I didn't realise a drinks trolley was required equipment

• Navigraph survey out

https://download.navigraph.com/docs/navigraph…-2018-final.pdf

It seems i'm on the old side and not keeping up the flying hours per week i should

• Interesting reading. Some things I noticed:

• It's easy to forget just how big FSX and P3D still is. (3.1.1)
    • Aerofly does relatively well in the VR simulator software category. (2.8.3)
    • Flying in VR with a yoke and throttle is far more popular than hand controllers (2.8.5)
    • People are using VR for IFR (so getting around the 'can't read the controls' issue) (2.8.7)
    • People consider weather more important than ATC (2.10.2 / 2.11.1)

I do hope IPACS pay attention to the facts here and shape their development schedule accordingly:

• The VR hands implementation needs to better support hardware (yoke, throttle, button box) users. I feel like IPACS can't test this scenario or they'd know how frustrating it can be to have a VR hand 'mid air' (where you've put the controller on the yoke) or not be able to flip a switch because your physical yoke is in the way.
    • Get real weather in the game before ATC as it appeals to more people

AeroScenery - Easily create photoreal scenery for Aerofly

• They asked everyone what they wanted a while back - 1 year, 2 years I can't remember. That's when ATC got put at the top of the list. I presume it came out above weather at the time.

• The weather in mobile 2019 looks nicer, the clouds seem more convincing and darker. It makes up for the super easy mode of the mobile R-22. I'd prefer that a virtual copilot kept chatting to ATC and kept his/her unwanted hands off the controls.

ATC is in demand from the game/multiplay side and to be fair IPACS probably see them as a bigger market than the authentic flight simulation side. I'd give the ATC side what they want, compulsory perfectly filled in flight plans to use the larger planes and a one hour wait for Eurocontrol to proceess them, might put them off the bliss of a sequence of heading and height instructions.

• The weather in mobile 2019 looks nicer, the clouds seem more convincing and darker. It makes up for the super easy mode of the mobile R-22. I'd prefer that a virtual copilot kept chatting to ATC and kept his/her unwanted hands off the controls.

ATC is in demand from the game/multiplay side and to be fair IPACS probably see them as a bigger market than the authentic flight simulation side. I'd give the ATC side what they want, compulsory perfectly filled in flight plans to use the larger planes and a one hour wait for Eurocontrol to proceess them, might put them off the bliss of a sequence of heading and height instructions.

Lovely post!

• I guess that ATC primarily matters to the people who like to fly big Airliners while the necessity of ATC communication is far less for GA flyers. Weather though matters to anyone. I don't even need real worldwide weather, just more options and variety to the existing weather conditions, very much like the custom weather option in FSX or P3D.