AFS2 Cultivation/Scenery editor

• Yeah I have a plan to add XREF, runways, parking positions, helipads, static aircrafts and such but that'll take a while to implement, the main reason being that all these don't rely on the TOC file but the TSC file and it's in a different format along with some other properties and so on. Right now the editor is primarily aimed towards cultivation only (TOC). The parser I wrote can handle any AFS2 format so that shouldn't generally be an issue anyhow.

I need to do a bit thinking on how that would integrate (i.e. you have to open the TSC and the TOC file and how that plays out). It'll probably take two weeks as I won't get much time to work on this for the next few weeks.

• Yeah I have a plan to add XREF, runways, parking positions, helipads, static aircrafts and such but that'll take a while to implement.

Rome was not built in a day, as they say. Sounds great. You might want to strike up a conversation with Spit40 (Phil). He has lots of the xref items included in his fsCloudPort Airport generator pack.

Regards,

Ray

• Once I add the XREF category you should be able to work with any xref type, the only problem I can see is that these won't show up properly in the editor, it'll be a rectangle showing the bounding box of the XREF rather than the actual format (a complex polygon or such in the case of houses with different shapes).

• I guess we might need a cheat sheet for reference. It will probably be worthwhile to get it in place and to the testing phase. There are lots of bright boys in the community and I am constantly amazed at most of our advances. I'm certainly excited about the possibilities.

Regards,

Ray

• Ray, did we forget to place tanks at this location?

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• I've updated it with the option to create multiple plants, the hotkey for this is R, there's a slider to adjust how many after you activate the draw icon. To use the new drawing tool you simple click the boundaries of the area you want to draw it in, it will respect your given boundaries and ensure the plants are inside it.

The draw tool will only draw the type of plant that you have selected, I will add a function in the future update which allows you to assign weights to plants and it will generate a mix of them (i.e. conifer 0.5, shrub, 0.1, palm 0.2, broadleaf 0.2). Right now you can just draw the one you want, then draw again on the same space with the other type.

Also this will be the last update till the end of January as I'll be very busy with little time. The next area I'll be looking at is XREF items which will likely take some time to get it right.

• I don't understand how to use this feature (how to place the boundary box).

Does anyone have a simple explanation?

Basically you need to enter the coordinates of your top left corner coordinates followed with the coordinates for the bottom right corner.

You enter them comma separated, so if your top left is lng -0.15 lat 52.5 and your bottom right is lng -0.1 lat 52 then you enter -0.15, 52.5, -0.1, 52

You should see a blue rectangle around those coordinates then in the map. This is only for people that need a visual reference of an artificial boundary they want to contain their cultivation in.

• Basically you need to enter the coordinates of your top left corner coordinates followed with the coordinates for the bottom right corner.

You enter them comma separated, so if your top left is lng -0.15 lat 52.5 and your bottom right is lng -0.1 lat 52 then you enter -0.15, 52.5, -0.1, 52

You should see a blue rectangle around those coordinates then in the map. This is only for people that need a visual reference of an artificial boundary they want to contain their cultivation in.

yes, it works as designed. :) I cultivate big areas with less OSM coverage. So this is a help to see what parts need to be done in which toc file.

Wish for Aerofly FS 2/4:

- Flightpath recording on hard drive and replay in sim from different view points

- Smoke for aerobatic planes

- Multiplayer or at least watching other people flying sitting on ground or inside tower

• Basically you need to enter the coordinates of your top left corner coordinates followed with the coordinates for the bottom right corner.

Looks like I used another coordinate system. Thank you for your feedback.

• I've updated it with the option to create multiple plants, the hotkey for this is R, there's a slider to adjust how many after you activate the draw icon. To use the new drawing tool you simple click the boundaries of the area you want to draw it in, it will respect your given boundaries and ensure the plants are inside it.

The draw tool will only draw the type of plant that you have selected, I will add a function in the future update which allows you to assign weights to plants and it will generate a mix of them (i.e. conifer 0.5, shrub, 0.1, palm 0.2, broadleaf 0.2). Right now you can just draw the one you want, then draw again on the same space with the other type.

Also this will be the last update till the end of January as I'll be very busy with little time. The next area I'll be looking at is XREF items which will likely take some time to get it right.

Thank you so very much for adding the hotkey for plants within a defined area, along with all the other improvements. I am off the plant a small forest now. I am looking forward to February to see what is coming with the XREF additions. 8|

Regards,

Ray

• Nabeel,

I have just planted my first 3 grouping of trees using your new addition. Make a boundary, double click and you have an instant forest using whatever you have selected as the default variety and size. Most excellent and so quick and easy. Thanks a million. This will add so much to the visuals.

Now I am off to fine tune the forest.

Regards,

Ray

• Nabeel , This is magnificent work. IPACS thanks you for bringing this tool to the community. I'm going to pin this thread for you.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Nabeel,

Could we have an option to not have the text box follow the cursor around all the time? It interferes with drawing the bounding area for planting trees. Maybe an On and Off feature for the text box.

Regards,

Ray

• How is it meant to load more than one toc-file?

I have my plant and light files of the same tile separated and thought i could display them maybe together with that feature.

Regards,

Thomas

i7-14700KF @ 5.6 GHz, Geforce RTX 4090, 32MB RAM, 1TB SSD M.2, 1TB SSD M.2, 2TB SSD M.2, 32" Monitor 4K, Pimax Crystal

• This is if you have already existing toc files from different sources or you want to combine existing (not compiled) toc files different types... Normally you don't need this.

Wish for Aerofly FS 2/4:

- Flightpath recording on hard drive and replay in sim from different view points

- Smoke for aerobatic planes

- Multiplayer or at least watching other people flying sitting on ground or inside tower