Just For The Fun Of It!

• Hello Roy,

I asked this exact question in January 2017 and got a bit of double talk from IPACS. Something along the lines of the engine sounds do not change due to the constant speed props, which is total bs.

Good to see you back on the forum.

Check out the user-built Dornier 27 STOL. Put some big oversized Alaskan tires on this one and it will do nicely as a back country plane in lieu of the Carbon Cub. Fun plane. Short run, climbs like an elevator. Nice handling qualities.

https://flight-sim.org/filebase/index…er-27-casa-127/

Regards,

Ray

• REALLY LOUD drone from unsynchronised prop speeds in variable pitch/constant speed multis would be nice. Engine nacelle noise isn’t that variable, constant speed prop’ exhaust noise change is noticable on opening the throttle for take off, less so in flight and the exhaust outlet location can affect cockpit noise. Don’t some big brother administrations demand light aircraft silencers/mufflers!

• Thanks for the fun video Roy. You need to assign prop speed keys or buttons in the control menu to get proper engine noise variation. The only change you had there would be from the low throttle automatic constant speed prop control hitting the maximum fine pitch stops where any further reduction in throttle/manifold pressure would result in a fall of engine rpm.

I'm sure you have it settled now but the power set controls your rate of descent as well as speed. The cockpit airspeed indicator reads in mph not like the knots top display. 110 mph with half flap is good for finals, full flap over the fence at 100 mph, flaring at about 95 mph should work well.

(For constant speed propellor planes use the manifold pressure gauges to set power. 15 to 10 inches is a low range for slowing and descent. It is not simulated but 40 to 50 would be real world full power settings in supercharged or turbocharged planes like the P-38 and Corsair).

Edited once, last by Overloaded (January 23, 2019 at 5:55 AM).

• Please post videos in our new gallery: https://www.aerofly.com/community/gall…0-aerofly-fs-2/

Roger. Thanks.

Can you move this there, or should I repost?

Thanks for the fun video Roy. You need to assign prop speed keys or buttons in the control menu to get proper engine noise variation. The only change you had there would be from the low throttle automatic constant speed prop control hitting the maximum fine pitch stops where any further reduction in throttle/manifold pressure would result in a fall of engine rpm...

Thanks for the detailed feedback (I love the technicals). I figured there was a logical explanation because the AFS2 models are always so accurate. I'll fiddle with the prop settings as you suggest. Also thanks for the landing speeds. I'm determined to be able to land this beast! :)

Edited once, last by RoyPettit (January 23, 2019 at 9:00 PM).

• Check out the user-built Dornier 27 STOL. Put some big oversized Alaskan tires on this one and it will do nicely as a back country plane in lieu of the Carbon Cub. Fun plane. Short run, climbs like an elevator. Nice handling qualities.

What am I doing wrong? I unzipped the file into F:\Program Files (x86)\aerofly RC 7\aircraft\do27 (with AFS2 closed). When I start up AFS2 I don't see the Do27 in the Aircraft selection.

• What am I doing wrong? I unzipped the file into F:\Program Files (x86)\aerofly RC 7\aircraft\do27 (with AFS2 closed). When I start up AFS2 I don't see the Do27 in the Aircraft selection.

Roy, that location is not the correct place. It should be in your Users\RoyP\documents\Aerofly FS2\Aircraft folder.

Regards,

Ray