• While we wait for the water and physics, you can land the float planes at Dry Tortugas if you know the secret landing area. This only area that will work for now is directly underneath the airplane and around the new dock. 8o Everywhere else is a protected area for the manatees, for now. :huh:

Here is a better layout for the water landing area for Dry Tortugas. I have a fsCP airport here but the elevations. static aircraft, wind turbines and private dock have to be added to the file. PM me and I will send you the necessary upgrades and changes needed to make it functional.

• Lately I sorted out my projects and connected running versions of models to the GitHub platform.

Gave them all a try. They all show up in the sim without problems (I did remove -master from all folder names). Some of them can become interesting but at this moment they are indeed 'test models'. Specially (as mentioned already) the reflections are way off. And as far as I can tell there isn't a single button you can switch with the mouse? Anyway, looking forward to how these planes may develop in the future but for now they are uninstalled again.

EDIT

I only fly planes from inside the cockpit: I have the idea a lot of people like to fly the planes while magically hovering in the air, somewhere behind the plane, and in that case these models may be fine already! But not for my kind of flying. ;) )

• 2) colour washed out on Trimotor... too much reflection I think

I've just tested full specular maps on that aircraft :) (it happens because I connected GitHb with my running folder)

You can simply delete all specular.ttx files...

or download newer version with reworked textures

4) Chipmunk loads with canopy open and I cant find a way to close it

Gear button is a temporary solution and comes from Aerofly FS1 model - there was not other solution as it is8o

• I only fly planes from inside the cockpit: I have the idea a lot of people like to fly the planes while magically hovering in the air, somewhere behind the plane, and in that case these models may be fine already! But not for my kind of flying. ;) )

The only downside to cockpit flying is the cockpit covers so much of that beautiful Aerofly FS 2 scenery. Of course, that doesn't matter too much in this kind of flying where attention to the instrument panel is kind of mandatory:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Is it me, or do these planes seems to be ignoring aileron trim?

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

Most of these planes are so light that aileron and rudder trim are not necessary. I suppose you can key map additional trim controls easy enough.

Regards,

Ray

• Most of these planes are so light that aileron and rudder trim are not necessary. I suppose you can key map additional trim controls easy enough.

Regards,

Ray

Having to keep constant pressure on the stick to keep the plane from heading off on its own may be realistic in some instances, but it's also not very fun. The tri-motor for instance, even at full power wants most earnestly to dive straight for the ground, not to mention twisting powerfully to the left, which gets old, surprisingly quickly.

I sometimes wonder while simming with frisky planes if the real thing was so fidgety why people think flying is fun. This seems especially true of Aerofly planes that tend to wander a lot (hard to even keep a straight line while taking off) as opposed to other sims.

I guess this is my grumpy day. :S

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

• Keep in mind that practically all of these freeware aircraft are ported over from fairly old models, meaning some probably started as FS2002 and FS2004 models. None are very detailed designs but the sure increase our choices when browsing our Aircraft Selection screens each morning.

Personally, I am very excited to see so many of these new airplanes flying in AFS2, especially those cubs and float models.

I think the next one we see arriving will be the most detailed of the bunch, and it will also have a floats option. Can you whisper backcountry?

Aerofly FS2 code is very different from any of the existing sims so the specialized developer community is very small and struggling. I never complain about freeware, but, I bet you could get your money back within a reasonable time. 😲

Regards,

Ray

• I never complain about freeware, but, I bet you could get your money back within a reasonable time. 😲

My impression was that input was requested....... was that incorrect?

Devons rig

• That is my understanding, yes. Krzysk is cranking them out so fast and furious that he can’t possibly have time to check the details of each and every one of them. Nothing like having an active worldwide community for a beta team.

The Gibhub setup allows you to make comments directly against the models.

I personally have not flown the Ford Tri-motor but, I never liked the pay ware version very much. Those milky windows never had an option for clear glass so it did’t get flight time from me. Guess I am still biased.

Regards,

Ray

That s/b GitHub

https://github.com/krzysk1?tab=repositories

I see the Tri-Motor was updated 4 hours ago so someone must be listening.

• None are very detailed designs but the sure increase our choices when browsing our Aircraft Selection screens each morning.

Don't take this as complaining, it's freeware indeed, but increasing your choices with very basic or even unflyable aircrafts isn't something I regard as positive... I even like to REMOVE default aircraft I don't use! ;) Cluttering up the already cumbersome selection menu with planes I don't need wouldn't light up my morning. I don't really understand the desire for more, more, more choices... I rather have (far) less but better choices. Yes, I guess this is yet another grumpy day. 8o (Again, let me repeat, I applaud the effort and look forward to what may come from all this!!!;))

• Trimotor... wow what a detailed model... all those corrugated surfaces. Personally I'd prefer the Aluminium a bit less polished and clean but I'm sure there are just as many who like it as is. Just personal taste.

