• I'm trying to make cultivation .... without success. I used:

1) OSM data from Openstreet Map

2) the Scenproc ver2 software

3) the SPC file of crispy136

4) the TSC file that I attach

5) the building_textures folder found in all cultivations distributed on the Internet (https://flight-sim.org/).

The results are really poor.

Is there a way to change the shape of the Europe style roofs to the USA style? (Staten Island-New York)

Is there a way to personalize the textures of the houses?

I attach image google map of the same area and FS2 screenshots

This is the link to Openstreetmap area.

Thanks

• For the most part it looks like the OSM data you collected has those houses split into two buildings rather than one( perhaps these are town houses? ). You would have to manually edit these buildings into one if you wanted to achieve the Google picture, either using JOSM or the new AFS2 editor by Nabeel. As for those specific roof types in upper picture, I believe its only Flat roofed or the Gable type in bottom image that can be converted. As for the SPC file, it can be edited in ScenProc for different building floor heights etc. All the info for that is within that template highlighted in green. You will also find that ScenProc gives an explanation of each value by hovering the mouse over each command.

For editing building textures I downloaded Rodeos Airport Design Package and under "aeroflyFS2_airportdesign_ac3d_package\cultivation\building_textures" I edit the buildings using a photo shop program called GIMP . A lot of renaming, copy and pasting in order to make a variety of buildings.

Located in the same folder you need to click the content converter and they should be saved in your documents/ aerofly/ folder etc. Very time consuming with lots of trial and error but the only way to learn is to give it a try! Hopefully some of this information can help.

• Google most likely uses photogrammetry to create 3D models out of 2D photos, the result you see currently isn't far off what you can expect with AFS2. You are missing ground textures (aerial/satellite photos), which can be achieved using AeroScenery. The placements are all reliant on OSM data unfortunately, you could use the editor I made to fix them up but it's a lot of work regardless for a large area.

If you do want to go beyond you will need to look into using custom scenery objects rather than cultivation, this allows you to create your own 3D models (and better represent your scenery). Though this requires you to know how to use 3D software.

• thanks ZoSoChile and Nabeel for your reply.

it's about modeling huge amounts of OSM data. I understand that the libraries that transform OSM data into cultivation of AFS2 are unfortunately very poor .... having only rectangular elements available ....... are there also cylindrical elements?!? Modifying in a timely manner with the excellent editor of Nabeel seems to me a truly colossal job !!
    In XPLANE the World-model library is very powerful and generates rich and photorealistic scenarios ..... maybe AFS2 has to grow again ....