New York scenery texture

• The scenery of New York is very very beautiful!!
    However, when flying at low altitude (around 800-1000ft) the texture quality is poor. I wanted to know if you are planning to increase the quality of the textures, I also wanted to know if you ever updated the New York scenary .... Thanks

• To get the best experience be sure to increase your graphics settings if your computer can handle it. If you are using a VR headset you can also increase the Render Scale Factor to a higher number, this is located in your settings/virtual reality settings page.

Have a look at our user manual HERE to get more information.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• I do not think it's about the video card settings ....... what resolution do NY textures have? Flying at high altitude there are no problems but helicopter .....

I think you mean the low res textures due to low res satellite images. The buildings and landclass are fantastic and yes, I also hope to see more High Res. Sat images in the future...:)

• I think you mean the low res textures due to low res satellite images. The buildings and landclass are fantastic and yes, I also hope to see more High Res. Sat images in the future...:)

Aerofly FS2 is great! Absolutely amazing!!

For the ground textures there is still work to be done, now I try with Aeroscenery to realize ground texture with higher resolution ...... someone tried? Tips?

• I agree completely.

This can be done smartly too... use a tool to automatically increase resolution near populated places and decrease away from them, in addition to existing manually zoned airfields and notable geographic features.

Other games are already shipping with 80GB compressed content, and this is a serious sim!

Saying some people don't have lots of drive space isn't a great argument. The game already supports features like VR, which very few people have.

For the same price of the base sim, I can currently buy a 2TB mechanical drive or 480GB SSD. Add around twenty dollars and those sizes would increase up to 50%.

• I have a question in reference to Liberty Island. I noticed the picture posted on the wiki page shows trees, however, when I fly there in the sim I have no trees, even with everything on 'Ultra'.

Am I missing something?

Thanks.

wiki:

Images

Redtail

KFRG, KTEB, KEWR, KLGA

~Straighten up and fly right~

DESKTOP: i7-7700k @5GHz (water cooled), Nvidia GTX 1080Ti FTW3, 32GB DDR4, 500GB SSD, Oculus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Home 64 bit,

TM HOTAS Warthog (large spring removed), Saitek PRO Flight Combat Rudder Pedals, YOKO yoke!

Laptop (gaming): Acer Predator Helios 500- Intel Core i7-8750H @4.1GHz, Nvidia GTX 1070, 32GB DDR4, 256GB SSD/1TB HDD.

Gametrix JetSeat FSE (Flight Sim Edition)-USB Vibrating pad. Nextlevel V3 Motion Platform / Sim cockpit.

• I have a question in reference to Liberty Island. I noticed the picture posted on the wiki page shows trees, however, when I fly there in the sim I have no trees, even with everything on 'Ultra'.

There were indeed once trees, they must have been removed while editing more buildings on Liberty Island.

• There were indeed once trees, they must have been removed while editing more buildings on Liberty Island.

Ok, I thought I had corrupt files or something.

Looks so much better with trees.

Redtail

KFRG, KTEB, KEWR, KLGA

DESKTOP: i7-7700k @5GHz (water cooled), Nvidia GTX 1080Ti FTW3, 32GB DDR4, 500GB SSD, Oculus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Home 64 bit,

TM HOTAS Warthog (large spring removed), Saitek PRO Flight Combat Rudder Pedals, YOKO yoke!

Laptop (gaming): Acer Predator Helios 500- Intel Core i7-8750H @4.1GHz, Nvidia GTX 1070, 32GB DDR4, 256GB SSD/1TB HDD.

Gametrix JetSeat FSE (Flight Sim Edition)-USB Vibrating pad. Nextlevel V3 Motion Platform / Sim cockpit.

• I'd love to see the New York scenery get a second art pass and really pump up the detail and resolution, especially now that we have the R22. It could serve as a showcase for the potential that AFS2 has and start to set the sim apart. Currently I find the level of detail broadly similar to other sims, but AFS2 wins hands down on smoothness and framerate. If moving water and sea/road traffic make it into the sim, one 'showcase demo' area such as Manhattan would really wow the audience so to speak.

I'd happily pay for a 'New York plus' version add on pack.

i5-12600K/MSI RTX 3080/Win11/64Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+ Beyer DT990 pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/Quest Pro/TM Warthog+VKB MkIV Rudder pedals

• I'd love to see the New York scenery get a second art pass and really pump up the detail and resolution, especially now that we have the R22. It could serve as a showcase for the potential that AFS2 has and start to set the sim apart. Currently I find the level of detail broadly similar to other sims, but AFS2 wins hands down on smoothness and framerate. If moving water and sea/road traffic make it into the sim, one 'showcase demo' area such as Manhattan would really wow the audience so to speak.

I'd happily pay for a 'New York plus' version add on pack.

Indeed!

Having flown over Manhattan and the NYC metro area (including TEB, CDW, MMU) several times over the years since my student pilot days, I would gladly pay for a premium version in AFS2.

Redtail

KFRG, KTEB, KEWR, KLGA