System requirements for AFS2 2019?

• I hope I am putting this post in the appropriate place... if not please forgive me and point me in the right direction.

I have posted on these forums a couple of times before but only having to do with AFS2 for Windows. I do also have AFS1 & AFS2 IOS version on my iPad Air2 although I rarely use them. AFS2 on my PC (which I'm using now) is one of my 2 favorite sims along with XP11.

I tried to buy AFS2 2019 for my iPad Air2 but the app store says my machine is not good enough for it.

Well this is going to sound crazy but I am considering buying a new tablet to be able to run this sim. Yeah I know... buying a machine costing hundreds of dollars to run a six or seven $ sim is just plain dimwitted. But then I once bought a $1,200 fence to contain a $20 dog so I am kind of nuts. I do have some other uses in mind too for a new machine which is why I'm leaning toward Android type products.

Could somebody please give me a list of machines (both Apple and Android) that can run the 2019 product? Perhaps a better approach would be to list the minimum specs to be able to run it in each machine type. Please?

Also as a avid AFS2 user on the PC can anyone tell me when we are going to see some more content in that arena? Pretty please?

I'll appreciate any & all help,

Thank you,

Tom Wunder :)

Thank you & Best regards,

Tom Wunder

• I found this information in the AppStore:

Bye, Michael

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

- MacBook Pro (16", 2021); Chip: Apple M1 Max; actual macOS || Thrustmaster TCA AIRBUS EDITION: 1x Sidestick, 2x Quadrant, 2x Quadrant Add-On || Pro-Flight-Trainer PUMA X

- iPad (12,9", 4th Generation, RAM: 6 GB); actual iOS || nimbus steelseries

Edited once, last by ApfelFlieger: Text zum Bild ergänzt (January 29, 2019 at 1:42 PM).

• I get the impression that the more basic devices listed struggle a bit. With future developments tending to be more demanding I’d suggest going higher than the base level devices. Hopefully 2019 will expand significantly before too long, extra storage space might be useful in the future.

• We decided against supporting 'older' iPad devices for a few reasons.

The main issue is, that the new mobile version is basically the same code basis as we use for our desktop version and we just need more memory for various things. Most of it is used in airplanes as you can now operate almost every switch. This is something we want to activate for Aerofly FS 2019 in one of the next update, but it also means more memory.

Besides that, the clouds, the new ground textures and the higher detailed airplane textures also add up.

Maintaining a special older iPhone and iPad version would be possible but would mean just too much work on our side and besides that, Aerofly FS 2019 for iPad Air 2 would just look and feel different than it would on a iPad Pro, so you wouldn't have gained any benefit over our older Aerofly FS 2.

• Most of it is used in airplanes as you can now operate almost every switch. This is something we want to activate for Aerofly FS 2019 in one of the next update, but it also means more memory.

Just a quick question. Does that mean that Aerofly FS 2019 for IOS will have functions such as engines On/Off, lights On/Off, etc in the future? If yes, that would be a great new function that would attract many new users.)

Edited once, last by AeroflyMobile (February 5, 2019 at 7:24 AM).

• We decided against supporting 'older' iPad devices for a few reasons.

The main issue is, that the new mobile version is basically the same code basis as we use for our desktop version and we just need more memory for various things. Most of it is used in airplanes as you can now operate almost every switch. This is something we want to activate for Aerofly FS 2019 in one of the next update, but it also means more memory.

Besides that, the clouds, the new ground textures and the higher detailed airplane textures also add up.

Maintaining a special older iPhone and iPad version would be possible but would mean just too much work on our side and besides that, Aerofly FS 2019 for iPad Air 2 would just look and feel different than it would on a iPad Pro, so you wouldn't have gained any benefit over our older Aerofly FS 2.

Appreciate the openness and I’m all for this decision. Makes total sense.