Core Improvements Update Moves to Public Build

• Greetings fellow flight simmers,

we have just posted an update which will address the following;

1) Probable fix for Vulkan issue with AMD RX 570/580 GPU's - it looks like this is a cross platform driver bug or even worse a real hardware issue with these GPUs. our fix should not introduce any performance problems or visual differences. This should be tested by any users with these types of cards and report back to us with the results.

2) Aerofly FS2 using 100% of a single CPU core bug - this update fixes this bug. It's possible that a few users will see improved performance here and there, but it definitely reduces power usage.

3) The controller menu has been reworked - You now see what channels and buttons are assigned to a controller function. you also now see if a button or key is assigned multiple times to different functions.
    For any users with multiple joysticks connected, we need to insure that the fact that when more than one channel is assigned to a function it is not really an issue, but it can be in certain circumstances. Please report any findings with this change.

Thank you for your continued support.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Hello

I've got Cesna pro yoke and Saitek x52, most of flight controls operate simultaneously but not aileron and elevator. Only the last define one is operate when flying, but both seem to work in the controller setup...

Regards

If you switch between these it's probably easiest to just disable one. In the controller settings at the bottom click on your device and in the following menu select the enable to off.

• If you switch between these it's probably easiest to just disable one. In the controller settings at the bottom click on your device and in the following menu select the enable to off.

I don't switch really between them, it's depend of the plane I fly. For some plane like DR400 or Dornier I used the X52 stick with the Cessna throttle quadrant.

It's not really a problem because it doesn't take much time to reassign aileron and elevator, but I don't understand why this axes doesn't work in the same time whereas others like throttle does.

• If you switch between these it's probably easiest to just disable one. In the controller settings at the bottom click on your device and in the following menu select the enable to off.

useful to know.

• beta

My 2 GB GTX950 crashes with VULKAN and a high/ultra graphics mix but I would have expected that anyway.

The 737 manual ADF tuner still does not work (it really would need working audio ident's to be trustworthy).

The VULKAN lower shadow quality giant shadow segment is still present in external views but not in cockpit view.

• After the update I can finally use Vulkan in my RX570 and the smoothness is absolutely amazing. The stutters has gone and now I have the best experience in years compared with other simulators. Maybe the core fix has helped in the result. Congratulations for this work

• Could it be possible or just my own imagination?

Since this update the package temperature of my rig is 5°C - 9°C LOWER than before (also lower graphics temp.). If this is caused by core improvements it would be absolutely wonderful, because I'm simulating AFS2 on my old, but still powerful, laptop gaming PC. And I don't want to waste this machine just for dust or trash.

Zurich became a victim again (alike in the update before ;) ) --> it's still on the same place in the airport selection screen, but with wrong spelling.

IPACS decided to give this venerable city a new name, namely : ZuVIich , something like that !

Controller menu is defenitely an improvement, and a very good idea to underline the switches and axes with various colours corresponding to the allocated devices (never seen this clever idea in another sim before).

But its barely visible and the underlines too weak for my taste ---> maybe you can do something with the colours?

Thank you and all the best.

• Using Vulkan FPS seems smoother! Nice!

However when using "Navigation" or "Location" options from the main menu the map is severely distorted. Horizontal lines through map. Turning Vulkan off fixes this.

**Update to the above:

Fixed the distorted Vulkan graphics "Navigation" or "Location" map by going to: Graphics Quality Settings > Texture Quality > adjust from MED to HIGH. On Medium settings the MAP graphics are messed up, on HIGH they are A-OK.

Edited 2 times, last by Mr. Bean (February 9, 2019 at 8:18 PM).

• When can steam users download the beta?

The beta channel is for Steam. Right click on Aerofly FS 2 in your Steam library and find

beta', you can then opt into the Aerofly FS 2 beta program from there.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• drhotwing1 (IPACS) February 10, 2019 at 4:54 PM

Changed the title of the thread from “Core Improvements Update Moves into Beta” to “Core Improvements Update Moves to Public Build”.