• Hi Krzysk, the latest update on the C18 seems to have fixed the undercarriage in that it no longer has a spasm and folds up through the wing but a problem still seems to remain... the engine seems to run in a short burst followed by a crash and reload of the model. When the engine is not running there is no visible propeller. Here is the tm file in case it helps.

Matt

• 18th March

tried most of the recent batch of releases... few things to report

1) Tomahawk. When started on runway engine is stopped and couldn't use it. Air start and off runway from a previous flight ok.

2) I-16 Letter decal quad on fuselage is casting a shadow. If this cant be fixed wouldn't it look better as part of the textures? Also there seems to be a bit of geometry problem on the Rudder that is affecting and spoiling the smoothing on rear edge (noticed on right side … not sure about left). The flight model seems very quick (could give an Me262 a run for its money:)) and trying to land difficult to slow down... job to work out how to slow engine revs... just cutting throttle doesn't seem to do it.

3) Yak 18 seems all good now except for no sound... are you meant to copy over the sound files from another model?

4) Beech C18… still crashing and resetting on ground start. I was able use it by doing an air start but on final approach and throttle back props disappear and crash and reset occurs again. Nice model though.

Matt

• Hi Krzysk… feedback follows for latest 4 models uploaded

Shavrov SH-2

What a lovely model... The prototype looks like someone took a canoe and some Tiger Moth bits and cobbled this together:)

Ref the model...

FIXED 1) Tyres /wheels a bit too reflective compared with rest of model

2) Model doesn't slide on water surface like Duck and Beaver so cant do "water landing" unless wheels down.

Matt

Edited once, last by MDIvey (March 25, 2019 at 10:52 AM).

• Mustang III

This was the one I think I was looking forward too most... it is a beauty but there are some problems to report

1) Runway start engine stops on idle

2) Propeller/Spinner wobbles a bit when rotating... very slightly off centre I think... either mesh or tm animation entry

3) After take off gear goes up then gear has a spasm and aeroplane breaks up in mid air and crashes (tm attached)

4) artwork is superb but maybe could do with slightly less of a gloss finish?

Matt

• P40 Warhawk

Seems largely ok.

Only observation (and I've only tried one of the repaints) is that because the model is of very nice quality it seems a shame to have the panel lining on the artwork a little bit thick and pixelated… would look better a bit more refined... perhaps larger textures required to facilitate? Wish I had time to help you out with it but my own projects are taking up the spare time I have available.

Matt

Addendum... flying this a bit more have a few more observations...

FIXED 1) Shouldn't the Prop spinner be a bit more conical (pointy) as I've tried to indicate on shot below?

2) Would it be possible to have a model carrying the belly tank as these sometimes did?

Matt

Edited 2 times, last by MDIvey (March 25, 2019 at 10:53 AM).

• Hi Krzysk.

I have to say that the amount of work you presumably must have put in to this is impressive! Thank you for doing this.

I fly only in VR and so far none of the planes I've tried are really useful for that purpose. Will there be upgraded cockpits at some point or are these models for exterior flying only?

• Hi Krzysk.

I have to say that the amount of work you presumably must have put in to this is impressive! Thank you for doing this.

I fly only in VR and so far none of the planes I've tried are really useful for that purpose. Will there be upgraded cockpits at some point or are these models for exterior flying only?

Try the Ercoupe models in VR and tell us what you think.

Regards,

Ray

• 25th March

Rapide Fixed apart from slight jiggling about on main wheels when on the ground.

SH2 wheels fixed.

Ref the Warhawk spinner... perfect now. Thanks K. Looks really great. I have noticed something else about the warhawk which I didn't notice before... that is that there may be a problem with the Geometry/Normals on the wings... particularly on the underside with surfaces showing dark when they should be lit and vice versa, also the tailwheel doors but not quite so noticeable... see screenshots below.

The most recently uploaded models...

Capronni…

1) no sounds

Matt

• Hi Krzysk… a couple of requests regarding the P40

1) would you mind including in the repaint folder a bmp copy of the main texture for the default repaint. I would like to see if doing a HD texture set is feasible. Not making any promises but I use photoshop 6 for my Artwork and it doesn't have the ability to open XCF files (not even sure what program they are for).

2) If it seems 1) is doable would you mind including "specular and alpha" in the material settings for the main parts?

3) Id like to have a go at knocking up a Belly tank for the model in AC3D if you're agreeable... I'd need to know what software your using and what model of P40 were dealing with... The Warhawk was basically an E model used by the British wasn't it K? I had in mind that as Steve did with the F104 there could be a TMD file for with tank and without... because I don't think you could fly aerobatics with the tank on in RL so might be nice to have the choice of models.

Matt

• Hi Krzysk

I've made a drop tank... a bit of an approximation. 967 vertices with uvw maps that will need to be laid out as you see fit either on an existing texture if space or a new one. Just pm your email and tell me what format you want and I will send a copy to you.

Matt