AFS2 Cultivation/Scenery editor

• Oh then it's already a small zone, then your problem is somewhere else I'm afraid.

BTW the format is lonmin;lonmax;latmin;latmax, thus 147.15;147.63;-43.13;-42.79 if it's in Tasmania...

Cheers

Antoine

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 3.20GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.

• thank you i will give it a try

Since it's already a small area, I'm not sure this code will do anything for you.

I'd advise checking your steps with a different osm source, or try working with shapefiles your can check in QGIS...

Cheers

Antoine

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 3.20GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.

• that seemed to work , at least it built the toc file

just gunna chick it the sim now i will let you know how it goes

thank you

watch in 1080 p HD

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I-74790 cpu win10 gtx1080TI 32 gb ram 2x1TB ssd:P

• Unfortunately this may take longer than I anticipated, I got stuck into other work-related shenanigans and have not had the time to look at this yet for XREF objects. I still need to publish to GitHub as well so it can be open-source so people can contribute if they wish to, though that's pending some refactoring here and there.

• You can quite easily integrate a xref object into the TOC file by this syntax:

All the preview pictures are here:

Cheers, Thomas

• Nabeel,

I got sidetracked with other projects for a while but, came back today to add some custom cultivation to one of my favorite local flying areas. It took me a little while to get back in the groove, but once I got going I thought I should drop you a note to tell you how much I appreciate your creative work with this Cultivation Editor.

You may have answered this in one of the previous posts, but are all the buildings that we add coming from some sort of random collection? I added several identical, more or less, buildings using the same criteria and they were all slightly different. Either in number of windows, doors, color, roof material, etc.

The reason for question is that I am seeking a specific colored commercial or industrial building to replicate. The size varies slightly but, the current editor would take care of that.

These are commercial "chicken houses" that is a major industry in the backwoods of Mississippi. These are typically silver or white long rectangles with very little detail and all have gable roofs. We have literally thousands of these in groups of 4, 5, 6 or more throughout the countryside. These are very visible when flying low and slow.

Here is a post that did not receive anything useful for me to proceed along that tract. Maybe you can suggest something for me.

Requesting help with a specific building_textures folder

Regards,

Ray

• Yes, that's the behavior of cultivation. Essentially when you create the "same" type of building it will randomly take one of the buildings in your building_textures folder. You can force it to use the same model by editing building_textures\building_textures.txt and ensuring only one entry exists per unique texture type.

I think for more customisation or forcing a specific texture to be used we have to ask IPACS to build this functionality in the configuration files.

• You should be able to do this yourself quite easily with some trial and error, simply make a backup of the .txt file, then in your original txt remove all entries except for 1 (per type), cycle through until you find the desired texture and only use that single entry.

If you send me a PM of the buildings textures folder I can have a look at this after work today for you.

• Nabeel, do you think it would be possible to place a custom object with your scenery editor? That is if we have a tmb file for that object that we could select it to be placed in a location instead of a cultivation building? At the moment I need to use model converter X to assign a geolocation to an object which is a little annoying if you have to place multiple instances of a certain model.

Thanks, Fabian

• No reason really, you could technically

Nabeel, any chance the max number of trees for an area can be increased beyond 2500, or is this limited for a particular reason?

I can increase it when I do the next update, but for now on Chrome (and other browsers) you should be able to right-click (or CTRL+SHIFT+C as the map overrides the right click) and hit inspect on the slider and change the number from 2500 to anything you want (I've attached a screenshot showing this). That number will persist until you reload the page.

Nabeel, do you think it would be possible to place a custom object with your scenery editor? That is if we have a tmb file for that object that we could select it to be placed in a location instead of a cultivation building? At the moment I need to use model converter X to assign a geolocation to an object which is a little annoying if you have to place multiple instances of a certain model.

Thanks, Fabian

We can place custom objects, but the biggest issue as far as I recall is knowing their dimensions. I can easily allow you to place a "custom object marker" somewhere and you will have to specify its object name (so it uses the correct one), but that's about it. We can't infer its dimensions since these files can't be read. The way xref would work is because I'd know their dimensions in advance and they'd be pulled in from some mapping (similarly an object can work if you provide its exact dimensions). I think you also have the potential issue of different rotation on an object, I haven't really looked too much into it as I've swapped jobs mid Feb and have been generally more busy with the first few weeks.

I'll make an effort to get this up on a github repo next weekend, it's plain javascript "hacked" together with a few libraries anyhow, people should be able to contribute if they wish to! Most of the remaining work with xref has already been done in some form in the current editor.

I can increase it when I do the next update, but for now on Chrome (and other browsers) you should be able to right-click (or CTRL+SHIFT+C as the map overrides the right click) and hit inspect on the slider and change the number from 2500 to anything you want (I've attached a screenshot showing this). That number will persist until you reload the page.

We can place custom objects, but the biggest issue as far as I recall is knowing their dimensions. I can easily allow you to place a "custom object marker" somewhere and you will have to specify its object name (so it uses the correct one), but that's about it. We can't infer its dimensions since these files can't be read. The way xref would work is because I'd know their dimensions in advance and they'd be pulled in from some mapping (similarly an object can work if you provide its exact dimensions). I think you also have the potential issue of different rotation on an object, I haven't really looked too much into it as I've swapped jobs mid Feb and have been generally more busy with the first few weeks.

I'll make an effort to get this up on a github repo next weekend, it's plain javascript "hacked" together with a few libraries anyhow, people should be able to contribute if they wish to! Most of the remaining work with xref has already been done in some form in the current editor.

Nabeel, a custom object marker would be completely sufficient. You wouldn't need to know the exact dimensions because it would be the job of the guy who creates the custom model to get the dimensions right. Let's say I'm modeling the church in my home town in Blender: I can get the dimensions of the church with the measuring tools in Google Earth, switch Blender to a metric scale and then model the church exactly to scale. In blender I can place the origin of an object anywhere within the model, so for example I'd place it to the front door of the church in blender and then I'd place the custom object marker in your editor to where the front door would be on the satellite image. That should work, shouldn't it? Considering the orientation of the object, the xref objects also have a origin point and the x, y, and z axis pointing to specific directions. That way an object can be oriented correctly by specifying at which angle for example the x axis should be rotated, correct? The exact same thing can be done in blender and I guess in all the other 3D programs as well. The x, y, and z axis go from the origin that you set for your model and that way the orientation could be defined for a custom object just like for an xref object. If all that is possible it would be a huge step forward to customizing our sceneries.

Cheers, Fabian

Thanks for the info; I'll give this a try.

Ken

• Is it possible to change the build height (floors) of several buildings all at once? I tried to Ctrl-click on several buildings and then right-click to edit them but no luck. Even if I Ctrl-mouse to box-select several buildings, the right-click options are only duplicate or delete - I'm guessing group edit is not possible with the current version, correct?

• I don't think it i possible but would be a great feature. I mainly work with trees and I wished to be able to change a larger group of trees at once, e.g. height.

Regards,

Thomas

i7-14700KF @ 5.6 GHz, Geforce RTX 4090, 32MB RAM, 1TB SSD M.2, 1TB SSD M.2, 2TB SSD M.2, 32" Monitor 4K, Pimax Crystal