TSC file format, attributes and possible default values

• Hello,

I am trying to look through the TSC files for scenery creation but have some questions:

1. It looks like the default AFS2 scenery uses <[list_tmsimulator_scenery_object][objects][] but airports from FSCloudPort use <[tmsimulator_scenery_objecttmslist][objects][]. I take it they both work but is there some format that needs to be followed here?

2. I can see a lot of attributes under some scenery files, is there a way (other than looking through all existing TSC files) to find out what each element can contain? Example: tmsimulator_scenery_object can have a type: ground, decal, object and even ground_mesh (which I found is seldomly used). It also seems that some other fields are optional (such as orientation). I've also noticed autoheight_override is set to -1, but if there is an override, how is this defined? what is that field and type?

3. What are the default values if we don't specify something (such as <[string8][autoheight_method][smooth_elevation]>, but FSCloudport doesn't have this, so I wonder what the default is?). Do we know what the mandatory fields are?

I've tried to Google but that didn't help much, would be awesome if there was some kind of schema or way of knowing.

Thanks!

Edited once, last by Nabeel (December 30, 2018 at 10:57 PM).

• As I'm just an aircraft guy I can only fully answer your first question:

1. Stick to the default Aerofly FS 2 scenery. At the moment it doesn't make a difference what type is specified. The text list_tmsimulator_scenery_object or tmsimulator_scenery_objecttmslist is not actually used for loading the document, it is merely a helper for manual text editing. They key word is "objects" in the current context.

3. Our design philosophy is to make the default values work, the less parameters you specify, the more lines of code you can remove from your config and still have it work 100% the less work you have to do and the less potential issues can arise. If you see some airports that use a certain parameters and other that don't but you have no idea what it does than just leave it away, too.

Regards,

Jan