Anyone using Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedals w/ R-22?

• My Saitek Combat Pedals doesn’t work well trying to fly the R-22. Looking for a low end replacement.

Regards,

Ray

What exactly do you mean by doesn't work well? Perhaps it's something that could be addressed in settings?

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

• I hope so. I can't seem to center the settings. When I start up the R-22 it is immediately spinning (faster than turning) and just gets faster. Almost like full right rudder is applied. I can counter this with left rudder if I catch it quick enough but I have to fly with left rudder applied to fly straight and can only make with small turns due to limited effective rudder left. I have the rudders disconnected but, can plug them back in to test and troubleshoot.

Thanks.

Ray

How about the sensitivity and deadzone settings? I guess the Y axis is the brakes and only the right brake seems to work. Left brake does not show any action. Don't know what the X axis is.

Ray

• have you played with the sensitivity and the dead zones?

Edit: sheesh, those things are expensive!

Anyway I looked them up online and they're listed as three axis pedals, so I suggest you probably should look at the manual to figure out what exactly it's supposed to be doing.

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

• I tried small adjustments but I need guidance.

Ray

http://www.saitek.com/manuals/combatrpmanual.pdf

Ohhhhhhhhhh.......

I know nothing about rudder controllers, but it seems the puppies you have are supposed to slide back and forth as well as tilt (toe brakes?)

Still reading

The Rudder Pedals have three axes, one for the rudder and two foot pedal axes that
    are used for the toe brakes. There is also a rotary wheel in the center that allows for the
    rudder movement’s tension to be increased and decreased. Due to the way in which
    Flight Sim detects the pedals, they need to be correctly configured before you can start
    getting the most out of them.

Devons rig

• I used Rz for the pedals axis. Try calibrating in windows first.

Before you fly, look down at your sim cockpit display virtual pedals and use the sim rudder trim to set the left virtual pedal a full virtual pedal bar width forward of the right pedal. Setup your trim in the normal control menu. I have num‘ 4 and 6 assigned for rudder trim. You can have the helicopter cyclic ballance force totally neutral as you reach lift off collective power.

You can adjust trim to avoid having your pedals clicking in and out of any central detent position.

If you do not setup the pedals you will have the same problem with any new ones.

Try post #39

Learning how to fly the R22

Edited once, last by Overloaded (December 16, 2018 at 11:18 PM).