Best strategy to avoid flying cultivation?

• I am getting better and better with my Comoros Islands. Nevertheless I have one kind of frustrating behaviour, I don't know at the moment how to avoid this best.

I have four islands all with my own elevation, ortho-pictures, custom cultivations and each of them one airport. (At the moment the airports are just basic.)

If I start from the different islands, everything is in place, all the cultivation is placed on ground, each island is working fine.

Now I am flying from one island to the other and the problems are starting: The cultivation objects are flying 5 to 20 Meters over the ground.

Since everything is fine if I start at the island I guess it has something to do with when the cultivation is placed on ground.

Possibly it is created, when a lower elevation-level is loaded in memory? If so, it would be good to know, when a new elevation level will be loaded. If this is the case, I can play with the range and size of cultivation files to be loaded into the sim.

Or is this nonsense, since this behaviour comes from something else?

Currently my custom elevation covers level 7, 10 and 11, like the elevation files from AFFS2 and are compilet in one step, so no duplicate elevation files are existing (beside the default one inside the AFFS2 installation). But I also tried different levels or without a custom mesh as well. (Making sure the cash is emptied between the tests.)

Inside the toc file all position values are set to [X Y 0.000000] and the tsc file say <[bool][autoheight][true]> for the cultivation section as well as the scenery place section.

Since currently I have only 400 KByte cultivations for the whole islands, I can also try to put everything in one tsc file. But I am not sure if this will be a solution if I completely cultivate all islands.

It would be good to know the mechanics how and when the altitude of cultivation objects will be set for autoheight objects.

Wish for Aerofly FS 2/4:

- Flightpath recording on hard drive and replay in sim from different view points

- Smoke for aerobatic planes

- Multiplayer or at least watching other people flying sitting on ground or inside tower

• Hello flightextrme,

your Cultivation is basically too big, I mean from geographical size. when the Aerofly loads a cultivation and generates the meshes, it does not have all the elevation data in its memory, So cultivation objects far from your airport or cameraposition will not have the right elevation. You should tile your cultivation data into a grid with a grid size of around 10 km. each cultivation needs its own tsc file. the file can be relatiovlz blank, just the center point and the Size is needed.

• Hi Wünsch, so I need to make even smaler files? (I already have separated tsc files for my cultivations.)

Currently they cover an area of 38 x 38 km (similar to level 10).

10 km would be something like Level 12.. Sounds resonable, since my elevation files are up to Level 11.

Thank you, I will give it a try.

Just to confirm. This is the solution. The small cultivation files size approximately 10 km^2 will now be placed after the elevation mesh (level 11) get's loaded.

I put the range for the cultivation tsc files to 15 km so they get loaded quick enough but definitely after the 20 km^2 mesh tile.

Now the cultivation objects are not flying anymore even if I fly into the scenery from outside.

Again, thank you for help and information. :thumbup:

Wish for Aerofly FS 2/4:

- Flightpath recording on hard drive and replay in sim from different view points

- Smoke for aerobatic planes

- Multiplayer or at least watching other people flying sitting on ground or inside tower