• Although I think the Cub is great, I'm not voting for it, because I think we need a more powerful bush plane with a turbine engine (no, I'm not talking about "Draco" here) to fly in the hopefully soon to be released Lukla scenery.

That aircraft is of course the Pilatus PC-6 Turbo Porter 8). As a plus, it doesn't need to be yellow ;).

Regards

Martin

A Turbo Porter would be a good fit for the short runways and high altitudes for sure, but Lukla is such a small and specialized area that it should not override the entire world of backcountry that is open to the smaller cubs. :)

Regards,

Ray

• We may be counting our chickens before they hatch. Planning or selecting the second plane before either has released their first one might be overreaching a bit

No worries, Ray. I'm fully concentrating on getting the Bücker into beta.

But, of course, I'm thinking what could be next. It should be something what I would like to model AND the community would have use for. I have some hours on the 90 hp Cub and I like the plane a lot. So, that's why I wrote "considering". But who knows what the future will bring. 8) ;)

Kai

• :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

After watching this video I'm wondering: Why do we design so many runways, taxiways and ramps??? I'll immediately stop developing airports! :D:P8o<X

However, your statement and this video reminds me (with laughter in my heart) on all this "useless" discussions at so many flight-sim forums - " what is real aviation/simulation and what not" - where "so called" serious flight-simmers would fiercely clash:

" This is not real aviation...there is no airport even no paved runway...you cannot land there, because you are not allowed to do this...you got no clearence from a tower, so you are not allowed to land on a river bank ;)...you only should land off runways in the case of emergency, etc...etc...etc... . "

That's what I start to really love about Aerofly FS 2 and its community: It's this kind of unorthodox and refreshing attitude they bring to light, and their new approach regarding flight simulation, without to lose grip on reality.

Alltought AFS2's pace of development could be a little bit faster --> sorry developers ;) ) !

Edited once, last by KalEl (February 1, 2019 at 7:50 AM).

• However, your statement and this video reminds me (with laughter in my heart) on all this "useless" discussions at so many flight-sim forums - " what is real aviation/simulation and what not" - where "so called" serious flight-simmers would fiercely clash:

" This is not real aviation...there is no airport even no paved runway...you cannot land there, because you are not allowed to do this...you got no clearence from a tower, so you are not allowed to land on a river bank ;)...you only should land off runways in the case of emergency, etc...etc...etc... . "

That's what I start to really love about Aerofly FS 2 and its community: It's this kind of unorthodox and refreshing attitude they bring to light, and their new approach regarding flight simulation, without to lose grip on reality.

I agree. Some of the most fun I've ever had is doing things in the sim that I could never attempt in real life: flying under bridges, buzzing airport towers, landing on city streets and taxiing up to buildings, flying in unusual environments, etc. And yet all of this has to be realistic in terms of that the aircraft can really do -- otherwise it is just an arcade game...

• (...) I have some hours on the 90 hp Cub and I like the plane a lot. So, that's why I wrote "considering". But who knows what the future will bring. 8) ;)

(...)

I would really love having for once in AFS2 a simple GA aircraft being carfully modelled down to the basic systems and physics, with an "as-accurate as it gets" behaviour, instead of the usual beautiful but still rather empty shell with fancy engine behaviour.

Having flown also the 90hp Cub - actually a lovely WWII Piper L4 purchased to American surplus back in 1944 (the only authentic warbird I could afford on a regular basis), I'd indeed love the above simple GA aircraft being a Cub (or better an L4 if anybody is willing to design the characteristic canopy).

http://www.pionnair-ge.com/spip1/IMG/arton419.jpg

For those who don't fear reading some history in French : http://www.pionnair-ge.com

Cheers

Antoine

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 3.20GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.

• I'd indeed love the above simple GA aircraft being a Cub (or better an L4 if anybody is willing to design the characteristic canopy).

[Blocked Image: http://www.pionnair-ge.com/spip1/IMG/arton419.jpg]

My first 11.5 hrs of instruction were in the J-3 and PA-12, very similar types. Have you flown krzysk's Cub Special in FS 1? It handles very much like the J-3, and he is in the process of porting it over to FS 2. It looks as follows (go to 1:47 in the video):

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• (...)Have you flown krzysk's Cub Special in FS 1? I(...)

Yes I did and that's the very aircraft I tried tried to port into AFS2 in the beginning by fiddeling about in the TMD's, but I never managed to get her showing up.

Hope krzysk manages to port her over to our AFS2

Cheers

Antoine

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 3.20GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.

• Have you flown krzysk's Cub Special in FS 1? It handles very much like the J-3, and he is in the process of porting it over to FS 2.

Because the PA-11 is already on Krzysztof’s list for AFS2 I was thinking a modern Cubmaster’s FX3 or SS would be a good choice for a project. There is ample information available online. Jay was moving along nicely but, unfortunately had to quit before it got in the air.

Regards,

Ray

• Hey gang,

Regarding the Piper cub, I contacted Krzysk and he sent me the files, I'll be working on that in my free time :)

I want to get the physics just right, add engine start etc, make it vr hand compatible etc., Think this will be a great plane :)

You have free time? :)

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Hey gang,

Regarding the Piper cub, I contacted Krzysk and he sent me the files, I'll be working on that in my free time :)

I want to get the physics just right, add engine start etc, make it vr hand compatible etc., Think this will be a great plane :)

Thank you SO MUCH !!!, Jan, really great.

And here comes a suggestion for watching a movie (from 1975), starring Robert Redford:

The Great Waldo Pepper (in German: Tollkühne Flieger)

[Blocked Image: https://images.justwatch.com/poster/5689439…at-waldo-pepper]

Probably some of you know this movie already! It displays the times of the " Golden Age of Aviation ".

Where pilots actually flew under bridges and could land wherever they wanted. Beside its - not so good - drama stuff, it contains a lot of good informations about the origins/history of todays aviation. Very inspiring indeed and a good bunch of action, with lots of realistic background.

All the very best.

• from a real world cub. . .

From Krzysk's FS1 PA-11 that Jan is tweaking for FS2. Nice.

Once Jan gets the Cub Special flying in AFS2, we need to start talking about some options, like floats, Skis, backcountry tires.

• As long as it can come close to the STOL of this Super Cub, I'll be happy:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The landing is over in under 3 seconds (0:12-0:15). And the roll out distance? Less than the length of the Cub: when it comes to a stop, the tail wheel has not even made it to where the main gear touched down! Of course, a head wind and uphill grade help...