and 2019. (December 16, 2018 at 6:03 PM).

• ABSOLUTELY AWESEOME!!! Thank god I just upgraded to a new iPad Pro 10.5. If not, I would have bought one tomorrow! I did not hesitate one second to pay 7,99 € again, really. So now I have FS2 still on my device for Switzerland.

Just took a quick glimpse into the app: clouds are great, heli and Dash8 as well. Scenery-wise - it looks a bit different, but need to spend more time with it. One reason for my iPad upgrade was the much better textures of the landscapes compared to my previous iPad Air 1st gen. Hope they did not became blurry again.

Great Xmas present!

• ABSOLUTELY AWESEOME!!! Thank god I just upgraded to a new iPad Pro 10.5. If not, I would have bought one tomorrow! I did not hesitate one second to pay 7,99 € again, really. So now I have FS2 still on my device for Switzerland.

Just took a quick glimpse into the app: clouds are great, heli and Dash8 as well. Scenery-wise - it looks a bit different, but need to spend more time with it. One reason for my iPad upgrade was the much better textures of the landscapes compared to my previous iPad Air 1st gen. Hope they did not became blurry again.

Great Xmas present!

We are glad that you are enjoying it.

Regards,

Jeff

• The scenery looks worse to me but the planes, the cockpit lighting and the atmospheric weather effects are good. Super detailed airports bore me to death anyway. I care about the view inside the cockpit not an outside jetway.

Anyone know how to set heading and altitude bugs for manual flight without the stupid co-pilot steering the plane all over the place?