fsCloudPort #2,000

• Thanks to chrispriv who just created LFBT in fsCloudPort we now have 2,000 airports in the database.

The other news for FSCP is that this week I added a quick (and not very pretty) way of including helipads in airports. You add them like buildings and when you choose the building type you get this option.

As well as drawing a helipad on the ground it adds it to the navigation so you can choose to start from there. Back to the graphics side it isn't perfect and I'll probably improve the model being used. It effectively "paints" the ground with the H and circle but if the terrain is at a steep angle some of the paint slips underground. When Ray tried it for KFLL it worked fine though as below:

&thumbnail=1

&thumbnail=1

&thumbnail=1

• Amazing progress in such a short time. Who wudda thunk it possible? And free. Amazing indeed. Lots of contributors made this possible, but, mostly the genius and generosity of Phil.

Regards,

Ray

Is there an award for Freeware Product of the Year? I nominate Phil’s fsCloudPort.

• Maybe one of you guys can steer me in the right direction. I'm relatively new to AFS2 with very limited programming skills. Basically none^^

However, in X-plane there is a scenery editor that allows you to import existing scenery and modify it. Being frustrated with the lack of helipad lighting (including payware scenery), I decided to learn enough of the X-Plane 'World Editor' to add custom lighting to several helipads, such as the Downtown Manhattan heliport. Having over ten years experience as an electrician at Newark and LaGuardia airports, I've installed and maintained all types of runway/taxiway lighting, as well as lighted airport signs (fed by 4160VAC constant current regulators). So I had a few ideas for how I wanted the helipad lit.

Note: My custom lighting was a little overboard, (I eventually removed the strobe lights).. LOL

My question is:

Are there any such editors I could use to accomplish something similar in AFS2? I'd also like to add some custom lighted helipads to the rooftops of certain buildings, such as the Metlife building in midtown Manhattan. If not, will I be able to do so using your method Phil?

Thanks.

Here, I added the lighting, signs and windsock (XP11)

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Redtail

KFRG, KTEB, KEWR, KLGA

~Straighten up and fly right~

DESKTOP: i7-7700k @5GHz (water cooled), Nvidia GTX 1080Ti FTW3, 32GB DDR4, 500GB SSD, Oculus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Home 64 bit,

TM HOTAS Warthog (large spring removed), Saitek PRO Flight Combat Rudder Pedals, YOKO yoke!

Laptop (gaming): Acer Predator Helios 500- Intel Core i7-8750H @4.1GHz, Nvidia GTX 1070, 32GB DDR4, 256GB SSD/1TB HDD.

Gametrix JetSeat FSE (Flight Sim Edition)-USB Vibrating pad. Nextlevel V3 Motion Platform / Sim cockpit.

Edited 3 times, last by Redtail (January 8, 2019 at 3:21 PM).

• Hey Redtail, for custom light placement I have been using a program called JOSM, it allows for straight lines and perfect circle placement. You must edit script values and then converted through a program called Scenproc etc. etc.. If interested just private message me and I can go into further details on that process. Otherwise I believe your best bet is to use the new Scenery Editior by Nabeel because his program allows for simple click and choose light colors. Once lights are placed you then need to access your converted Toc. file and adjust height values using Notepad ++. This will be a lot of trial and error to place properly on top of specific buildings in New York. In order to even achieve these methods you need to have an understanding of how Toc. files require a TSC to be linked to. If interested, I have made a few basic helipads that light up at night. If you have any questions on how to install those again private message me. Helipads

• Thanks Jake.

I've started watching the tutorials, getting basic understanding of the TOC, TSC files. Also looking into Nabeel's editor, which is probably the best place for me to start, as you suggest. As I have very little free time to devote to my hobbies due to my hectic work schedules, I need the simplest, least time consuming methods at the moment.

I will take a look at your samples for now. I am familiar with notepad ++ and have used it several times.

Really appreciate your help!

Redtail

KFRG, KTEB, KEWR, KLGA

~Straighten up and fly right~

DESKTOP: i7-7700k @5GHz (water cooled), Nvidia GTX 1080Ti FTW3, 32GB DDR4, 500GB SSD, Oculus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Home 64 bit,

TM HOTAS Warthog (large spring removed), Saitek PRO Flight Combat Rudder Pedals, YOKO yoke!

