• Aerofly FS 2 is a fantastic flight simulator :love: and I like to fly with it nearly every day! One of my favorites is the F-18, riding it through the Alps. But now I have a question: Is it true, that after the last updates you can operate most switches and dials in the cockpit, but most of them without any effect? No map, no autopilot, no radio controls, that worked at least partly in earlier versions? Well, perhaps I do something wrong. But even in the dokuwiki the F-18 is not described. Will there be some model care of this interesting jet? Thanks for any informations. In the meantime I learn flying with the charming R22, really a big pleasure. Thanks to all developers for their splendid work! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Best regards

Urs

• The basic autopilot should still work in the F18 and the moving map should still be there (not exactly like the real thing but at least a map) and the map on the lower screen is also showing the route... but most of the f18 systems are not yet simulated, that is correct. But you can fold the wing and extend the hook, open the canopy, set the lights and parking brake and all that basic stuff. We recently added a couple of the HUD functions, too.

The F18 is a fighter and weapon systems are not really our thing, since Aerofly FS 2 is USK 0 and the other systems in our fighters are a bit special, too, e.g. tacan or radars... They are just not present in your general aviation aircraft or in airliners which is why those systems are not there yet.

Eventually we also want the F18 to have a bit of system depth, e.g. electrical and fuel systems, engine start, apu, maybe even the screen menus and all that but I can't estimate when this will happen or promise that it will.

Regards,

Jan

• Hi Jan

Thank you very much for your very revealing answer. In fact, I am not interested in weapons and similar stuff, but exactly in the simulation of all the things you mentioned to be part of a possible extension in the future. That would really be great. So I will be patient... But if it is possible, I would appreciate a description of the F-18 in the dokuwiki to get some idea how to fly this bird in a realistic way.

Thanks again and all the best

Urs

• The basic autopilot should still work in the F18 and the moving map should still be there (not exactly like the real thing but at least a map) and the map on the lower screen is also showing the route... but most of the f18 systems are not yet simulated, that is correct. But you can fold the wing and extend the hook, open the canopy, set the lights and parking brake and all that basic stuff. We recently added a couple of the HUD functions, too.

The F18 is a fighter and weapon systems are not really our thing, since Aerofly FS 2 is USK 0 and the other systems in our fighters are a bit special, too, e.g. tacan or radars... They are just not present in your general aviation aircraft or in airliners which is why those systems are not there yet.

Eventually we also want the F18 to have a bit of system depth, e.g. electrical and fuel systems, engine start, apu, maybe even the screen menus and all that but I can't estimate when this will happen or promise that it will.

Maybe those improvements/upgrades can be passed along to the F-15E also.

Ray