CALIBRATION AND CONFIGURATION OF A JOYSTICK

• I bought a used Saitek X52 Pro joystick. After configured it worked perfectly on FS2.

A few days later, I configured it to fly with Flight simulator (from Microsoft). Everything worked also correctly. However, the next day I flew back to FS2, I found an unexpected surprise: there is no way to fly correctly in this Sim. after configuring it for FSX. What continues, is exactly what happens:

A joystick that lets itself calibrate perfectly, that its axes respond linearly and progressively when they are slowly driven from the beginning to the end. Then it is configured in Controller setup in FS 2; it correctly accepts the assignment of functions to its three axes, and also to the control of acceleration (throttle).

Now the surprise comes:

1) .- When starting the movement slowly the stick on the axis "Y", this instead of responding to the displacement linearly as the stick slides, it passes instantaneously to the end of the stroke as soon as the movement of the joystick stick starts .

2) .- Exactly the same happens with the start of the displacement of the other two axes: "X" and "Z".

3) .- Not only that, but the three axes move simultaneously to the end, when starting the movement of any of the three axes.

4) .- The only assignment that works correctly, is the acceleration (throttle and is not affected by the movement of any of the other three axes of control.

The displacements seen in the configuration page of FS 2, when we configure and assign functions to the joystick, are seen in exactly the same way, by placing an airplane on the runway, and there we see the planes of control of the aircraft, they move from the beginning to the end of the tour instantly, as soon as we slowly start the joystick stick travel in any of its three axes.

I repeat: if in the calibration of the joystick, (page Controller Setup), we see that when starting very slowly, the displacement of any axis, on the screen we see the line of the axis moves synchronously with the stick of the joystick, how is it possible that after assigning a control function to one of the three axes, do not move in exactly the same way (linearly and progressively)?

This has happened to me with one of the best joysticks that many of you, know much better than me: the Saitek X52 Professional.

I have two other Joysticks, (one, Thrusmaster), which work correctly and have never presented any problems.

Once again, I need your experience and help

Regards: Delfin

I find it hard to believe that in this forum, it has not occurred to someone to suggest something to get out of this situation.

One thing is obvious: there is some interference between FSX and FS2, because this has happened after configuring the Saitek X52 for FSX (which worked perfectly) and going back to FS2. When I went back to FS2, it did not work again, it does not even let itself be configured in FS2.

I have even admitted the possibility that there has been a defect in this Joystick, but it is extraordinarily unlikely that a day has passed for the next one.

That being the case, the anomaly is in the software. What is that anomaly? How to correct it?

Regards: Delfin

• "After configured it worked perfectly on FS2.
    A few days later, I configured it to fly with Flight simulator (from Microsoft). Everything worked also correctly. However, the next day I flew back to FS2, I found an unexpected surprise: there is no way to fly correctly in this Sim. after configuring it for FSX"

I do not have any experience with this particular joystick. I had the X45 years ago, but after upgrading to the Warthog, I never looked back.

Based on your words that I quoted, it sounds like you are using the joystick's game profile software to set different profiles for different sims (correct me if I'm wrong). Similar to Thrustmaster's T.A.R.G.E.T program (which I've never touched).

If I am correct, then I would ditch the profile program altogether. Then setup the stick & throttle in each flightsim individually.

And perhaps try different USB ports (I've seen weird issues with certain hardware/USB port combinations).

That's all I have as a 30+ year flight simmer, PC builder and tinkerer :S8o

Good luck.

Edit:

Forgot one more thing. Go into your windows control panel, find your joystick and check to make sure any "power saving" settings are turned off! You might have to look in Device Manager. Right click over the icon and look in "properties".

Also, set any power profiles in Control Panel to "High Performance".

I'm writing from my work PC, so I can't check the exact settings at the moment. This is based off of memory and could be off a bit.

Redtail

KFRG, KTEB, KEWR, KLGA

~Straighten up and fly right~

DESKTOP: i7-7700k @5GHz (water cooled), Nvidia GTX 1080Ti FTW3, 32GB DDR4, 500GB SSD, Oculus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Home 64 bit,

TM HOTAS Warthog (large spring removed), Saitek PRO Flight Combat Rudder Pedals, YOKO yoke!

Laptop (gaming): Acer Predator Helios 500- Intel Core i7-8750H @4.1GHz, Nvidia GTX 1070, 32GB DDR4, 256GB SSD/1TB HDD.

Gametrix JetSeat FSE (Flight Sim Edition)-USB Vibrating pad. Nextlevel V3 Motion Platform / Sim cockpit.

Edited 3 times, last by Redtail (January 5, 2019 at 3:07 PM).

• Have you recalibrated your joystick in Windows?

Of course, antigoon. If you read this thread from the beginning, it is explained very carefully. The calibration was done in Windows.

Redtail: I'm not working with any profile, I have not reached that point yet, because for that, before I have to program it, and before that, I have to configure it correctly.

I had 4 Sims. on Mi PC. Now I have 3: FS1, FS2 and FSX. and two joysticks connected in different ports; Generally this condition, has not presented me problems. Naturally, I have tested with X52 pro. many times the configuration with the Thrustmaster connected and also disconnected, without any difference in the results.

Right now I only have the Thrustmaster connected, which is the only one that allows me to play while I do not solve this difficulty.

I am waiting for another X52 Pro to arrive. I have to eliminate the remote possibility that there is a defect in this joystick. When receiving another identical, if I have the same behavior, it is clear that the defect is in the software. And in that case, I have no idea how to solve this difficulty that has never been presented to me.

Thanks for your help.

Regards: Delfín

• Ok.

Well a defective joystick was high on my list of possibilities. However, if it is a software conflict between the two flightsims, maybe you could try creating a separate windows account and installing them each under a Separate login. That might resolve the issue.

I no longer use FSX but if I ran into an issue like this, I'd try it on my laptop or another PC as a process of elimination and troubleshooting.

I currently have AFS2, X-plane 11 and DCS World installed, frequently switch between them during the week/month as time permits and I never have any hardware/software conflicts.

Hopefully you will get it sorted out.

Good luck.

Redtail

KFRG, KTEB, KEWR, KLGA

~Straighten up and fly right~

DESKTOP: i7-7700k @5GHz (water cooled), Nvidia GTX 1080Ti FTW3, 32GB DDR4, 500GB SSD, Oculus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Home 64 bit,

TM HOTAS Warthog (large spring removed), Saitek PRO Flight Combat Rudder Pedals, YOKO yoke!

Laptop (gaming): Acer Predator Helios 500- Intel Core i7-8750H @4.1GHz, Nvidia GTX 1070, 32GB DDR4, 256GB SSD/1TB HDD.

Gametrix JetSeat FSE (Flight Sim Edition)-USB Vibrating pad. Nextlevel V3 Motion Platform / Sim cockpit.

Edited 2 times, last by Redtail (January 6, 2019 at 2:19 AM).