Requesting help with a specific building_textures folder

• I wish to create a special building textures folder with the necessary ttx and txt files for a single simple building design. This is necessary so the cultivated buildings will all be the same color, same style and same textures.

In rural Mississippi the most popular buildings seen from low level flying are clusters of chicken houses. These are long rectangular buildings in small complexes of 4 - 8 buildings with all being basically the same size, color and such. Each building houses about 30,000 chickens for about 5 weeks, then they are cleaned and restocked with baby chicks for another 5 week cycle.

A typical chicken house is about 500 feet long and 40 feet wide so they are easy to spot from the air. The water and power system are quite sophisticated because several thousand chicks can die in minutes of loosing water or power or incorrect humidity or temperature.

The plan is to use Nabeel's new Cultivation Editor to generate the toc file to build the chicken houses, but I will need a customized building texture folder to ensure they all look alike without random roof shapes and colors. Just for info, some share large silo type feed bins that dispenses the feed. A couple of lp gas tanks are there for heating in the winter. Large fans move the air in the summer.

Nothing else will be included in this toc file other than my standard cultivated chicken house. Maybe a thousand or so of them.

In real life, they are all white or silver as tin roofs tend to appear from the air, with white or light grey paint all around. All have gable roofs.

Anyone willing to take a crack at it for me?

Regards,

Ray

• Hi Ray,

I have not yet used his tool, so forgive my ignorance here, but basically you are looking for a 1024X1024 24 bit BMP that can be used to build the coups? Does the cultivation tool allow you to custom build the buildings?

Nope. I need more than a bmp. A series of small texture files defining the roof, walls, etc. and a text file providing instructions. Try out the new editor. Nabeel is adding to it all the time. It is already great.

Regards,

Ray