Laptop (gaming): Acer Predator Helios 500- Intel Core i7-8750H @4.1GHz, Nvidia GTX 1070, 32GB DDR4, 256GB SSD/1TB HDD.

Gametrix JetSeat FSE (Flight Sim Edition)-USB Vibrating pad. Nextlevel V3 Motion Platform / Sim cockpit.

• New Helipad option in fsCloudPort

I have updated the "quick fix" method of adding helipads to fsCloudPort airports with a proper option in the menu. The old helipad method still works as well (add a building and make it type "helipad") but the recommended way now is to click on the H in the menu and you'll see a proper symbol as shown here.

I haven't yet added alternative stylings. Once added and placed all you can do is left click hold to delete the helipad but soon I'll add the option to left click hold and add either a pad on grass or on a slab of tarmac or just the pain decal which sits on whatever surface is there already. Right now its just a decal so if the pad is on uneven ground some of the decal might be obscured (underground).

I'm afraid new features are slow to come at the moment as I'm very busy with several projects, but I know people want extra building types and interesting objects, different building textures and maybe some trees.

http://www.fscloudport.com

• Spit40 March 13, 2019 at 12:16 PM

Changed the title of the thread from “fsCloudPort Airport #2,000 and helipads” to “fsCloudPort #2,000”.
  • Top 10

I thought you might be interested in the top 10 downloaded airports from FSCP. Total downloads are now 17,127

• Thanks. That is an amazing number of downloads in such a short time, What is even more amazing is how many of the top 10 are just small non-descript runways in Switzerland. Duh.

Ray

• Another update to FSCP this weekend. Water towers. It may not seem much but these are the first non "virtual" objects in FSCP so now we have the technology there will be more objects coming - I have some vehicles and airport objects kindly donated by larrylynx yonks ago that can now go in.

• That's a good idea. A requirements list for 2.0. Perhaps we can get some ideas and work out what the priorities are.

Grass runways and heliports only would be a prio for me!

LSZP add by me yesterday is a grass runway and is not lighted. The one created by FSCloudport is no grass and lighted at night

Is there any way to have a flatten and exclusion polygon to kick the cultivation out of the airport?

X-Plane 12.x | DCS 2.5.7 | War Thunder | Aerofly FS4

Win11-x64 | Lenovo Legion T7 34LMZ5 | Intel i7-10700K @3.6GHz | Kingston FuryX RGB 32GB DDR4 PC3733 | 6TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro | 3TB M2 PCI 4x | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Ti Vision OC | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Reverb G2 V2 | Lenovo Legion Y25g-30 360hz

• Grass runways and heliports only would be a prio for me!

LSZP add by me yesterday is a grass runway and is not lighted. The one created by FSCloudport is no grass and lighted at night

Is there any way to have a flatten and exclusion polygon to kick the cultivation out of the airport?

Footprint polys are something I'd like to add for a range of reasons. In terms of cultivation removal though I'm not sure if that's possible.

• Grass runways and heliports only would be a prio for me!

In the file LSZP.tsc you can comment out the lines with the runway by prefixing each line with "//" (see screenshot). I just tried it.

I'm working a little bit into the programming of FS2 at the moment and take out the artificial runways that are too nice at some airfields. If the underground is sufficiently dissolved this does not look so bad in my opinion.

Bye, Michael

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

- MacBook Pro (16", 2021); Chip: Apple M1 Max; actual macOS || Thrustmaster TCA AIRBUS EDITION: 1x Sidestick, 2x Quadrant, 2x Quadrant Add-On || Pro-Flight-Trainer PUMA X

- iPad (12,9", 4th Generation, RAM: 6 GB); actual iOS || nimbus steelseries

• Thanks Michael. I will try it on LSZW and LSZP this evening.

Win11-x64 | Lenovo Legion T7 34LMZ5 | Intel i7-10700K @3.6GHz | Kingston FuryX RGB 32GB DDR4 PC3733 | 6TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro | 3TB M2 PCI 4x | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Ti Vision OC | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Reverb G2 V2 | Lenovo Legion Y25g-30 360hz

• An easier way with less work is to simply delete the tmb and decal files in the fsCP airport folder. Or you can rename the files with an x_ at the beginning of the file name if you want to keep them. Or change the tmb extension to "old". Lots of methods to do the same thing.

Ray

• I tried this in LSZP. Then the parking area is no longer flat. We need a grass runway.ttx image ;)