I NEED HELP IN THE SAITEK X52 PRO

• Any of the users that have the Joystick Saitek X 52 Pro. can help me in the configuration and assignment of functions to this joystic.

I bought this used device, and it came without User Manual, and also without CD or DVD that I believe is indispensable for its knowledge, programming and assignment of functions.

Is this deduction correct? I suppose so, because in the current situation, I can not even modify the brightness of the LEDs that illuminate both the joystick and the throttle.

I have absolutely no access to any of the features of the device, and I guess that is due to the lack of the software contained in the CD or the DVD already mentioned and that I would have to enter in the PC.

In spite of everything, in total I have assigned 13 functions to the device, the mode selector being in position 1. I assumed that if I changed it to position 2, I would have the possibility of assigning at least as many others, but it is not so. As many if I switch it to position 3. Where is the error that I am committing, since this device has a capacity far superior to what I, and I guess anyone, we need ?.

So far, the description of my current situation. How to use the modes to continue assigning functions to the joystick).

I have obtained (and downloaded) the user's manual on the Internet, {
    http://www.saitek.com/manuals/x52_manual.pdf }, but I do not have access to the Saiteck software, I suppose for not having introduced the software on the CD or the DVD in the computer.

I ask you to help me with these difficulties, and I also ask again:

Is the CD or DVD indispensable for the correct use of this device?
    If yes, how to get it ?.

Regards: Delfín

• Delfin,

I have been using the X52Pro for more than 5 years now. I don't ever remember having or needing a Cd or DVD to use it. I don't think the lights can be dimmed. I suggest you pick one of the 3 modes and stick with that one. You can track down the Logitech.com support site and pose your questions there. Saitek sold all rights to Logitech a year or more ago.

I seriously doubt you will find your answers at this forum.

Regards,

Ray

• Delfin,

I have been using the X52Pro for more than 5 years now. I don't ever remember having or needing a Cd or DVD to use it. I don't think the lights can be dimmed. .

Regards,

Ray

From what you inform me, I come to the conclusion that the Saitek X52 that you have had is not exactly the same as the one I bought. You were telling me:

"I do not think the lights can be dimmed"

Here you have a piece of text, (from the User's manual), in which you can read the possibility of attenuating the LEDs of the device.

Note: What each button does depends on the game in progress. You can, if you wish, assign functions to individual

buttons using the SST programming software. See the SST programming software manual for details.

Maintaining your LED brightness

The authenticity of the flight control experience provided by your Saitek X52 Pro FCS is enhanced by a number of

LEDs on the throttle unit and flight stick. You can control the appearance of these LEDs, making them brighter or

dimmer according to your preference.

To maintain LED brightness

Click the LEDs tab.

A sliding scale is displayed, which you can use to choose how brightly the LEDs on your stick and throttle

are displayed:

This window is part of this Saitek's manual, and I do not have it at my disposal to operate on it.

I think I will return it, if I do not get the CD, or the drivers that provide the possibility of working with this device.

I hope Ray, that these tests that I send you that you could modify the brightness of the LEDs, do not bother you. I am amazed by what I read in the user manual, and that you tell me that you have never had a CD or DVD and that you have worked for so long with all correctness.

Once again my thanks for your systematic help in solving my difficulties.

Regards: Delfin

• I have an old Saitek joystick and there is no Windows 10 compatible software available on the Saitek website. It has basic controlls in the windows device software but no way to adjust sensitivity curves or other advanced functions such as switching modes. Independent joystick adjustment software does not seem to be effective or reliable.

• I keep trying to tell him that. I don’t have a need for dimming lights or using the software to do things. I use the throttle and flightstick as a HOTAS and I assign buttons, sliders, trim wheels, etc as needed. End of story.

Most CDs will require driver updates so you might as well just download the latest version and not look for a 6 year old CD. Saitek drivers were never known to be leading edge and their support reputation was near the bottom of the barrel. That could be why they sold out to Logitech.

Win10 is going to be the limiting factor, or maybe the fact that win10 does not support anything other than the basic functions may tell you something.

Regards,

Ray

• I think I will return it, if I do not get the CD, or the drivers that provide the possibility of working with this device.

I don't know how old this joystick is, but I severely doubt that if there are no Win10 drivers on their website, that they would be on the CD.

Usually the drivers on a CD are outdated and it is recommended to download the newer ones.

• I expected that this Saitek X52 Pro, or the X52 would have many users. I think it is a good joystick and that the many users who have it, could inform me how they have configured it, whether they have used or not, the DVD that comes with that equipment, and that ultimately, it serves to configure it more broadly, than without DVD, or drives downloaded from the Internet, and above all, that some would have done extensive programming, which is ultimately the reason why you buy a relatively expensive price joystick. Buying a joystick with high characteristics, so as not to take advantage of them, is quite absurd. WHERE ARE THE ANSWERS OF THOSE WHO HAVE THIS JOYSTICK, AND WHICH ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO KNOW ABOUT WITH DEPTH?

The DVD that comes with the joystick, is for the configuration and certain adaptations to develop the game better. Once configured (and if you want to program it more broadly), it is ready indefinitely; does not need updates. Am I wrong, 1050E ?

This link is the proof that this DVD accompanies the joystick when you buy new:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Well Overloaded, I appreciate your contribution, but that comment from an old Saitek, does not tell me anything. If you told me about the X52 Pro, it would be interesting.

You tell me Ray:
    "I do not have a need for dimming lights or using the software to do things."

I do not want to contradict you, but I did not say that you had that need; I said that, you have (you had) the possibility of doing it. I repeat: you have the possibility, not the need.

Again, I repeat: . WHERE ARE THE ANSWERS OF THOSE WHO HAVE THIS JOYSTICK, AND WHICH ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO KNOW ABOUT WITH DEPTH?

I await your answers

Regards: Delfin

• Aerofly has control functionality within the settings of Aerofly that will allow any controller that's recognized by Windows OS to be fairly easily programmed. We have recommended to NOT use any additional software besides what Windows installs as drivers to your system to avoid conflicts between said software and Aerofly. So basically you plug in your USB controller, Windows recognizes this controller and installs drivers for it, open Aerofly and go into controller settings you should see this controller, set whatever function you want for each of your buttons and you are all set.

Consistently the community has answered each of your questions and explained basically what I just stated here multiple times, so at this time I'm considering this thread resolved and I will be closing it.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff