Import models into AF2 Video: How to import 3D Models Video
Files included: 3D Model Convert.zip
Not mentioned in video: How to edit content convert output location.
1. Right click "content_converter_config" open with Notepad++
2. Change to desired file location Picture Example
Note: This is my way of the process. There are indeed different/better workflows while doing this. Folder organisation is up to you. Also this is not a tutorial on how to use Sketchup (Youtube has all those answers.) Please have and use common computer knowledge otherwise you're gonna have a bad time . Alot of trial and error on top of that.. Repeat trial and error.
Basic written step by step
1. Create or open a model in SketchUp MAKE 2017
2. Set your Geo Location for the model (file/Geo location/add location)
3. Make sure the model has no colors, just textures.
4. Export the model as a .DAE(collada) file (file/Export/3D Model/ Collada)
5. Open the .DAE file in ModelConverterX
6. Next is to edit and convert textures:
Click Material Editor, Textures tab, now click resize to the power of 2;
Next click Drawcalls Tab, Predict Drawcalls, Minimize Drawcalls;
Go back to Textures tab, right click each texture and remove Alpha, then click Prefix all with model name;
Finally save textures as BMP.
7. Export Object as AF2 TGI format
Tutorial was made in hopes to better everybody in the Aerofly community. Please feel free to provide any additional information.
Special thanks to Kloot and Rodeo for the information.