AFS2 Cultivation/Scenery editor

• Wow, thank you Nabeel, this tool looks very interesting and promising, just a kind of Annotator to enable graphical rework, I'm looking forward to testing it asap.

Too bad binary-format TOC files cannot be extracted to text for rework...

Cheers

Antoine

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 3.20GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.

• Thanks Nabeel

This may be just what I'm looking for, if it allows me to add custom helipad lighting, as I did in X-plane!

That's basically all I want to do at the moment, now that we have this incredible R-22:)

I mentioned it in this post...

Aerofly FS 2 Robinson R22 Helicopter Released!

Redtail

KFRG, KTEB, KEWR, KLGA

~Straighten up and fly right~

DESKTOP: i7-7700k @5GHz (water cooled), Nvidia GTX 1080Ti FTW3, 32GB DDR4, 500GB SSD, Oculus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Home 64 bit,

TM HOTAS Warthog (large spring removed), Saitek PRO Flight Combat Rudder Pedals, YOKO yoke!

Laptop (gaming): Acer Predator Helios 500- Intel Core i7-8750H @4.1GHz, Nvidia GTX 1070, 32GB DDR4, 256GB SSD/1TB HDD.

Gametrix JetSeat FSE (Flight Sim Edition)-USB Vibrating pad. Nextlevel V3 Motion Platform / Sim cockpit.

Edited once, last by Redtail (January 7, 2019 at 11:49 AM).

• Wow, thank you Nabeel, this tool looks very interesting and promising, just a kind of Annotator to enable graphical rework, I'm looking forward to testing it asap.

Too bad binary-format TOC files cannot be extracted to text for rework...

Cheers

Antoine

If there's a way for that to be done through the SDK or such then that might be an option, but I guess they're supposed to private and only read in-memory during the game.

Thanks Nabeel

This may be just what I'm looking for, if it allows me to add custom helipad lighting, as I did in X-plane!

That's basically all I want to do at the moment, now that we have this incredible R-22:)

I mentioned it in this post...

Aerofly FS 2 Robinson R22 Helicopter Released!

Thanks - that should be fine, you won't see the helipad though (unless it's a ground texture on a satellite/aerial photo) but adding lights shouldn't be an issue.

Nothing seems to happen when I click on the SAVE icon. I reloaded and the SAVE function works as expected.

Ray

Odd, let me know if that happens again. I can't reproduce this on any browser right now at least.

• If there's a way for that to be done through the SDK or such then that might be an option, but I guess they're supposed to private and only read in-memory during the game.

The SDK allows to compile text format TOC files into a binary format, this is what I use (undocumented feature).

There's no known way back, unfortunately.

Cheers

Antoine

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 3.20GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.

• I've made a few additions/changes:

You can move both plants and lights (the marker changes to an X just to make it more clearer where it will "land"), you can end editing/moving by double clicking on it.
    Visible layers have been introduced, you can toggle them on or off on the top right.
    Deleting will not count against layers that are not visible (drawing still counts).
    Draw mode will persist until you hit cancel, so you can spam multiple plants, lights, buildings.
    A message is shown to notify if you're in draw or edit mode (hard to miss!).

Thanks so much for updating. Works great. :thumbup:

• Thanks - that should be fine, you won't see the helipad though (unless it's a ground texture on a satellite/aerial photo) but adding lights shouldn't be an issue.

OK, but I have no experience with editing in AFS2, so I'm confused as to how I would add lights to them if they aren't visible.

Any tips on where and how to begin adding lights (in the blind, without reference to the object)?

Thanks

Redtail

KFRG, KTEB, KEWR, KLGA

DESKTOP: i7-7700k @5GHz (water cooled), Nvidia GTX 1080Ti FTW3, 32GB DDR4, 500GB SSD, Oculus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Home 64 bit,

TM HOTAS Warthog (large spring removed), Saitek PRO Flight Combat Rudder Pedals, YOKO yoke!

Laptop (gaming): Acer Predator Helios 500- Intel Core i7-8750H @4.1GHz, Nvidia GTX 1070, 32GB DDR4, 256GB SSD/1TB HDD.

Gametrix JetSeat FSE (Flight Sim Edition)-USB Vibrating pad. Nextlevel V3 Motion Platform / Sim cockpit.

Edited once, last by Redtail (January 7, 2019 at 2:48 PM).

• OK, but I have no experience with editing in AFS2, so I'm confused as to how I would add lights to them if they aren't visible.

Any tips on where and how to begin adding lights (in the blind, without reference to the object)?

Thanks

I assume you know the approximate location of the helipad, if you go over there in the editor and add lights on the x and y axis, space them out a bit and make a lot of them in the form of a plus sign. Test it in game and see which light is approximately right, then edit it in the editor again from that light. It'll be a bit of trial and error. You can change time in game with T and Shift+T I believe if you want to see the lights illuminate (as they don't show during the day).

Alternatively, you could take a top-down photo of the helipad in-game and estimate the approximate location of lights on the editor using that as reference and messing around.

However, I might be confused with what you're trying to achieve exactly, did you want to add lights to all helipads? there's no way to automate that and you have to do it manually per helipad. If you want to add lights to helipads from IPACS and other DLC sceneries then that might be difficult as you would need a separate 'dummy' scenery/airport to overlay your cultivation file with lights only (something which isn't recommended generally, though it should be harmless for lights only).

