AFS2 Cultivation/Scenery editor

• trying to do elevation conversion but it goes for 12 hrs the stops at 99.993% giving this error in the tm.log

357.09-tmimage: loading png 'n:/geodata/schweiz/input-heightmaps/tree_map.png' = ERROR: (loading png 'n:/geodata/schweiz/input-heightmaps/tree_map.png'= open failed)

ERROR: (loading png 'n:/geodata/schweiz/input-heightmaps/tree_map.png'= open failed)

any help would be appreciated

I-74790 cpu win10 gtx1080TI 32 gb ram 2x1TB ssd:P

• This is if you have already existing toc files from different sources or you want to combine existing (not compiled) toc files different types... Normally you don't need this.

Thanks. It was rather a technical question how to load several files. But I found out. Just select (shift or ctrl) several toc files. I think this can be very useful in order to combine files in the end. Maybe yu need to extract the trees again because you want them narrower. So you run ScenProc only filtering the trees and not all the houses and lights again. In Aero Scenery Editor you can then easily combine the new narrower trees with the rest into one toc fiel again. Related to this it would be good if one could save individual layers.

Regards,

Thomas

i7-14700KF @ 5.6 GHz, Geforce RTX 4090, 32MB RAM, 1TB SSD M.2, 1TB SSD M.2, 2TB SSD M.2, 32" Monitor 4K, Pimax Crystal

• I have a question. Is there a method to delete a group or area of trees that I added with the new update? I made them too thick but, can't figure out how to back it out. Other than search and destroy with notepad++.

Ray

• You could select them and delete them in the editor, hold down CTRL + left mouse, make a selection over the trees and then hit Backspace or right click delete.

If you're worried about accidentally touching other objects (such as buildings or lights), you can disable all the layers from the top right except for plants, this will ensure that you're only working with plants (so selection deleting won't affect anything that isn't visible).

I've done some quick last minute changes before the weekend ends:

• TOC parser won't fail on commented or invalid lines anymore
    • Hidden layers won't be saved (you'll get a message for this to indicate which won't be saved)
    • Lights are bigger now when zoomed out
    • Place multiple lights along your given line.
    • Elevation can be modified using the default properties or per-object property
    • Numpad 1 to 5 can be used to change floors on the selection area if they contain buildings

I've tried to keep the initial post as up to date as possible with all the information that you will need to know.

trying to do elevation conversion but it goes for 12 hrs the stops at 99.993% giving this error in the tm.log

357.09-tmimage: loading png 'n:/geodata/schweiz/input-heightmaps/tree_map.png' = ERROR: (loading png 'n:/geodata/schweiz/input-heightmaps/tree_map.png'= open failed)

ERROR: (loading png 'n:/geodata/schweiz/input-heightmaps/tree_map.png'= open failed)

any help would be appreciated

I think you are probably referring to something else (GeoConverter?) or posted in the wrong thread.

Edited 3 times, last by Nabeel (January 14, 2019 at 6:32 AM).

• I'm agrea, it will be very usefull.

Thanks again Nabeel !

Yeah, this is possible. It's called "elevation" in the properties and can be applied to buildings, plants and lights. They are set to 0 for buildings and plants, and 6 for lights.

The elevation property is what replaces your third argument on the vector3_float64 position in the .toc file.

Edited 3 times, last by Nabeel (January 14, 2019 at 11:20 AM).

• Yeah, this is possible. It's called "elevation" in the properties and can be applied to buildings, plants and lights. They are set to 0 for buildings and plants, and 6 for lights.

The elevation property is what replaces your third argument on the vector3_float64 position in the .toc file.

Your the best Nabeel :)

Just test but I can't entry negative values who where very usefull for the building that are on a steep slope. Sorry to ask again some more...

• Here is my first cut at adding 3d buildings to New Orleans with the new Editor. Now I have to chase down the actual number of floors of the tall buildings and edit the number of floors. Quick, easy and excellent early results. Thanks Nabeel for this wonderful new tool.

Thanks Rodeo for the Superdome and the kick start.

Regards,

Ray

Here is my first adjustment to building heights. Easy Peasy.

Regards,

Ray

• I assume you know the approximate location of the helipad, if you go over there in the editor and add lights on the x and y axis, space them out a bit and make a lot of them in the form of a plus sign. Test it in game and see which light is approximately right, then edit it in the editor again from that light. It'll be a bit of trial and error. You can change time in game with T and Shift+T I believe if you want to see the lights illuminate (as they don't show during the day).

Alternatively, you could take a top-down photo of the helipad in-game and estimate the approximate location of lights on the editor using that as reference and messing around.

Coming along well Nabeel.

Thanks again!

Now if I could just figure out how to get trees/shrubs to show up on Liberty Island. When I plant them, nothing appears. However, if I put some in the water or other land areas, they show up.

Images

Redtail

KFRG, KTEB, KEWR, KLGA

~Straighten up and fly right~

DESKTOP: i7-7700k @5GHz (water cooled), Nvidia GTX 1080Ti FTW3, 32GB DDR4, 500GB SSD, Oculus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Home 64 bit,

TM HOTAS Warthog (large spring removed), Saitek PRO Flight Combat Rudder Pedals, YOKO yoke!

Laptop (gaming): Acer Predator Helios 500- Intel Core i7-8750H @4.1GHz, Nvidia GTX 1070, 32GB DDR4, 256GB SSD/1TB HDD.

Gametrix JetSeat FSE (Flight Sim Edition)-USB Vibrating pad. Nextlevel V3 Motion Platform / Sim cockpit.

• Coming along well Nabeel.

Thanks again!

Now if I could just figure out how to get trees/shrubs to show up on Liberty Island. When I plant them, nothing appears. However, if I put some in the water or other land areas, they show up.

Odd that they don't show, I suppose it might be related with the altitude in game perhaps? As long as they are recorded in the .toc file that's about all the editor can do. You could for testing purposes plant a lot of trees in a huge square/rectangle and see where it finally cuts off.

• Are you sure it stops? 5.3M features could correspond to a large enough area for the splitting step to take some time...

How long did you wait ?

Cheers

Antoine

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 3.20GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.

• 15 hours

Oh yes that's pretty long...

Try first loading only a small zone of your map.osm.

=> replace the first * with lonmin;lonmax;latmin;latmax, like for instance below (replace coordinates with sensible values for your area)

Code
    ImportOGR|C:\Users\coxo\Documents\Aerofly FS 2\Cultivation\map.osm|8.6;9.0;42.6;43.4|*|NOREPROJ

The main point is to first ensure all your steps are working properly on a small zone.

If everything is fine on a tiny zone but it hangs up or fails on the big zone, then it's an overload and you will proceed with batches instead.

But first get rid of faulty steps if any...

Cheers

Antoine

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 3.20GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.

• please excuse my noobyness but how do I know which is the lonmin;lonmax;latmin;latmax

i am totally new to this and how d I find the coordinates I want to build?

Thank you for your input

I-74790 cpu win10 gtx1080TI 32 gb ram 2x1TB ssd:P

Edited once, last by coxo2436 (January 17, 2019 at 9:02 AM).

• please excuse my noobyness but how do I know which is the lonmin;lonmax;latmin;latmax

i am totally new to this

Thank you for your input

Well, just choose a small test area inside the area you're cultivating and there you go.

In case you still don't know how to proceed, please just indicate here what zone you're trying to cultivate and I provide you with the syntax.

Cheers

Antoine