Took the Yak 18 for a spin and a few things to report...

1) not getting any sound

2) on ground left side door flaps open and close.... when airborne and wheels tucked up door is closed ok

3) Right Aileron may have a geometry or normal problem as it is shaded dark on the lit side

Matt

• Don't take this as complaining, it's freeware indeed, but increasing your choices with very basic or even unflyable aircrafts isn't something I regard as positive... I even like to REMOVE default aircraft I don't use! ;) Cluttering up the already cumbersome selection menu with planes I don't need wouldn't light up my morning. I don't really understand the desire for more, more, more choices... I rather have (far) less but better choices. Yes, I guess this is yet another grumpy day. 8o (Again, let me repeat, I applaud the effort and look forward to what may come from all this!!!;))

Agreed. It all comes down to what blows your skirt up. I like lots of choices and I like to fly outside the cockpit so chances are we will never meet in Multi-player. Oh, and I like to taxi at reasonable and safe speeds. :P

Ray

• C18 now loads ok so progress there. Other problems to report...

1) no sound

2) After tucking gear... landing gear has a spasm and flight reloads.

attached tm extract re c18 flight

Matt

PZL and Socata… lovely uneventful flights. PZL artwork outstanding.

Rutan lovely flyer...

1) Too reflective but I understand that is WIP

2) Lining on liveries is a bit pixelated. I'm not sure how you textured this but may be redoing as larger size textures might sort this. AF2 seems to cope well with HD artwork.

AN2... Door can be added to list of parts that look too reflective.

DH1... noticed a bit of Z buffering on the Right Wing Root by flaps.... surface interfering with fuselage behind it. Not a problem on left.

Seeing how great the PZL is I cant wait to see the Mustang and Spitfire you've done in SIM.

Matt

• Even if the real aircraft doesn't have aileron trim it should still be added for user comfort. Take the Camel or Jungmeister for example, it's nice to be able to trim them out for level flight, even though you would probably have to hold aileron in the real aircraft.

I agree with this, and I will again beat that dead horse for allowing mouse flight control as in FS 1. In that app, I never had to worry about messing with trim because if the aircraft deviated from level flight when the mouse was centered on the screen, I just nudged it in the direction needed to offset the deviation. For example, for nose high deviation just move it forward a bit and for nose low nudge it back. Right wing low? Move the mouse to the left just enough to offset the deviation, and vice versa for left wing low. This so much easier than clicking cockpit controls or pressing key strokes to trim the elevator and ailerons.

And before someone points out (yet again) how the mouse is needed to click on all those clickable controls in the cockpit, I will simply say I fly FS 2 aircraft and never use the mouse to do that at all (excepting for the rare case where that is the only alternative), preferring instead to setup keystroke controls for doing the required action. It seems to me that the decision to disable mouse flight control in FS 2 to monopolize it for clicking about the cockpit is an example of the tail wagging the dog...

And as I have pointed out previously, for people who actually prefer clicking on cockpit controls, it is possible to have a keystroke for toggling between the two modes: cockpit mouse control and flight mouse control. I can't see a good reason for taking a way one control mode, when both can be accommodated.

The Tri-Motor has judt been updated to include rudder and aileron trim among other things. Jump over to the Githhub and read the Comments and download the update.

Several others have been ran through the Aileron and Rudders Trim line. Turns out these were either Monday or Friday slip ups and the full team (of one) is on it now for detailed inspections and corrections as necessary. :S

Regards,

Ray

We had a last minute update of the c18s (Beech D-18) that corrected the missing external sounds and fixed the flashing overcooked reflections in the cockpit. I just did a redownload and reinstall and it is very nice flying old bird now. Oh, yea, the first fix got the gear retraction shimmy.

Also has Aileron and rudder trim added.

Regards,

Ray

The c170B also received some special attention. The Blue livery has been added to the Red one and the zero or Full flaps has been fixed. Check the partial flaps in the screenshot.

The milky windows can be fixed by deleting or renaming some of the ttx files starting with glass. I had this fixed but I overwrote those files and will have to do some experimenting to get it correct again. If you pick the wrong one you will totally delete the windscreen. duh. :/:S:rolleyes:

Regards,

Ray

I found one of many possible fixes for the milky colored windows in the C170b. I copied the ttx glass files from the DR400 and just dropped them in the c170b folder. I haven't bothered to find the exact files that corrects the problem.

Ray

After the Blue livery and the basic paintkit was added a set of classic wheelpants showed up. Looks like we might need to keep the earlier download if we opt for the exposed tires instead. The rivet counters ought to love this one. Is this nice looking or what?

Ray

Is this one ready for the backcountry, or what?