AFS2 Cultivation/Scenery editor

• If you try to move a plant or light, it should give you a proper texture to indicate where it lands. I agree though, the hand symbol might not be very easy to work with. I'll see what I can do about it, for now if you place it and then right click > edit it will allow you to do specific placements (due to the cross hair icon)

Yes, you can see/change the position. My suggestion goes in the way to improve speed and accuracy. If I need to move objects or have a look at the value properties I am even slower than just imperfectly setting the objects immediately. :)

Another improvement (don't feel pushed. Just a suggestion to implement when time and your fun allow):

Do more quick icons to select the major combinations.

Not just trees but also conifer, bushes, palms or broadleaf directly.

Same with the houses: residential/gable, residential/flat, commercial/gable, commercial/flat and industrial/gable, industrial/flat.

I know I can change the definitions. But I like to switch between these basic types quickly.

Wish for Aerofly FS 2/4:

- Flightpath recording on hard drive and replay in sim from different view points

- Smoke for aerobatic planes

- Multiplayer or at least watching other people flying sitting on ground or inside tower

• I think hotkeys would probably be the fastest to do that, need to think a bit on which ones (as we don't want to cycle through them all either).

• I think hotkeys would probably be the fastest to do that, need to think a bit on which ones (as we don't want to cycle through them all either).

Something like 1,2,3,4 for trees, 6,7,8,9 for gable-houses... SHIFT 6,7,8,9 for flat-houses?

Anyone have an thoughts on how to add additional varieties of trees? We need Oaks, Pines, and Magnolias to make a realistic forest area.

Regards,

Ray

I think currently we have no possibility to add more variaty for vegetations and we need to wait for future cultivation changes.

You can add your own textures for buildings. But this does not need to be covered in this tool, I guess.

Wish for Aerofly FS 2/4:

- Flightpath recording on hard drive and replay in sim from different view points

- Multiplayer or at least watching other people flying sitting on ground or inside tower

Edited once, last by flightxtreme (January 9, 2019 at 4:41 PM).

• Hm... if …. just if you find time...

Regarding this thread: Best strategy to avoid flying cultivation?

I would like to put a thin square with freely defined top/left - bottom/right coordinates, so I know where my boarder of the cultivation file is.

In this way I can avoid duplicate objects in different files. :saint:

Don't try to calculate anything. Just a small dialog to enter the two coordinates for the boundary box to display.

Best,

Micha

Wish for Aerofly FS 2/4:

• Defined by user or calculated from all current objects?

• User defined. Do not calculate anything. :)

Wish for Aerofly FS 2/4:

• I would absolutly second that with the bounding box. I have made tests with smaller culativation areas and indeed the buildings are settling much better on the ground. At the other hand I have overlapping vegetation, which would be easy to delete in the editor when knowing the boundaries.

Btw. I have been using it lately quite a lot. It's really a game changer for cultivation. Thanks again for your afford!

Kai

• The reason why I like to have the box is, that I automatically split OSM data into cells and add cultivation with this editor.

But the OSM data after the split does not show where the borders are. Well, not obviously, depending on the area.

Again, only do it if you have fun and time to do so.

Wish for Aerofly FS 2/4:

• I've added a few changes in, didn't get the multi plant stuff or the cursor (the cursor is almost impossible with the mapping library as it sticks with the hand grab unfortunately).

Anyhow, the changes are:

• Selection will have a blue-ish color now to make it more obvious
    • Selection can be dragged around (you can end dragging by double clicking on the drag box, or hit ESC to cancel your drag movement to its original position)
    • Selection can be duplicated by hitting CTRL+V, this will then swap the dragging to the newly pasted objects (you can hit Backspace or right click delete to delete them if they were unintentional)
    • All of the above options are available via the right click menu when you have a selection
    • Some minor fixes to selection handler not respecting the proper coordinates on the map on certain angles.
    • Plant and Light icons have been made a bit smaller so it's easier to see where they are.
    • Option for a custom boundary box via the toolbar on the left, this will be a blue-ish, faded rectangle to indicate your custom boundary box. The format you enter this in is NW Lng, NW Lat, SE Lng, SE Lat (comma separated, spaces are truncated automatically so no need to worry).
    • Hotkeys for buildings and plants, ALT or SHIFT means holding either ALT or SHIFT as well with the number (a notification will tell your selection)
      • 1 - Broadleaf - ALT residential/gable - SHIFT residential/flat
      • 2 - Shrub - ALT commercial/gable - SHIFT commercial/flat
      • 3 - Conifer - ALT industrial/gable - SHIFT residential/flat
      • 4 - Palm
    • Multiple TOC loading, it will put you right in the middle of your loaded objects. The save will only output one file as it's not possible to know what's supposed to be separate without some logic.

I may have forgotten something but I think that's it for now. Let me know if something breaks as I don't really have any unit testing (and unlikely to have any in the future)

Edited 3 times, last by Nabeel (January 11, 2019 at 11:42 PM).

• Nabeel,

Here is something to consider for the editor. Ability to add circular structures and control the height. Maybe even have a choice of the roof or top of the structures - dome, flat, open.

Take a look at this screenshot of a power plant in the South Florida DLC. If we could add and edit these tanks and towers we could greatly increase the realism of flying near this power plant.

Regards,

Ray

• The issue is that cultivation only supports rectangular buildings, so you can't really make circular structures (this requires custom 3d scenery objects modelled). While you could place lots of rectangular buildings in the shape of a circle it wouldn't look good due to overlapping buildings flashing and different randomized textures.

Any complex building in any DLC that doesn't look like the standard cultivation is a custom modelled building, it's not something this editor is capable of supporting (pretty much impossible as 3d models are encrypted so we can't read them outside the game).

Edited once, last by Nabeel (January 12, 2019 at 9:48 AM).

• bummer. Thanks for the detailed reply.

Regards,

Ray

edit: but, there five round tanks in the xref library and probably more that were not released with the initial library. These are no more custom than the buildings and automobiles.

• While we are asking . . . .

Would it be possible to add another couple of categories of scenery items. Say about a dozen or so of the xref house_bungalows and the xfer cars and trucks to populate the empty parking lots.

Another category could be towers - township watertowers, tv and cell towers. While we are at it, this maybe could be expanded this with school buses, taxis, and other large vehicles.

How about some drop-in common national brand structures like McDonalds, Wendy's, Carl Jr., and 7-eleven & Circle K type convenience stores, Chevron, Exxon, and Shell gasoline stations. Maybe even some simple strip centers.

Regards,

Ray