Just Flight announces Duchess model 76

• Awesome news. I feel the momentum building in 2019. Aircraft development for FS2 takes serious time and effort as we know so investment in payware quality aircraft is a great sign of confidence in this sim.

• cool ! I owned the Aerofly fs1 model.... the flight model was a bit strange (too heavy it seemed to me).... But of course it is a really good news ! The Just flight Warrior or Justflight Arrow/Turbo arrow would be great models in FS 2 too ! We can hope that major planes developpers like Carenado/Alabeo jump in !!!!

Regards

• That's awesome! I love the Duchess in real life. One of my first aviation jobs was working for a Beech distributer in Hayward California, and I fell in love with them then. Later, I earned my Multi commercial rating in one. Wonderful flying airplanes. A lot of fun to fly, and nice looking too. This is good news.

• Sounds great but where did JustFlight announce that...? I am very curious to see how deep this plane will be simulated in AFS2. I seriously can't wait for a plane which has everything simulated. Afaik this one has a cold and dark option in P3D, and checklists too: hope to see that in AFS2 too. If everything will be simulated it will be a day one purchase: if it's just one more flying 3D model I will pass.

EDIT

Official Just Flight's Duchess 76 AFS2 page

The description is extremely short compared to the P3D description: just 4 bullets instead of 19 for the P3D version. Nothing about checklists, failures, panel states, cold and dark, fully functional avionics fit, flight computer, etc. etc. etc. Let's hope that's because this is still a work in progress.

EDIT 2
    Asked about this on the Just Flight forum and the list is indeed short because it's a work in progress. Quote: "Full specs when we know more. Currently it's in development so we'll be seeing what's possible in AF2." So they don't really know yet what's possible in AFS2. Let's hope a LOT is possible!

EDIT 3

Just had a look at a real world photo of the G-BZRT and I really LOVE how the plane in the sim seems to be a 100% copy of that real world plane! Up to the smallest detail! Nice! That might be enough already for me to buy this plane, deep systems or not. The default planes in AFS2 are all very clean: I like a real world wear and tear look, specially if it exists just like that in the real world, and this one really gives me that.

EDIT 4

Real world comparison:

Edited once, last by J van E (February 7, 2019 at 11:42 AM).

• A full set of cockpit controls would be nice, the Cessna type working engine mixture would be welcome.

The FS/FS1 version must have been very early as there is no seperate prop control even though it is available in FS. Just Flight will surely do a big improvement for the FS2 version.

I looked up real world Duchess pilot’s notes and it is flown with higher than usual power settings, the recommended cruise is 24” of throttle with between 2,500 and 2,300 rpm. The 180 hp engines have to work hard with the weight of a complex light twin’s equipment. The FS Duchess flies alright with these higher than what would be intuitive power settings (allowing for the non simulated independent propellor controls).

Official Just Flight's Duchess 76 AFS2 page

Just had a look at a real world photo of the G-BZRT and I really LOVE how the plane in the sim seems to be a 100% copy of that real world plane! Up to the smallest detail! Nice!

The velcro strips on the instrument panel are for the UK CAA’s instrument rating training blind flying screens which totally block the outside view to the left seater but which are angled so as to provide a normal view to the instructor or examiner in the right seat.

It would be brilliant if they could be simulated in the new Duchess. The screens could be a view option with perhaps in addition, the screen ‘letterbox’ which was opened at the ILS decision height to allow the student to land the twin (always flying with a simulated failed engine🤢).

No simple head hood cheating there!

• The velcro strips on the instrument panel are for the UK CAA’s instrument rating training blind flying screens which totally block the outside view to the left seater but which are angled so as to provide a normal view to the instructor or examiner in the right seat.

It would be brilliant if they could be simulated in the new Duchess. The screens could be a view option with perhaps in addition, the screen ‘letterbox’ which was opened at the ILS decision height to allow the student to land the twin (always flying with a simulated failed engine🤢).

No simple head hood cheating there!

of course in aerofly you can just assign keys for the visibility and only increase the visibility at minimums.

Regards,

Jan

• This is great news, just when we all needed to hear it! Thanks for the news GACSavannah, and the beautiful new repaints too!

Windows 7 (64-Bit), Asus Sabertooth (Intel Z87) SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0, Intel 4th Gen Core i7 4770K (4.5GHz Overclock) Quad Core, Cooling Antec 920 Dual Stage CPU Liquid Cooling,16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM 1866MHz, 6GB Nvidia GeForce GTX Titan, GDDR5, PCIe, 950 Watt PC Power & Cooling MK II.

Edited once, last by xraythree (March 18, 2019 at 5:19 AM).

• Excellent news! Hope they port over their C152.

Intel i-9 9900k @ 5.0 Ghz, EVGA 2080ti FTW3 11Gb, Corsair H115 PRO water cooler, Gigabyte Aorus Master motherboard, EVGA Super Nova 1000 watt G+ power supply, G.SKILL 64Gb ram @3800 MHz, HP EX 920 M.2 PCIe 3TB,Windows 10 Pro x64

• Hi,
    Rich here from Just Flight. I'll do my best to answer any questions you might have about our AeroflyFS 2 projects!

I cant help but notice that Nav2 looks suspiciously like a clock.

Well spotted! The way we approach aircraft development is that we normally go visit an aircraft and we base the instrumentation and texturing on that particular incarnation. Therefore...
    [Blocked Image: http://i.postimg.cc/sfL7WQf6/IMG-3689.jpg]

Why the owner(s) had a clock in there and a NAV2 label above it - you got me there I'm afraid. :)

Excellent news! Hope they port over their C152.

As long as there is sufficient appetite for our offerings, all of our in-house titles are lined up for conversion to AeroflyFS, similar to how we do for X-Plane these days. Our back catalogue contains a number of other high quality GA aircraft that we're looking forward to getting started on soon, as well as some other stuff I personally can't wait to see in AF2 - Red Arrows Hawk T1A or a Tornado GR1&F3 anyone?
    First though, we're working towards having the Duchess ready to go before the end of April.

We'll be releasing some proper specs and a fresh batch of screenshots later today or tomorrow, so check back in with the product page over the next 24hrs for them.

Finally, we're looking for a handful of experienced AeroflyFS 2 users to assist us with some beta testing, beginning right away. Please drop me an email at Rich@justflight.com if you have the time and experience to get involved. UPDATE - thanks to everyone who got in touch. I've got sufficient numbers now so am closing this off.

Edited once, last by RichSlater (March 12, 2019 at 12:44 PM).

• Hi Rich and welcome !

First question about the Duchess : do you plan to release the Duchess with all the liveries lime in P3d ? That would be great, because as a former owner of the aerofly fs1 just flight Duchess, I remember there was only the red/white livery.

It is great that Just Flight is going to join Aerofly Fs2, the most advanced simulator now ! For me, I would be so glad if you release The Just Flight Piper Warrior\ Archer/ arrow series... I own the 3 in Xplane and would be ready to buy in Aerofly Ga fleet !

For the beta testing, I’ll send you a mail.

Greetings from Switzerland ! Herve

• Great news. Count me in as a customer. I bet Ray Jetjockey10 was first to email you for testing! FS2's official unofficial test pilot.

P.S. Twist some arms for stereo audio if you can! ... or at least some kind of faked HAAS effect for more immersive in cockpit sounds

• all of our in-house titles are lined up for conversion to AeroflyFS, similar to how we do for X-Plane these days. Our back catalogue contains a number of other high quality GA aircraft that we're looking forward to getting started on soon, as well as some other stuff

This is awesome ... :thumbup:

Just Flight - PA-28R Arrow III - became my favorite in FSW. Really exciting if this aircraft will be converted over to AFS2. :)

• Will there be a more complex engine management than in the default AFS 2 aircraft, like realistic mixture, featured in the Duchess? Thanks

• As long as there is sufficient appetite for our offerings, all of our in-house titles are lined up for conversion to AeroflyFS, similar to how we do for X-Plane these days. Our back catalogue contains a number of other high quality GA aircraft that we're looking forward to getting started on soon, as well as some other stuff I personally can't wait to see in AF2 - Red Arrows Hawk T1A or a Tornado GR1&F3 anyone?

Hi Rich,

Thank you so much for posting such (great) news here! I really hope you are successful in converting the Duchess and that our appetite will prove you it's worth it!

My favourite JustFlight aircraft is the beloved Chipmunk, but I'll love seeing any GA aircraft flying in AFS2.

Wish you all the best!

Cheers

Antoine

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 3.20GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.