What is the default resolution of the Utah DLC photoground and terrain heightmap?

• Hi,

I'd like to create some scenery within the coverage area of the Utah DLC but now I'm wondering what the default resolution of the ground textures and the terrain heightmap is?

The Steam Page says: https://store.steampowered.com/app/611210/Aerofly_FS_2__USA_Utah/

This DLC for Aerofly FS 2 features the fantastic state of Utah with over 20 airports, like Salt Lake City and the Monument Valley area. Additionally this DLC features high resolution aerial images of Utah with up to 1 meter resolution.

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

• There is a great tool from Vogel69, which displays the position and levels of aerofly tiles:

AFS2 Grid Generator

"...

2/ generate an Aerofly FS 2 grid covering all Ground Image or Elevation files of a selected folder

How to:

Go into "Folder Grid" Tab. Enter the path of your folder containing AFS2 Ground Images or Elevation files and clic on "Generate Grid".

the .kml or .kme file obtained can be viewed directly in google earth"

• Hi,

I'd like to create some scenery within the coverage area of the Utah DLC but now I'm wondering what the default resolution of the ground textures and the terrain heightmap is?

We mostly use 1m ortho imagery but better in areas near airports.

Be careful if you plan on making scenery that is inside of or touching our imagery as it can cause graphical issues and holes within the terrain.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• We mostly use 1m ortho imagery but better in areas near airports.

Be careful if you plan on making scenery that is inside of or touching our imagery as it can cause graphical issues and holes within the terrain.

I'd primarily create scenery for myself so if I break something it's only affecting myself. If I think it's good enough to share I'd first ask some fellow forum members to beta test it. I'm still learning the ins and outs of scenery design, watching tutorials and reading through the threads here on the forum. It will probably take me a few months even for a small scenery area, as my second daughter was just born on Saturday and I'll be occupied with family life for quite a while.

BTW is there any information about the mesh / terrain height map resolution for Utah? In FSX the standard mesh resolution was 76 m but I guess Aerofly is way better than that.