Newbie-Question regarding iOS Control

• New to flight sim and Aerofly.

Just downloaded the FS 2019.

I have found that the “tilting” control of the app on my iPad 10.5 pro to be overly sensitive, especially in the flight lessons. I did find a sensitivity adjust and have it set to low.

1. What is considered the ideal holding position?The screen says level, but no matter how I hold it, it is wildly sensitive, especially in the training lessons. Perhaps a glitch?

2. Will a wireless controller work? If so, any recommendations? Little to no documentation on this for mobile.

I have started to use the “analog” control and it does work somewhat better, but would like to use the tilt, only if I can figure it out/ have better control.

I think the FS 2019 is pretty nice, but as a newbie, there is a lack of documentation for mobile use.

• Try higher sensitivity as a smaller tablet movement will give a fast and effective movement. I used to use low sensitivity but it was just annoying.

Real aeroplanes are unstable. The most unstable axis is roll followed by pitch which is pretty good and then yaw which is more or less taken for granted unless a twin has an engine failure. Try reading up on real flying lessons.

Use limit frame rate.

• I have got one of these controllers. Although expensive I can recommend for use with an IPAD. This effectively gives you a joystick with more precise control than can be achieved by either tilting the screen or dragging the onscreen controls. Plug the IPad in to your tv and sit back in your comfy chair with the controller!

• Thank you for all the input. Appreciate it!

Purchased the steel series Nimbus control as recommended.

Still having issues with being able to contol sensitivity of the roll and elevation. I have moved the settings to both low and high sensitivity. Still very hard to control. Not sure if a glitch. I admit I am new, but it is sure difficult to control!

Also, after the controller connects, the on screen controls change. It no longer gives the option to use the co-pilot. At least not with the Cesna or King Air C90. There does not seem to be controller button to bring it up and the iPad screen does not give the option like when in “tilt” mode.

There is also no way to configure to buttons on the controller and the current documentation does not show for Apple iPad/phone.

• By chance I just discovered that the co-pilot also works with the STEELSERIES NIMBUS if you start aerofly 2019 and then switch on the NIMBUS. This works until you leave the flight.

As long as all control elements on the screen are operable, including the brake after landing.

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

- MacBook Pro (16", 2021); Chip: Apple M1 Max; actual macOS || Thrustmaster TCA AIRBUS EDITION: 1x Sidestick, 2x Quadrant, 2x Quadrant Add-On || Pro-Flight-Trainer PUMA X

- iPad (12,9", 4th Generation, RAM: 6 GB); actual iOS || nimbus steelseries