Edit:

I should also add that there's a camera mode in AFS2 that will make testing this much easier if you didn't know about it. You will need to close and re-open your game after updating the .toc file (which is actually what made me develop the editor in the first place, but helipads aren't supported yet as that goes under scenery/airport rather than cultivation).

Nothing seems to happen when I click on the SAVE icon. I reloaded and the SAVE function works as expected.

Ray

I managed to pinpoint the bug and have fixed it, it was when you drew a building but double clicked (which created a building as a single vertex, something that shouldn't have been possible)

• I'll mess around with it a bit, trial and error. I'm only interested in adding lights to a few helipads and rooftops in NYC (for now). Nothing major.

I appreciate your work, Thanks.

Redtail

KFRG, KTEB, KEWR, KLGA

• I'll mess around with it a bit, trial and error. I'm only interested in adding lights to a few helipads and rooftops in NYC (for now). Nothing major.

I appreciate your work, Thanks.

I think that might be something that won't work right now, mainly because the lights assume a predefined altitude (from the ground I believe), though it is something you can fix. Once you add the lights, open the .toc file and edit the very last number under the light position that says 6.000000 to the height you want (I believe it's in meters). You should be able to do a search and replace on all instances assuming the light cultivation toc file for the helipad is separate from other cultivation lights that aren't related.

I'll do something for the height in the next round of changes so you can configure the altitude on it.

Edited 2 times, last by Nabeel (January 7, 2019 at 4:57 PM).

• I think that might be something that won't work right now, mainly because the lights assume a predefined altitude (from the ground I believe), though it is something you can fix. Once you add the lights, open the .toc file and edit the very last number under the light position that says 6.000000 to the height you want (I believe it's in meters). You be able to do a search and replace on all instances assuming the light cultivation toc file for the helipad is separate from other cultivation lights that aren't related.

OK thanks.

I had to play with height adjustment numbers in the X-plane 'World Editor' in order to place a few helipads on the rooftops. The Metlife building in Manhattan took a lot of trial and error to get right. It was a bit of a challenge, as well as annoying because I had to place an entire prefabricated helipad on top of a hollow building in order to land on it. Sometimes they didn't fix well and looked out of place. So at least in FS2, we have solid buildings and hopefully, adding a few lights will be much easier and better looking.

Redtail

KFRG, KTEB, KEWR, KLGA

• Wow. Amazingly easy to use program. I just planted my first batch of trees around my hometown airport. What at terrific improvement. Now I need to find out how to select different varieties and different ages or heights of trees. Do we have a selection of bushes and trees someplace to make choices?

Thanks for this great contribution, Nabeel.

Regards,

Ray

• Wow. Amazingly easy to use program. I just planted my first batch of trees around my hometown airport. What at terrific improvement. Now I need to find out how to select different varieties and different ages or heights of trees. Do we have a selection of bushes and trees someplace to make choices?

Thanks for this great contribution, Nabeel.

Regards,

Ray

I just noticed About Plant Cultivation thread, it appears you have to modify the "species" property to achieve the different trees (which is possible right now in the editor!)

I've uploaded a small video to show how to change properties for existing objects and objects that you draw.

• I took the tree Plant Cultivation images that vogel69 posted in April, 2018 and made a one-image presentation and brightened up the images somewhat. Filenames are above each image. Kudos for vogel69, Rodeo, and Nabeel.

You can download and save the images for reference.

Regards,

Ray

I'm not sure who would be the one to approach with this request, but, if we have a Botanist, Arborologist, Dendrologist, or just a plain ole tree lover in our mist, I would like to have a few Longleaf Pines and Southern Magnolia trees added to the choices.

I have no idea what might be involved or how to get it accomplished, but, surely it is possible. Most of the southern states of the USA have these trees in most any forestry area.

Regards,

Ray

• I like the tool, one thing I would have to write, if you didn't. :)

One add: I would like to load more than one toc file without deleting the old one from the first load.

Also a nice feature like the one from scenproc: Define an area and fill it with random trees.

Wish for Aerofly FS 2/4:

- Flightpath recording on hard drive and replay in sim from different view points

- Smoke for aerobatic planes

- Multiplayer or at least watching other people flying sitting on ground or inside tower

• I like the tool, one thing I would have to write, if you didn't. :)

One add: I would like to load more than one toc file without deleting the old one from the first load.

Also a nice feature like the one from scenproc: Define an area and fill it with random trees.

I'm intending to do some new additions (and some changes) this Friday/Saturday or so, I'll include the option to load multiple TOC files at once (though that does mean that when you save it'll be one file only). Another much requested thing is creating multiple plants at once and a way to copy/paste/duplicate existing objects.

• Another suggestion to improve: Instead of the hand symbol as a cursor it would be better to have a pointer or a cross so we know where exactly we position the houses and trees.

Also the symbols for the vegetation should have a pixel marked where the exact position of the tree is.

Wish for Aerofly FS 2/4:

- Flightpath recording on hard drive and replay in sim from different view points

- Smoke for aerobatic planes

- Multiplayer or at least watching other people flying sitting on ground or inside tower

• Another suggestion to improve: Instead of the hand symbol as a cursor it would be better to have a pointer or a cross so we know where exactly we position the houses and trees.

Also the symbols for the vegetation should have a pixel marked where the exact position of the tree is.

If you try to move a plant or light, it should give you a proper texture to indicate where it lands. I agree though, the hand symbol might not be very easy to work with. I'll see what I can do about it, for now if you place it and then right click > edit it will allow you to do specific placements (due to the cross hair icon)