Time of Day Adjustment (smaller increments?)

• Dear IPACS,

Would you please consider improving the options available for changing time of day? Currently when we use the Keyboard-Shortcut (T or Shift-T) we only get time changes in 10min increments earlier or later. I would like to be able to have another command available that would allow time to be adjusted in smaller increments like minutes or less. (up to the key binding set by the user but I would use ALT-T or ALT-SHIFT-T to change time in small steps)

It may seem like a small deal but I often find myself not able to dial in just the right time of day for that "perfect screenshot" or to establish just the view I want for my approach.

I know there are bigger fish to fry on the to-do-list, but if you would add this small request to the list I, for one, would appreciate it :)

Thanks

• You could drag the slider under 'Conditions/Time' if you want to fine tune it even further but the default T/Shift-T already gives you quite a lot of control over time.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• You could drag the slider under 'Conditions/Time' if you want to fine tune it even further but the default T/Shift-T already gives you quite a lot of control over time.

Thanks Jeff. Appreciate the response and suggested alternative.

10min increments is not quite "enough control" in my view though, and jumping out of sim to adjust conditions/time settings in the control panel breaks immersion; plus I can't see the visual effect of the changes in real-time doing it that way.

Maybe my opinion is not shared by others though. I was prompted to ask as I find the system in X-Plane very user friendly as it allows you to, in flight, dial in exactly what you want. What is nice about the 10min intervals in Aerofly is that you can go from day to night in a timely way.

Just speaking from an end-user viewpoint.

• I know that it's of no consolation but you can 'fine tune' the time to your specific liking from within the main.mcf file as well. use this string:

<[float64][time_hours][14.05]>

We likely won't change any of this for quite some time if I were to be honest here.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff